Jan Swartz Online Event

Geoffa30

20 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

I think I am going to steal this as my standard response to all social media disagreements from now on 🙂 It’s good advice!

Love it.  Might also use "stifle your disappointment".

17 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

I totally agree with you and have wondered about this and made the same comment on another topic a while ago.  I am thinking they surely have adjusted the criteria limit they use when you see a certain cabin category is listed as Sold Out.  Because not only do they offer bookings on their own website and direct phone, look at all the cabins they set aside for Costco, Expedia, large group booking department, etc and other 3rd party booking sites. 

I understand what you are saying, however, when I go to my Big Box TA site, the same

identical cabins are the exact cabins available on the Princess site. But, maybe they do

hold some out in blocks? I have a friend who uses a different TA and I have a gut feeling that

MANY cabins were held for them for a while. Them BUMMER, it was canceled. 

At first, I didn't know what to expect with this video, and for a few minutes, I did think it was pretty lame. But for something that was advertised as "hang out with your Princess family", were you expecting hard hitting issues? A news conference? It reminded me of "The Wake Show"-informal, chatty, and a way for people who miss Princess to get a little bit of that experience. In that, it succeeded. 

Yes, I had delays in refunds. Yes, I have thousands of dollars tied up with them, and who knows when any of us will sail again. But they address those things in other videos, in news releases, and e-mails. They were just trying to do something positive for people who miss the experience. Give them a break.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Dunk said:

Yes, I had delays in refunds. Yes, I have thousands of dollars tied up with them, and who knows when any of us will sail again. But they address those things in other videos, in news releases, and e-mails. They were just trying to do something positive for people who miss the experience. Give them a break.

For several months, Princess held thousands of our hard-earned dollars (which we really need now) and we never got a single email about it. Princess still owes us $ (since March.) Every one of the phone calls we initiated with Princess were less-than-useless wastes of our time, while the Princess videos and news releases were self-serving and deceptive at best.  Rather than conducting an inane feel-good session, Jan and her puppets should have been hard at work trying to solve their problems.

It seems that Princess has written-off the bulk of their loyal passengers (we're elite) and in downsizing wants only to retain those who will put up with Princess's nonsense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latserrof said:

For several months, Princess held thousands of our hard-earned dollars (which we really need now) and we never got a single email about it. Princess still owes us $ (since March.)

Every one of the mainstream US based cruise lines have been stuck in the same situation because of the Pandemic.  They are trying to hold onto as much money as they can for as long as they can since only a smidgen of dollars are being generated by add ons on late 2021 or 2022 cruises. All of the boards of these various lines on Cruise  Critic have had multiple threads with the same complaint.

We did luck out however with Royal Caribbean with 2 cruises we had in May and August.  We got our full refund on the May cruise as well as the full deposit on our August cruise in only nine days.  It of course is the exact opposite of those waiting 120+ days for their credit card refunds.

I do hope our first experience on Princess in January assuming the Enchanted sails doesn't result in the same situation that you're currently in.

13 hours ago, nini said:

I understand what you are saying, however, when I go to my Big Box TA site, the same

identical cabins are the exact cabins available on the Princess site. But, maybe they do

hold some out in blocks?

They have types of cabins set aside for them to sell, but not specific cabins within those types.

• Like 1