Things you will Never see on a cruise again

Laszlo

Pool games are going to be wayyyy toned down too.

Games in the Atrium... packed chairs and packed standing room.  I think these events have to finally move to the Theaters with spread out seating.

I HOPE we see an end to pool chair hogging with true deck attendant handling of chairs... assigning people and keeping them apart and reclaiming them when not in use longer than a half hour.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Pool games are going to be wayyyy toned down too.

Games in the Atrium... packed chairs and packed standing room.  I think these events have to finally move to the Theaters with spread out seating.

I HOPE we see an end to pool chair hogging with true deck attendant handling of chairs... assigning people and keeping them apart and reclaiming them when not in use longer than a half hour.

I agree with this - leaving personal items unattended on chairs will have to be a no-no since chairs will need to be cleaned between passengers. 

• Like 2

Summary many things of what was / is cruising won't every happen again.

As to chair go reservations, even more easy to reserve, I'll leave my stuff there and nobody will dare touch it, LOL

• Haha 1

If cruising resumes while the need to wear masks and social distance still exists I agree that 2019 style cruising will not happen.  

That being said this pandemic will end. How or when it ends remains to be seen.  When it ends you will see the protective measures end with them.  They simply are not sustainable forever and are proving to be massively difficult to deal with in the present.

My opinion ( and keep in mind that my whole post is based off my own personal opinion) is that there will be very little difference between the cruise experience of 2019 and the cruise experience of 202? When COVID19 can be viewed through the lens of history.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Here is something I personally think is a positive~ No more crowded muster drills. I believe people will do their muster electronically (in room TV or app) and perhaps just report for check in. 

RCCL is working on it:

https://cruisefever.net/royal-caribbean-creates-new-muster-drill-to-eliminate-crowding/?fbclid=IwAR0y_brdInTFjkd_LDV1dxhWJmQV2SH0hSQUPim9dh6SFi3RrcI8UF3I5PA

2 hours ago, Barcode78 said:

[Protective measures] are not sustainable forever and are proving to be massively difficult to deal with in the present.

The protective measures are not massively difficult to deal with. The people required to actually perform the protective measures are proving to be massively difficult to deal with.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Outerdog said:

The protective measures are not massively difficult to deal with. The people required to actually perform the protective measures are proving to be massively difficult to deal with.

Always have been, always will be.  Humans, not sheep.

Edited by Love my butler

3 hours ago, Outerdog said:

I am referring to businesses closed forever, people separated from their families, total upheaval of people's lives as massively difficult.

I am not referring to masks and staying 6 feet apart.  I guess I could have explained better.