Cruising out of Mobile on the Sensation

My BFF and I were scheduled to sail on the Fantasy out of Mobile on October 3.  I know the Fantasy has been sold and is being replaced by the Sensation.  I got an email from Carnival letting me know not to call, they will be transferring our reservation over.  They haven't updated anything.  My email stated that the transfer should be completed by July 23.  Today is the 27th and still no news.  Right now, when I look on Carnival, Mobile is completely blacked out. 

My question is this - those of you who were to cruise on the Sensation out of Florida, have you been transferred to a new ship or are they working on your reservations?

Just curious.

Thanks!!

Well, I wasn't originally scheduled on the Sensation, I was moved to it from the Fantasy. As of right now, I can't access my booking. I have a final payment due 8/17 but the email I was sent said they would have everything transferred by 8/23. I'm honestly hoping it gets cancelled by then but who knows.

2 hours ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Well, I wasn't originally scheduled on the Sensation, I was moved to it from the Fantasy. As of right now, I can't access my booking. I have a final payment due 8/17 but the email I was sent said they would have everything transferred by 8/23. I'm honestly hoping it gets cancelled by then but who knows.

Nothing has transferred.  Our is paid in full and we should be the first ones going out on the Sensation once it moves to Mobile.... IF we are cruising by then (which I doubt).

25 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Right, I doubt there will be any cruises this year. Hopefully by the spring we can sail.

Hopefully with a vaccine,  so things can return to what we love about cruising. 

15 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I hope there is a vaccine but from what I see on social media most people will not take it.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Edited by joeyancho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really wouldn't count on any vaccine being the end all to the Carona issues.     When if finally is approved (most optimistic estimates are late 2020 early 2021), there is the logistical nightmare of distribution.   Health care workers and first responders will be first, followed by high risk groups.    The distribution could take up to a year or more.   Then there is the matter of cost.    Will it be free to everyone, covered by insurance?   Who knows.   I recently got the Shingles vaccine.    Price was $750.      I really don't think the cruise industry can survive by waiting till everyone has the vaccine.  

Thanks for all the responses.  Although I dont think I asked about vaccines, lol.  

I checked again this morning and nothing has changed.  Mobile is still blacked out which means they are still working on it.  I doubt we will be cruising in October, I know but one can hold onto a small sliver of hope, cant she?  🙂

22 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

My BFF and I were scheduled to sail on the Fantasy out of Mobile on October 3.  I know the Fantasy has been sold and is being replaced by the Sensation.  I got an email from Carnival letting me know not to call, they will be transferring our reservation over.  They haven't updated anything.  My email stated that the transfer should be completed by July 23.  Today is the 27th and still no news.  Right now, when I look on Carnival, Mobile is completely blacked out. 

My question is this - those of you who were to cruise on the Sensation out of Florida, have you been transferred to a new ship or are they working on your reservations?

Just curious.

Thanks!!

The original email said this transfer would be completed by August 23 not  July 23 .

18 minutes ago, garyw2165 said:

The original email said this transfer would be completed by August 23 not  July 23 .

Thank you!!  Thanks for pointing that out.  I completely missed the word August!  Explains everything!

(I would blame it on needing new glasses, but I just got new glasses... lol)

Yes, we are supposed to know by 8/23 what our cabin will be-we are on a B2B since we combined a Covid missed cruise with an existing one,  However, I saw an article today based on Wednesday's meeting with the 8-K  that Carnival will not be cruising to Mexico until at least 12/15.  They put that in the news, but we hear nothing from Carnival.  They have our money, We are not happy with the length of time they .take to get the news out to the patrons.  This time instead of creating a new cruise, I will try to move the money to existing cruises for next fall. 

They could of course change the law, and just let us float around for 10 days and not stop anywhere.  NOT!

45 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If by "They" you mean Carnival, no, they can't.

I don't see Congress being willing to do that either. The other part of the equation is that would you really want to be on for as long as eight days with no port stops? For some of you that may be nothing, but some may not want to sail on a extended cruise to nowhere.