Big brother is watching again

bandgbasset

Was just on the Oceania website to check availability on a cruise we have booked on marina in April.  Not 15 minutes later I got a call from a ta who does overflow calls from them.  Geesh lol.  I haven’t been on the website in months, maybe just a coincidence.

39 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

How did they know it was you?

If you log in to check cruises then of course you will get calls/emails

The Oceania reps almost always call if you "Save" a cruise from your account..

12 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

The Oceania reps almost always call if you "Save" a cruise from your account..

I never log in  so they do not know who is looking

I have other ways I can check cabin availability 😉

1 minute ago, Ladys Mom said:

I log in almost daily to check if the cruise we are booked on is cancelled or whether we can get a better cabin and have never got a call.

probably because you are looking at a cruise you are already booked on

Try saving another cruise for later  😉

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

just ask your TA 

Another great source of info about availability is to go the website of most any major on line cruise agency and check availability for the cruise in which you are interested. You will get a deckplan showing available cabins in any particular category you want to search. Cannot give examples of these websites here, but they are not hard to figure out.

• Like 1

Just now, edgee said:

It is against cruise critic rules to name travel agencies on the boards. Been that way for quite a while.

Oh sorry I thought you said to go to the cruise ship's site.

I have never had a call from an O sales rep. I’m guessing if one did, and I told my TA, she’d be in their hair like a baney rooster!  😂 It wouldn’t be a pretty sight!  🥴. She probably won’t actually waste much time on the lowly phone rep, it would be their boss trying to hide under the desk she’d be coming after!

They know who your TA is, and have more respect for some than others! 

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

All cruise lines know when you look.  Cookies!  If you ever used your device to log in, they know who you are.  When agents have time, they troll for bookings. Even when you don’t log on or look at a website, you may get phone calls or emails. Just another way to sell. If you are not interested, delete the emails or say no thank you.  Not a big problem.

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

All cruise lines know when you look.  Cookies!

How do they get your phone number   don't think the cookies on my laptop have  my phone number?

I have not checked any cruises lately  but  when they did  call I told them I have  a TA that I was perfectly happy with .

They looked at my file & said "oh yes i see you have a TA  sorry for  the call "

i was about to tell them to check next time before they call people  but they hung up

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

How do they get your phone number   don't think the cookies on my laptop have  my phone number?

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you have ever booked on a cruise line, they have your phone number, email, etc.  if you haven’t booked, they can tell where you are. Those cookies can pick up on lots of info on your device. It’s easy to get phone numbers. There are lots of good sources. If I get a phone call from unwanted party don’t answer it.