If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So why wouldn’t it be likely he would do the same now?  I mean he is one of the highest paid government employees. 

Plus baseball season should be starting soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

I do not want to inflame this discussion, however I would like to add another consideration.

Perhaps, as you mention, he could have been more transparent. However, if you put yourself in his shoes - perhaps Dr Fauci considers resigning from NIAID in the middle of a pandemic a disservice to the US people and his staff?

Good point, this could possibly be why sometimes he wasn’t able to be as transparent as possible? That he might completely alienate his anti-science boss, who would then sideline or sack him and leave NIAID leaderless and without a significant scientist in the middle of a pandemic?

Would that be better for the virus response or not?

True leaders do not quit when the going gets tough.  I hope that’s why he didn’t quit.  However, he’s been there so long he may arrogantly and erroneously think there’s no one else to fill in behind him.  The US govt has a major problem if it comes down to one guy working at the NIAID for which a candidate doesn’t exist to fill his shoes when he leaves.  I doubt that’s the case. 

I suspect there’s a lot more going on than we will ever know about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why then did he withhold information?  To save his job?  Now he wants honor?

Fauci has no need to "save his job" as you say.  If he quit, he could make significantly more as a paid consultant to multiple networks.  There was none of this anti-Fauci nonsense until one person started to attack him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

I do not want to inflame this discussion, however I would like to add another consideration.

Perhaps, as you mention, he could have been more transparent. However, if you put yourself in his shoes - perhaps Dr Fauci considers resigning from NIAID in the middle of a pandemic a disservice to the US people and his staff?

Good point, this could possibly be why sometimes he wasn’t able to be as transparent as possible? That he might completely alienate his anti-science boss, who would then sideline or sack him and leave NIAID leaderless and without a significant scientist in the middle of a pandemic?

Would that be better for the virus response or not?

Or is it possible that his boss followed Fauci’s and the surgeon general’s advice that masks don’t work as well as other stuff? I’ve seen lots of hypocritical/flip flopping stuff by Fauci. Perhaps it’s different/limited news sources that one sees that people view him as a dud or a stud? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

Or is it possible that his boss followed Fauci’s and the surgeon general’s advice that masks don’t work as well as other stuff? I’ve seen lots of hypocritical/flip flopping stuff by Fauci. Perhaps it’s different/limited news sources that one sees that people view him as a dud or a stud? 

Most of us see this. A few do not. There is no proof or fact he could just walk away to a much higher paying job. If it was indeed a fact he could easily leave and get a higher paying job elsewhere, why didn’t he just resign and take that higher paid job?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

Perhaps it’s different/limited news sources that one sees that people view him as a dud or a stud? 

I am Australian and I definitely don't rely on only one news source for news about the US - I was able to easily discover balanced viewpoints.

• Like 2

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Most of us see this. A few do not. There is no proof or fact he could just walk away to a much higher paying job. If it was indeed a fact he could easily leave and get a higher paying job elsewhere, why didn’t he just resign and take that higher paid job?

Many scientists are able to get far higher paying jobs in the private sector. Many scientists want to do public good research, and that is mostly funded by Government.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

Perhaps it’s different/limited news sources that one sees that people view him as a dud or a stud? 

I think there’s a lot of truth in your statement.  

The other thing is his perspective is single dimensional.  There are a lot other things going on for which he has no control over, but he still speaks and some consider it as the end all be all.  If he could, I think he would require we all stay home and don’t ever come outside again.  100% guarantee no more spread, but if only it were that simple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For a lot of us, COVID-19 will not be the last virus we encounter during our lifetime.    There will be something else.  We cannot let it end control everything we do or let it cause us to become destitute.  We have to learn from it, be more healthy in our daily routine, adapt and be cautious, and move forward. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There is no proof or fact he could just walk away to a much higher paying job. If it was indeed a fact he could easily leave and get a higher paying job elsewhere, why didn’t he just resign and take that higher paid job?

No proof?  Of course not.  Let's say 99% probability that Fauci would be offered significantly more in the private sector.

You ask why he wouldn't do it.  Believe it or not, for many of us money isn't the driving force behind  our career choices.  For many of us, we value the opportunity to serve others in a positive way to be much more important than the size of our bank account.  

• Like 2

I heard a interesting doctor this morning about J&J vaccine. She said its is rated lower because it was tested more recently and tested against more recent variants of covid which the other 2 werent.

I'm still glad I got my shots.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, coffeebean said:

That certainly is one way to look at it. I can not speak for Dr. Fauci but I have to hand it to him for hanging in there with a boss who wfas anti-science.

Do you see any conflict when you say the boss, who made the vaccine development happen in record time, was anti-science? 

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So why wouldn’t it be likely he would do the same now?  I mean he is one of the highest paid government employees. 

Fauci makes$417,617 per year. That might be high pay for government employees but it’s chicken feed compared what he could make in the public sector. Biden is the seventh president he’s been advisor to so people in the know must think highly of him.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Fauci makes$417,617 per year. That might be high pay for government employees but it’s chicken feed compared what he could make in the public sector. Biden is the seventh president he’s been advisor to so people in the know must think highly of him.  

Agreed and at his age does he really even need to be working? I'm guessing he hasn't retired because he loves what he does.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wonder who will be more angry,  the people who don't want to be vaccinated or those looking for a child-free cruise. 

The wording is vague.  It does not specifically state requirements for or even if guests under 16 can sail. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I heard a interesting doctor this morning about J&J vaccine. She said its is rated lower because it was tested more recently and tested against more recent variants of covid which the other 2 werent.

I'm still glad I got my shots.

The best thing about the J&J vaccine is it prevents serious illness and hospitalizations 100%.  While you may still catch it, you wot' get very sick.  I've also heard the other vaccines work against the variants.

Edited by BND

54 minutes ago, BND said:

The best thing about the J&J vaccine is it prevents serious illness and hospitalizations 100%.  While you may still catch it, you wot' get very sick.  I've also heard the other vaccines work against the variants.

Yes I know. I was just saying the doctor said the percentages arent apple to apple, because johnson shows lower because it was tested more against variant strains. The 2nd dose results are also still not out.

• Like 1