Picture-A-Week 2020 - Week 32

Pictures taken between Monday, August 3 and Sunday, August 9.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

(Pierces hasn't posted since Sunday.)

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:31 PM, Docker123 said:

Discharged yesterday morning after 3 weeks in hospital and rehab. Major cervical spine surgery does not fit well with photography, but lots of drugs helped. 

Wecome back Docker123. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to the photos you post! 

13.jpg.da8b45325cf6c2e7f2d18c73e8aabe6c.jpg

19 hours ago, Oviedo32765 said:

Wecome back Docker123. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to the photos you post! 

13.jpg.da8b45325cf6c2e7f2d18c73e8aabe6c.jpg

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the cameras will be put away for a couple of months or more while everything recovers. Just take odd snaps with the old iPhone, and read reviews of new cameras.

• Like 1

Like most people, I spent my spare time this last week cutting and forming molding for our latest home improvement project. What? You don't make your own molding? Hmm.... I may have to take a moment to reevaluate my perception of what leisure time activities are considered normal. Since the world started trying to end earlier this year, we have been catching up on projects that have been postponed or defunded by one cruise or another for a number of years. The big one so far is making our patio/gazebo more usable outside of the two or three months where our weather is neither too hot nor too cold to support hosting large family gatherings outside where there’s room. Now all we need is to be able to host said gatherings without a SWAT team showing up.

Run of the Mill

p3952425973-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 1

The weekend of August 8 I was able to get back to my one remaining city/county nature park, which had reopened after the hurricane closure the weekend before.  It's still not as good a selection as my two excellent local wetlands parks which remain closed for Covid, but it does have a better bird selection and easier to find birds than the state park!

Wood ducks cruising:

original.jpg

A selection of birds along the shore - the great egret in center frame, a tricolored heron in the far background, a grooming ibis in the near background, and the head of a black-bellied whistling duck moving through the foreground:

original.jpg

A blue darter dragonfly:

original.jpg

A moss covered turtle drying off on a mud bank:

original.jpg

This one was taken in my backyard, when I got home and jumped in the pool to cool off - I shot this one while in the pool, of a juvenile mockingbird in my hibiscus:

original.jpg

A mourning dove hanging out in the same hibiscus:

original.jpg

• Like 5

This Australian brush-turkey is making a profound nuisance of himself. He is scratching incessantly, trying to build a big nesting mound. Any mulch, loose top-soil etc. is re-located across paths and surrounding areas.

RX027396.thumb.JPG.2435931433f4b560ab7696843e8dec36.JPG

• Like 2