What will make you happy

indiana123

When cruising finally returns, and when it is near to 'normal', which may be some time, but will come, I hope.....what will make you happy after embarkation.  What will make you sigh with relief and make you feel "I've made it at last!!!!"

For me it will be:

Hearing the words  'for exercise, for exercise'   and   hearing the 7 beeps for  muster  🤣😂       (something I have never been keen on..till now!!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, indiana123 said:

When cruising finally returns, and when it is near to 'normal', which may be some time, but will come, I hope.....what will make you happy after embarkation.  What will make you sigh with relief and make you feel "I've made it at last!!!!"

For me it will be:

Hearing the words  'for exercise, for exercise'   and   hearing the 7 beeps for  muster  🤣😂       (something I have never been keen on..till now!!)

I wouldn’t have said this if you asked me first but hearing you say it, I couldn’t agree more. 

all of those small moments that we forget about that make a cruise a cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Hearing Arcadia's  horn as she begins her sail down the solent towards the Fjords. A completely new itinerary for us.

Avril 

That would be nice. I was supposed to be joining the Arcadia today to go to the Fjords. 😞

In no particular order ...

• Looking out of the window in Ocean Terminal and seeing Queen Mary 2.
  • Being reunited with Arcadia at some point.
  • All the cruise ships returning to Scotland so I can can get back to going on board and on shore welcoming them to my beautiful city.
  • All crew to return to their ships healthy, happy and looked after.
  • A vaccine.

31 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

That would be nice. I was supposed to be joining the Arcadia today to go to the Fjords. 😞

Sorry, didn’t mean to upset anyone. I was dreaming of next year. We transferred our November cruise yesterday to Arcadia's fjords cruise in June. 

Avril 

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to upset anyone. I was dreaming of next year. We transferred our November cruise yesterday to Arcadia's fjords cruise in June. 

Avril 

I hope you get to go, Avril - my favourite cruise of all. We did it a couple of times, along with another that did the fjords then went almost up to the Arctic Circle. Lovely though it was, my preference would be a 14 night cruise just in the fjords, which no one seems to offer.

• Like 1

Don't worry Avril, you didn't upset me that much! 😛

I think as it was cancelled so long ago, I've got over the initial disappointment.

Right, on to more cheery things.. another thing to the list:

How about finding that little card in the cabin that tells you what restaurant and table you're dining at. I have a little habit of keeping it and using it as a bookmark for the cruise.

12 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Don't worry Avril, you didn't upset me that much! 😛

I think as it was cancelled so long ago, I've got over the initial disappointment.

Right, on to more cheery things.. another thing to the list:

How about finding that little card in the cabin that tells you what restaurant and table you're dining at. I have a little habit of keeping it and using it as a bookmark for the cruise.

Boarding and dodging the photographer as everyone looks like poo when boarding, then tracking him down when we have our glad rags on... 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

I hope you get to go, Avril - my favourite cruise of all. We did it a couple of times, along with another that did the fjords then went almost up to the Arctic Circle. Lovely though it was, my preference would be a 14 night cruise just in the fjords, which no one seems to offer.

My thinking was that by the end of June next year things hopefully might be sorted somewhat. This will be our first time to Norway and goes as far north as Tromso and the Lofoten islands. We're really looking forward to it. 

Avril 

• Like 1