NCL cancelled thru October who's next?

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

June and September 2021 seem to be realistic so far, especially out of Europe 🙂

The CDC will extend the no sail order as long as the situation in North America is not under control. Even if for some reason they wouldn't non of the major cruise lines will dare to start operations before the COIVD situation is under control in the US, hence if things go well not before some point in Q1 2021 earliest.

The virus is not going to just vanish. As you can see, as soon as you open up, cases will increase. Cruise ships don’t have the medical staff and facilities onboard to deal with bad cases. Many ports will not allow passengers to disembark. 

M8

• Like 1

Given the number of cases in the states (especially Florida), I doubt there will be any cruises out of US.  Starting worry weather some the cruises lines will survive into 2021.  I hope people start wearing masks and maintaining distances so this can be brought under control.  Hopefully a vaccine will be available this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t see any reason for the cancellations to stop. We have cruises booked for June 2021 and sept 2021 and I’m trying to stay optimistic about those but I don’t see what will change in that time frame 😏

I feel the same about our July 2021 cruise... it's in Europe, British Isles, but who knows...even if ships are sailing in Europe, will they let us Americans in???

Just tired of all the cancellations.  If our B2B in October is cancelled, it will be 9 so far.  I just want to cruise! Just put me on a cruise ship tomorrow and I would be happy!!!

At least we can go places now though since our cruises are being canceled.  Leaving 8/9 to Cancun for a week and have 11 nights in Punta Cana for later Sept.  If our B2B for October gets canceled, will go back to Cancun for 11 nights.  

Would much rather cruise, but at least we can still go somewhere.

The CDC order expires Sept 30 but their window for public comment closes Sept 21 so there's no chance things will open up Oct 1.

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=CDC-2020-0087-0001

See Cruise Critic article under Cruise News 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5483/?et_cid=3348125&et_rid=24300273&et_referrer=NULL

Edited by pspercy

On 7/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, sandebeach said:

Rumor posted on an MSC FB group that tomorrow the CDC is announcing a No Sail through October 31. Just a rumor, but I would not be surprised if the CDC keeps extending the No Sail order 4-6 weeks at a time. 

Waiting and hoping😇

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Waiting and hoping😇

Have not heard anything today! But I have been busy checking out the weather and trying to see where cruise ships will move to in order to avoid the tropical storm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Have not heard anything today! But I have been busy checking out the weather and trying to see where cruise ships will move to in order to avoid the tropical storm. 

FB_IMG_1567213498758.jpg.286c1c03d37af08d2d6a376edbf463b2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you can yourself to Hamburg, Mein Schiff 2 is sailing and cabins are available.

Not so much -  I want to cruise on Royal and just want it to open up out of Florida and San Juan so we can go on the cruises we have booked

On 7/29/2020 at 6:54 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Of course Royal

Wish I had a crystal ball to know when cruising, or every day life for that matter, will go back to some sort of normalcy. I get more pessimistic every day. 

M

Same girl. Same.         😞