The Daily for Thursday Jul 23, 2020

richwmn

Thank you for the daily Rich!

I love vanilla ice cream, probably my 2nd favorite after chocolate chip.  I regularly make strawberry for the family but it isn't my favorite.  While I think I'm a gorgeous Grandma my granddaughter thinks I have jiggly legs and even drew a picture of me.  I'll have to dig it out.  Yes, it's hot enough!  Although today is a rainy monsoon day, long overdue here.  I'll take Pasta Carbonara any day, love it.  But I'm thinking fish tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I should mention today is a special day for our family.  DH's Mom is 94 years old TODAY!  She is now in a nursing facility in St. Louis.  She was involved in a traffic accident 2 years ago and that was her downfall.  Unfortunately for all of us there has been no visitation allowed since March 14 so all these elders in the nursing facility must be very lonely.  However, she is going to get calls today, some flowers and a card from us, though the flowers have to come from UPS or FedEx, no florist deliveries allowed.  The reception staff assembles the bouquets in the vase that is provided with the arrangement.  They promise to send us photos of her later.

Happy Birthday to your Mother!  I totally understand the situation.  My 90 yr old mother is in a retirement home and has had no visitation since early March.  She has only recently starting eating breakfast in the dining room.  Her hearing has always been bad but since the quarantine it has gotten worse.  I attribute that to not socializing with her friends, going to bridge games, going out with family.  She reads lips but who can read lips while wearing a mask??  We went out once in June after the restaurants opened up but she has since not even wanted to do that.  She thinks that if she gets Covid she will be dispensable and too old to treat or save from the virus.

Please tell your Mother that we all on CC here on our special daily thread wish her a very special Happy Birthday!!!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's photo is from the same cruise as yesterday but earlier.  It was taken July 23, 2005, approaching Houghton, Michigan.

Love the photo Roy!  Funny thing....  we live off a major street here, Houghton, named after a family years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh Jacqui when it rains it pours!! Your pills look so familiar!! Paisley 3 weeks ago woke up during the night and the rest is history! We also have her on probiotics and she eats so well with cooked veggies and chicken. Had her at vets and they believe she was around an area where with her sniffing she stumbled on something! Anti diarrhea pills, antibiotics!

Pais will not eat cheese or even if I put the pills in meat! She sniffs them out LOL. 
So happy your babies will be fine! 
They mean so much to us!

Have a good day Jacqui!

Denise😊

Thanks Denise.

heard back from Yonnie (KK) and out of fear she wouldn’t use the link, I sent her a screen shot of every post by every single poster wishing her good wishes and prayers.

She was very touched and very appreciative and she sends her thanks to everyone for all of their kind thoughts.

I told her in my reply that she is on Roy’s Daily Care list and our thoughts and prayers for her continue and hope she is feeling much better soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Birthday to your Mother!  I totally understand the situation.  My 90 yr old mother is in a retirement home and has had no visitation since early March.  She has only recently starting eating breakfast in the dining room.  Her hearing has always been bad but since the quarantine it has gotten worse.  I attribute that to not socializing with her friends, going to bridge games, going out with family.  She reads lips but who can read lips while wearing a mask??  We went out once in June after the restaurants opened up but she has since not even wanted to do that.  She thinks that if she gets Covid she will be dispensable and too old to treat or save from the virus.

Please tell your Mother that we all on CC here on our special daily thread wish her a very special Happy Birthday!!!!

Thank you Sharon.  Let's hope our Mom/Mom-in-law come through these troubling times A-OK!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kazu said:

The dogs are back home.  

They will be fine.  They both have infections 😞 and have antibiotics galore (and a vet bill to match).  At least I was doing things right as they are NOT dehydrated and my temporary diet was completely endorsed.  Thankfully the probiotic I use is loved by my vet (She thinks it is better than theirs and wanted to know where I found it) so I didn’t need theirs.

With the heat, the vet thinks if something organic was on the ground it would grow faster and suspects that they sniffed or ate a wrong blade of grass on their walks.  Jose has been walking them due to my foot and he’s not as strict as mean kazu 😉 

Do you think they have enough pills?

7B47220E-394A-45A5-BD9F-744F0869F47E.thumb.jpeg.73d26605c49f69b540b68d4d0bab7f50.jpeg

I’m going to have a lot of fun getting 4 of them down Marley’s throat (NOT).  Marley has 4 containers and Miko 2.

Holy cow! That is a lot of meds! Other than peanut butter, I have no suggestions for you. 

What probiotic do you use, Jacqui?  Several neighbors have relatives & their pups staying with them, and Bindi is a lot more sneaky about grass nibbling these days.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, they make masks with clear windows around the mouth area. Intended to be worn by people with deaf family, friends, students, etc...  I saw them on Etsy.com.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I never thought dogs were interested in grass.  Learn something new every day.

Roy

Mine likes to eat grass to eliminate the scent of other dogs. Just disgusting!  Give me vanilla ice cream & wine any day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cat shepard said:

Mine likes to eat grass to eliminate the scent of other dogs. Just disgusting!  Give me vanilla ice cream & wine any day!

Wow.  I tried to mark that but complete deadlock between thanks and ha-ha.  Truly gross!

Roy

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks Denise.

heard back from Yonnie (KK) and out of fear she wouldn’t use the link, I sent her a screen shot of every post by every single poster wishing her good wishes and prayers.

She was very touched and very appreciative and she sends her thanks to everyone for all of their kind thoughts.

I told her in my reply that she is on Roy’s Daily Care list and our thoughts and prayers for her continue and hope she is feeling much better soon.

THANK YOU, Thank you so much Jacqui!

❤️ You!! You too are very special for finding out about KK! Thank God !! I feel better but she will always be in my heart every day!

Denise😊

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Holy cow! That is a lot of meds! Other than peanut butter, I have no suggestions for you. 

What probiotic do you use, Jacqui?  Several neighbors have relatives & their pups staying with them, and Bindi is a lot more sneaky about grass nibbling these days.

Here is the probiotic cat - it’s by MIssing Link and my vet raves about it.  Only one pet store out of 5 here carries it.  The pet store is so convinced on it that they will refund your money if you are not happy.  Apparently the producer offers this.

Here (I’m in Canada) it’s about $20+ per bag and doesn’t last long but it’s worth it IMO.

2E5A50E8-F321-43B1-BEC3-F2D7C71C5375.thumb.jpeg.e37822f34d1583ed24b729f0a2c9d6f7.jpeg

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I never thought dogs were interested in grass.  Learn something new every day.

Roy

OMG Roy, yes, they love to sniff, lick and if take a tuff or two if you let them (I don’t, I’m mean but I’m not walking them yet with the foot - it has to start Friday with Jose having his cataract surgery).  Yup, it never rains here but pours.  Now if it was real rain 😉

Part of the joy of dogs walking is seeing who else has been there and letting the others know they have been (aka lift leg).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Kazu, we used a grinder and put the ground pills in a favorite treat. Gobbled it up. 

They are both too smart for that and with their limited diet, it won’t be tempting.

Down the hatch they went 😉   A bit of a struggle and stroking but they went down.

Kazu is a mean mum (as in means business).  I’m the alpha in the house and do all the training - they know it will happen one way or the other.  

First ones down.  Just a whole pile of more days to go.  Of course, they get treats after so hopefully I’ll set the trend.  Bite the bullet and have a yummy treat.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Here is the probiotic cat - it’s by MIssing Link and my vet raves about it.  Only one pet store out of 5 here carries it.  The pet store is so convinced on it that they will refund your money if you are not happy.  Apparently the producer offers this.

Here (I’m in Canada) it’s about $20+ per bag and doesn’t last long but it’s worth it IMO.

2E5A50E8-F321-43B1-BEC3-F2D7C71C5375.thumb.jpeg.e37822f34d1583ed24b729f0a2c9d6f7.jpeg

OMG Roy, yes, they love to sniff, lick and if take a tuff or two if you let them (I don’t, I’m mean but I’m not walking them yet with the foot - it has to start Friday with Jose having his cataract surgery).  Yup, it never rains here but pours.  Now if it was real rain 😉

Part of the joy of dogs walking is seeing who else has been there and letting the others know they have been (aka lift leg).

@kazu  Thank you so much, Jacqui! Chewy.com had  a great sale going on, and by ordering a few bags I even got free shipping.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@kazu  Thank you so much, Jacqui! Chewy.com had  a great sale going on, and by ordering a few bags I even got free shipping.

Excellent.  

I swear by this stuff.  It’s easy to add to food but you might have to clean the bowls more often 😉.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's photo is from the same cruise as yesterday but earlier.  It was taken July 23, 2005, approaching Houghton, Michigan.

ytgl057.jpg.7c03b755a12d7083ce2adab478c9

Roy

Roy,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks Denise.

Thank you for your update, hope that KK is improving each day.

Really miss her on the boards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks Denise.

Thank you for keeping us updated on KK.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Sharon, they make masks with clear windows around the mouth area. Intended to be worn by people with deaf family, friends, students, etc...  I saw them on Etsy.com.

Thank you Cat!  I'll check it out.

• Like 1