Jan Swartz Online Event

Geoffa30

17 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

We're Elite with no current bookings (cancelled Vancouver to Hawaii at beginning of pandemic).  We received the email for the Friday event.

Are your bookings booked direct with Princess or through a T/A?   I’m through a T/A & also Elite so I don’t know it matters where your booking was made. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

22 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Are your bookings booked direct with Princess or through a T/A?   I’m through a T/A & also Elite so I don’t know it matters where your booking was made. 

Tom😀

We booked through one of the large TAs. I think the email came Wednesday.

Just left the video, couldn't stand it another minute.  There were no concerns addressed (refunds, COVID, etc.) --- the video so far has been 27 minutes of staff talking about themselves.  There were lots of people typing concerns on the side of the chat but none really seemed to be addressed except for a "canned response" here or there.  So sad as this could have been a good opportunity to connect with past passengers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well that is an hour I will never get back.

There was one piece of useful information and that was in the very limited Q&A period. The Enchanted Princess will be delivered to Princess September 30th. Of course, no information about when it can actually be used for a cruise.

Jan did make a special effort to put a smile on her face for the entire hour.

• Haha 2

I was one of the 200+ in the "Zoom Room".  When I submitted my request to be part of the zoom meeting, I was asked to submit 3 questions.  All of mine were COVID or restart related.  I'm very disappointed in this cheerleading session.  Almost no information.  Those of us in the Zoom Room had our own chat - many were not happy.  It was a total waste of time to me and made me less inclined to sail Princess again rather than more inclined.

• Like 3

Near the end they asked a 'would you rather ...' which seemed to be a fishing expedition about preferred ports / activities 

Completely avoid safety & refund questions 

I came on here to find out what happened?  I'm Elite too, and after getting the invite with Jan's

smiling mug.... thought, Nope I can't handle that baloney.

Looks like we didn't miss anything.

Sorry for the zoom room, that would have been terrific had she actually answered questions.

Again, glad I didn't tune in for the rah rah in the midst of a pandemic.  Shame shame.

13 minutes ago, mreasier said:

I was one of the 200+ in the "Zoom Room".  When I submitted my request to be part of the zoom meeting, I was asked to submit 3 questions.  All of mine were COVID or restart related.  I'm very disappointed in this cheerleading session.  Almost no information.  Those of us in the Zoom Room had our own chat - many were not happy.  It was a total waste of time to me and made me less inclined to sail Princess again rather than more inclined.

So, does that mean you will not tune in for the 2nd edition of Princess Connects Live next month?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caribill said:

So, does that mean you will not tune in for the 2nd edition of Princess Connects Live next month?

😂 Not live - I'll scan the YouTube video after the fact in the slim chance there is any information.

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

when's the re-play and what point should I fast-forward to ??🍷

37:00    lol .....😄 that guitar is a  Antonio Tessarin  we ordered ahead and picked up in Brazil before boarding. 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, caribill said:

Well that is an hour I will never get back.

There was one piece of useful information and that was in the very limited Q&A period. The Enchanted Princess will be delivered to Princess September 30th. Of course, no information about when it can actually be used for a cruise.

Jan did make a special effort to put a smile on her face for the entire hour.

Thanks caribill.  I turned in "late" (9 minutes after it got started).  I lasted 3 minutes and decided that this was not for me.  Thanks for letting me know that I used my "other" time wisely.  

ARE YOU READING THESE COMMENTS, PRINCESS/JAN??

Like everyone else, I just wasted an hour of my life. What a train wreck. Smiling faces and games without any meaningful responses to the scores of really important and thoughtful questions that were posted. 

Without a promise of some meat next month, I’ll just skip the whole damned charade. 

20 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

ARE YOU READING THESE COMMENTS, PRINCESS/JAN??

Like everyone else, I just wasted an hour of my life. What a train wreck. Smiling faces and games without any meaningful responses to the scores of really important and thoughtful questions that were posted. 

Without a promise of some meat next month, I’ll just skip the whole damned charade. 

Watching it on the computer with the Youtube link showed the many comments that people were posting during the session.

Believe it or not, some (a very few) said they enjoyed picking between A and B.

Only 5 minutes of the hour on Q&A: repatriation of crew & updates on new ships.

Two shore excursion personnel, a video producer, a game show & birthday greetings for a few passengers...no mention of the Diamond’s Captain Arma as advertised in their email invitation. Glad that I decided to decline their invitation to join their Zoom panel (elite, 4 canceled cruises this year, no future cruises booked) which was basically a couple of brief small images of people in boxes...more boxes than on the Hollywood Squares game show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxiU_Y_j-HY&app=desktop&persist_app=1

That “Dream with Us” video stated they’ll “return with all MedallionClass ships” which would mean either all ships will have it added or ships lacking it won’t be used. The stock photo they used with the caption “For over 55 years” shows the original Dawn Princess (previously Sitmar’s Fairwind) which joined their fleet in 1988...guess they didn’t have a photo of their first ship Princess Patricia from 1965 nor of the Love Boat Pacific Princess.

They said the entire presentation would be available to view on their Princess YouTube channel for not much new information.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1