Jan Swartz Online Event

Geoffa30

It is curious how they chose who to receive the invite.  Did those that did get an invite have bookings?  We have three bookings for later this year and into 2021 and didn't get one. 

27 minutes ago, Grego said:

It is curious how they chose who to receive the invite.  Did those that did get an invite have bookings?  We have three bookings for later this year and into 2021 and didn't get one. 

We are supposed to sail Regal 14th November this year and Elite level loyalty with 22 cruises (280 days) but I dont think that matters. Just log in to FB and find the link

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

We are supposed to sail Regal 14th November this year and Elite level loyalty with 22 cruises (280 days) but I dont think that matters. Just log in to FB and find the link

you tube , right?

Edited by dog

2 hours ago, Grego said:

We received the invitation and plan on participating....

#PrincessVIP

Edited by PrincessLuver

we also got it ... hope it's more than just a rah, rah event and unlikely to get into too many specifics and dates , which really are prolly not known at this time anyway ... but just at least announce cancellations thru October, because no way those are happening anyway

#SO_OVER_THIS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grego said:

I received the invite and currently have no cruises booked with Princess.

7 hours ago, Grego said:

We received invite and are booked on Sky Princess November 15th. Maybe she's going to update everyone on the new onboard procedures that will be in place then.

13 hours ago, Babs02 said:

Maybe she's going to update everyone on the new onboard procedures that will be in place then.

I doubt Princess even knows them yet.

At least two months too early for this information to be other than speculation.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I doubt Princess even knows them yet.

At least two months too early for this information to be other than speculation.

from the Princess website, I clicked on their Facebook link and saw another posting for July 28 th. 10 am to discuss health / safety issues . Cannot post link, but easy to find.  It was not the same as this Jan Swartz YouTube this week. 
by world travel & tourism council and carnival corp

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 6:14 AM, emmas gran said:

You are probably correct, it might be random selection.  We will have 50 voyages with Princess after this year and 470 days at sea so that's not it.  Doesn't matter, we will be watching because #PrincessLoyal.

I got the invite plus a chance to be in the live presentation, I have been accepted and was asked for questions to pose to her.  I provided the 3 questions in which I am interested in, how will the virus be handled by crew and passengers, will the vaccine be required, how will we know if the ports will allow the ship into port.  We have booked a WC originally 2021 but moved it to 2022.  The live event will be on Zoom and I have received the code to get in live.  I am curios when cruising will start and hope our world cruise gets off.

VUMV2376.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

So it seems there are two types of invites: watch and participate as studio audience...interesting!

Hi Jo & Tom,

Do you think I will be able to participate?? 😁

C6C7C2D4-BAC8-4EBF-B632-2838200A76A3.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

6 hours ago, spookyfudge said:

I got the invite plus a chance to be in the live presentation, I have been accepted and was asked for questions to pose to her.  I provided the 3 questions in which I am interested in, how will the virus be handled by crew and passengers, will the vaccine be required, how will we know if the ports will allow the ship into port.  We have booked a WC originally 2021 but moved it to 2022.  The live event will be on Zoom and I have received the code to get in live.  I am curios when cruising will start and hope our world cruise gets off.

VUMV2376.jpg

i got  the same  Zoom invite and a code. Should be fun and informative. 

As to the content:

"We have a special bonus offer to get excited about. Keep connected with your Princess family by joining our first live event July 24 at 10 a.m. PST. Satisfy your craving for both travel and fine cuisine by booking with our limited bonus, explore new ways to adventure on shore excursions, congratulate Diamond Princess Captain Arma and keep your wanderlust alive."

To me it sounds like a marketing presentation featuring the current promotion of a free specialty restaurant dinner with each new booking.

It will be interesting to see if questions such as the ones submitted by spookyfudge will be answered.

It’s interesting as to how some people were picked to be a part of the discussion.  I’m wondering if they are asking the people that you see at the Captain’s party as the most traveled persons on the cruise. 

As other people have said will it just be a PR event to sell people to make more bookings or will it be an update as to what’s going on with Princess. I hope the latter. 

Tom😀