Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

On 7/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, MindyJohn said:

Just got a cancellation email from Royal for my April 26, 2022 booking on Quantum from Honolulu to Vancouver.

"Our original plan for Quantum of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Brisbane, Australia beginning October 30, 2022. However, we’ve decided that Quantum of the Seas will remain in Singapore instead. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled."

The email from Royal implies that Fall 2022 cruises from Brisbane won’t be offered. We are booked on a couple of Quantum sailings from Brisbane in April 2023 (including the TP). Will those be affected?

17 minutes ago, eel said:

The email from Royal implies that Fall 2022 cruises from Brisbane won’t be offered. We are booked on a couple of Quantum sailings from Brisbane in April 2023 (including the TP). Will those be affected?

Too early to know, but I've heard June 2022 as the current estimate for when travel to/from Australia will be permitted.  If that materializes, ships could arrive there for itineraries in fall/winter 2022-23.  

Too late to edit my first comment, but you're right the email does say Oct30, 2022, so I can see why you'd be concerned for your 2023 sailings.  Personally I'm assuming the email date was a typo and should have been Oct30, 2021.  Everyone I know who received it had sailings from fall 2021 to spring 2022.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Oh poop!!!!

We are scheduled on the Celebrity Eclipse from Honolulu to Vancouver (5/4/22) for 11 nights and then doing a S2S with the Serenade (5/15) for a 7 night Alaska............but who knows now what the heck is going to happen????? A game or 2 of TRASH just might break out on those sea days - think about it!!!!!!

Hawaii should be open.  It depends on where they reposition Eclipse since it probably won't be doing any AUS/NZ cruises or the TP with or without passengers.  I just cancelled my flight to Australia and booked my flight to Hawaii.  If Eclipse doesn't sail, we'll just do an extended Hawaii vacation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, R & T said:

Any guess when Hawaii 2023 will be available ?

I booked my Celebrity Transpacific (Eclipse) for May 9, 2023 ... Hawaii-Vancouver on April 26th.

An amazing itinerary that some categories have already sold out.

Edited by Ashland

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

You must be booked on the cruise before mine for May 2023 with X.... right ?

No, ......it's Radiance 17 night TP in April.  Can't book further than Honolulu...and was considering staying on to Vancouver...but I think we might "jump ship" to spend a few weeks in Hawaii when we get there. 

Already had to cancel our original plans to spend our 25th in Hawaii (Maui and big Island) this last year.   This might be the best way to make that up.  🙂 

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

No, ......it's Radiance 17 night TP in April.  Can't book further than Honolulu...and was considering staying on to Vancouver...but I think we might "jump ship" to spend a few weeks in Hawaii when we get there. 

Already had to cancel our original plans to spend our 25th in Hawaii (Maui and big Island) this last year.   This might be the best way to make that up.  🙂 

Very nice....I'm waiting for the Alaska schedule to open to see if I might add on Alaska with RCI or if allowed to stay on X...not sure about that.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:55 PM, Ashland said:

Very nice....I'm waiting for the Alaska schedule to open to see if I might add on Alaska with RCI or if allowed to stay on X...not sure about that.

We thought about staying on to Vancouver, and then up to Alaska again, but have already done Alaska on our own last year.  Plus, same thing, not sure about the route we could do.  

Since we lost out on Hawaii last year, this will give us make up time to stay in the islands for a longer extend.  Much nicer than flying to get there.  😉 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Ask and you shall receive 😉 

22 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Ask and you shall receive 😉 

Thank you...............I can always count on you. We need to cruise together and do some TRASH talking.

Mean Mary and I head up to Port Canaveral today to sail on the Allure (B2B) - time to celebrate MM's birthday. Hoping that we will be hurricane free!!!!

Stay safe..............hope to see you soon.

51 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you...............I can always count on you. We need to cruise together and do some TRASH talking.

Mean Mary and I head up to Port Canaveral today to sail on the Allure (B2B) - time to celebrate MM's birthday. Hoping that we will be hurricane free!!!!

Stay safe..............hope to see you soon.

Bon Voyage and Happy Birthday to Marvelous Mary!!!  I'm on Allure b2b in November and look forward to hearing any info you pass along 🙂  I hope we can  trash again soon!!! 

Edited by MindyJohn

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Bon Voyage and Happy Birthday to Marvelous Mary!!!  I'm on Allure b2b in November and look forward to hearing any info you pass along 🙂  I hope we can  trash again soon!!! 

Happy to share our experiences on the B2B. Check out the thread for 8/15 and I'll post "stuff" there.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Quantum, Alaska - May 2022 - Is this the right deployment thread?

If so, minor update.

She was supposed to reposition Vancouver to Seattle for her first 2022 Alaska cruise.  They are now starting her from Seattle.  The May 9th sailing has been modified to change departure city.  This suggests she will come from where ever straight to Seattle which means it won't be coming from Honolulu with guests.

------------------------

Dear Guest,

Due to a change in itinerary planning, Quantum of the Seas will begin its Alaskan season with roundtrip sailings from Seattle, Washington earlier than planned. As a result, our May 9th, 2022 sailing will now depart from Seattle, Washington, instead of Vancouver, Canada. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we're terribly sorry for the impact to your cruise. To make the transition easier, starting November 10th, 2021, we'll automatically update your reservation to reflect our revised itinerary below.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Mon

Seattle, Washington

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Ketchikan (Ward Cove), Alaska

8:00 AM