If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

We have gotten ours and are ready. Its better than needing to get a current test before sailing. We are scheduled for August so hope that the trend continue and they can get back to sailing soon. Having lost two friends to the virus it was a pretty easy decision. 

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I wear a mask when asked since that's the state rule.....

I'll get vaccinated when it's available. That doesn't mean I think RC would waste their time requiring all people get an unapproved vaccine that isn't available for all people.

Glad to see that you're compliant regarding masks.  I hate them as well, but if it's required, complaining about them won't change a thing.

Regarding the vaccines, as I have said repeatedly, the bean counters and lawyers will determine protocol as to whether the cruise lines will demand it or not.  At this point I think Saga and Crystal are the only ocean lines to mandate it, but of course neither is family oriented.

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Then the next question is will there be a time frame for the vaccine such as the vaccine has to be administered less than a year ago?  Or will a 3 year old vaccine be okay.  2 years?  So many ??  So little answers

From everything I've read at worst it'd be rolled into the annual flu shot. Same way they handled Swine Flu.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

From everything I've read at worst it'd be rolled into the annual flu shot. Same way they handled Swine Flu.

At the rate the cruise startup is going  there  will be people having to get their second booster before boarding.  Maybe I better hold off a few months before getting mine  (kidding going tomorrow for jab #1)

• Like 3

I’m all for it, if it gives a sense of confidence to the Ports of call/Islands to open up for cruising.  

If having a fully-vaccinated ship is what is needed to allow visits, for instance, to the Caribbean ports of call, then sure!

It may also allow for independent excursions, instead of “ship bubble” excursions.  

Edited by BSocial

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

At the rate the cruise startup is going  there  will be people having to get their second booster before boarding.  Maybe I better hold off a few months before getting mine  (kidding going tomorrow for jab #1)

Happy for you, that you got your appointment 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I wear a mask when asked since that's the state rule. That doesn't mean masks work and just about every single data set during covid shows masks do not work.

I'll get vaccinated when it's available. That doesn't mean I think RC would waste their time requiring all people get an unapproved vaccine that isn't available for all people.

Follow the science, not the fear.

It's much easier to argue against a strawman than accept the nuance of someone's position. I hope more will come along... I think we're nearly at the point where it's not ok to be quiet about continued restrictions in the face of falling hospitalizations and death statistics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Then the next question is will there be a time frame for the vaccine such as the vaccine has to be administered less than a year ago?  Or will a 3 year old vaccine be okay.  2 years?  So many ??  So little answers

We're already dealing with a shade of that... My husband and I both enrolled in the Pfizer trial. He was assigned to the vaccine arm and I got placebo (we didn't know that at the time, but do now). Once the vaccine was approved for EUA and they unblinded us, he got a card with vaccine dates back in October and I finished up my vaccine course a few weeks ago. According to the latest CDC guidance, he would have to quarantine after travel related exposures, where I would not.

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Crystal requires full vaccination. Both doses.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/advisory-alerts/covid-19-vaccine-requirement

... For passengers. It's not mandatory for the crew (comprised largely of young, healthy people) until the "vaccine is widely available", and the plans do not subject the crew to any kind of extraordinary testing or quarantine requirements beyond what is required after they arrive to the ship. It will undoubtedly be circulating on their ships among the crew if they try to sail before the vaccines are available to them.

It also reads like the type of exception you could make for kids, absent the "nO eXcEptIoNs" slippery slope mania.

Edited by lizzius
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I saw Dr. Fauci on a newscast claim he was not able to be "transparent" under the previous administration.

Dr. Fauci also said that he is now able to be transparent and will always tell the American people the truth about the pandemic whether the news is good or bad. I take that claim to mean he was censored under the previous administration. I don't know how else to take it, actually.

So are you saying he lied previously and is not now. You do know he is the highest paid civil servant. Maybe he says what he needs to do to keep his job?  

M8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I meant when you got your flu shot, you'd get a booster covid shot too. Not that they'd necessarily mix the two together in the vial

I never get a flu shot (or get the flu) and I certainly hope I don't have to get an annual COVID vaccine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just another reason to take what he says with a healthy dose of skepticism.

He, along with many other very brilliants folks, was a huge contributor to the pandemic plan, which was totally ignored.  Had we followed much of that guidance early in 2020, we would be much further ahead of the curve as it stands today

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I never get a flu shot (or get the flu) and I certainly hope I don't have to get an annual COVID vaccine

Consider that the flu actually does kill and cause terrible consequences for babies and children each year... There are parallels to be made between demanding children be vaccinated to largely help older people and expecting the same of yourself to help protect the vulnerable from the flu.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

He, along with many other very brilliants folks, was a huge contributor to the pandemic plan, which was totally ignored.  Had we followed much of that guidance early in 2020, we would be much further ahead of the curve as it stands today

I have no intention if rehashing some of the statements he made at the beginnings of this mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no intention if rehashing some of the statements he made at the beginnings of this mess.

Do you as an MD think we should "double mask" for example when in the grocery store ?  If it would really protect others, i would prob do it. I have had both shots of Moderna.

30 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Do you as an MD think we should "double mask" for example when in the grocery store ?  If it would really protect others, i would prob do it. I have had both shots of Moderna.

Here is what I tell people that ask similar questions of the boss. Get out your credit card (make an appointment).  What lawyer you know that does anything for free? 😇

I am her protector....  

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight