Carnival Cruises - perks for Suites?

mamasann

We've sailed Royal and the perks we get for being in a suite are great.  I've been trying to find what perks we would get on a Carnival Cruise, since they're so handy to us.  We could sail out of Mobile, New Orleans or Jacksonville and be on the road no longer than 5 hours max so it makes it appealing.  But I must be looking in the wrong places to try to find the types of suites, and the perks that accompany each level of suite.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The standard reply is the perk is a bath tub. Anyone, even a newbie can ask for bathrobes and most of us get them already. I think gold and up. Cheaper than suites on rcl because of the lack of perks. So some might say the price is a perk.

If you want a larger room with a bigger bathroom nice cabin. But to me no perks as I only shower, I dont take baths. They are nice. I've been in them. Nice big cabin. 

The answer is very little, but so is the comparative price. 
You get priority boarding & can use the priority guest services line. 
However, the cabins are much more room, including a dressing room and we consider the VISTA suites on the Spirit class the best bargain on the seas, because of the cabin & balcony.  All but the 5th deck are true 2 room suites. The lower the deck the bigger the huge curved corner balcony will be, because of the slant of the glass & railings. The cabin has lots of windows too. 

Someone else will know which ships, I don’t recall, but the few Captains Suites they have are pretty darn nice. 
The newer Havana Suites & Family Harbor Suites look nice as well. 

It's a source of extra revenue carnival could easily enhance.

If you are already a higher tier loyalty wise the suite perks are nothing you don't already get. Surely they could devise some unique perks that would make a suite more worth it to book on carnival. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's a source of extra revenue carnival could easily enhance.

If you are already a higher tier loyalty wise the suite perks are nothing you don't already get. Surely they could devise some unique perks that would make a suite more worth it to book on carnival. 

That's not Carnival's goal. Carnival serves two main purposes. One, as provider of moderately priced cruises for that cruise customer. Two, as a "gateway" cruise line that initiates first time cruisers to the cruising experience with full knowledge that cruisers will move on to more expensive lines. That's why Carnival Corp also owns Holland, Princess, Cunard, Costa, etc.

As such, the Carnival line needs very few suite perks. 

31 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

That's not Carnival's goal. Carnival serves two main purposes. One, as provider of moderately priced cruises for that cruise customer. Two, as a "gateway" cruise line that initiates first time cruisers to the cruising experience with full knowledge that cruisers will move on to more expensive lines. That's why Carnival Corp also owns Holland, Princess, Cunard, Costa, etc.

As such, the Carnival line needs very few suite perks. 

Carnival needs cash flow right now. Having a few extra perks has been the subject of many debates here on cc. Then there are people like me who only want to go out of Galveston which leaves me with ccl or rcl. I have flown to other ports, but right now just trying to cruise and get to next loyalty level and go out of Galveston. 

I've read rcl reason for the 3rd pier at the port was to compete more with ccl. Rcl said it. But it's been postponed for at least a year now because of covid but that is why they were bringing allure to Galveston.

True you make suites cheap enough people will book them, but a couple perks to make it more attractive to book them makes $$$$ sense to me. As a money person. Especially in cash crunch times. But as I said there have been many threads with people on both sides of this issue.

13 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

The odds on this cabin/suite being available to book are astronomical.

It was available on a cruise we booked BUT for 5 nights for 2 it was over 4k not including trip insurance or drink package... I can get a "haven" cabin on NCL for less with lots of perks including the private pool/hot tubs and bar/restaurant.

Now the cabin itself is wonderful and a huge shaded balcony is a big bonus! But at over 5k with drinks and internet it's a big investment.   

On 7/31/2020 at 10:30 PM, silvercrikhix said:

The answer is very little, but so is the comparative price. 
You get priority boarding & can use the priority guest services line. 

Just to clarify, on Carnival you DO NOT get priority access at guest services. You have to stand in the long line with everyone else unless you're diamond, platinum or have FTTF. That's one of the reasons we get FTTF with our suites, is to have that priority line at guest services, along with being able to go to our suite as soon as we embark. 

4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Carnival's "goal" is to make a profit. Many Carnival loyalists would prefer to not change lines for the purpose of experiencing the "suite life," which currently isn't available on Carnival. Compare the cost of the Carnival suites with those of other lines and tell me Carnival wouldn't prefer to exact those prices from their loyal cruisers.

At one time I was exactly that person. I started cruising aboard the Holiday....then Triumph...and several more Carnival cruises after. I was more than a little apprehensive to try another cruise line...I really didn't want to change. Once I tried the NCL Star out of NO in an aft-facing suite I was hooked. Included bottle of "champagne," double points, breakfast and lunch place to dine, reserved seating at shows, concierge in place of guest services, dining room menu delivered to your cabin during dining room hours, included room service...etc...etc for little more than a GS aboard the Conquest at the time. Carnival could have easily had me forever and a bunch of cruises that mostly went to Royal Caribbean and HAL. ALSO I can cruise on an Oasis-class ship for the cruise fare of a GS or Havana suite aboard a Vista-class ship.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1