september cruise cancelled

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No it’s not.  Refunds are offered as well a a choice to get a higher value FCC.

Sorry I didn't read the last part right. I was referring to the first part. Take the money then cancel.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Take the refund. Who knows how long before cruising starts up again or who will start up first. Why lock yourself in to an FCC that has an expiration date when you can use that money towards a different cruise on a different line or a different type of vacation. 

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Take the refund. Who knows how long before cruising starts up again or who will start up first. Why lock yourself in to an FCC that has an expiration date when you can use that money towards a different cruise on a different line or a different type of vacation. 

+1 Take the money and run. 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But wait, we hear how Loyal to Royal some claim to be but take the money and run?  Oxymoron?  

SMH

In my world loyalty begins with me and not a corporation. If people want to jockey around cruises or take the risk of an FCC that's fine by me. If they come here with post number one crying the blues and bashing the cruise line because they couldn't book a cruise before the expiration date or it's costing double the price my answer will be, "Welcome to Cruise Critic".

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

In my world loyalty begins with me and not a corporation. If people want to jockey around cruises or take the risk of an FCC that's fine by me. If they come here with post number one crying the blues and bashing the cruise line because they couldn't book a cruise before the expiration date or it's costing double the price my answer will be, "Welcome to Cruise Critic".

...or the cruise line declares bankruptcy and nullifies all FCC's.

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sure.... but just don’t expect them to be loyal back. It is your money, not theirs. 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sure.... but just don’t expect them to be loyal back. It is your money, not theirs. 

Why would I expect them to be loyal back?  It's a business just like any other and I don't buy into any loyalty program. I play by the rules by paying the higher price and book a refundable deposit. I would have canceled before final payment given the situation we are in.

• Thanks 1

Lift & switch is easier. That's what we did. There's too much "shell game" action going on with the numbers, and that 125% doesn't mean anything in the end. And how do you know your FCC cruise will be of the same value you invested into the first (cancelled) cruise? L&S all the way!