Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

15 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Someone just posted on the website-that-shall-not-be-named that all Radiance cruises to Australia have been cancelled. No other details. Just that "Bayley did it AGAIN."

There goes my 13 nights in the huge Deck 9 aft balcony next January 😭😭😭

17 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Someone just posted on the website-that-shall-not-be-named that all Radiance cruises to Australia have been cancelled. No other details. Just that "Bayley did it AGAIN."

Just got my cancellation emails. 5 B2B for my big birthday, down the toilet. 

15 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Does anyone know when the new Radiance cruises from Galveston and NOLA will be available to book?   I’m specifically interested in the westbound Panama Canal April 2023.  
Deployment flyer: 

RD_Deployment_Flyer_Caribbean_New2023

Last i checked at least Galveston and PC Cruises are out and available

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

Yes, I just booked Galveston to LA PC next April.  Thrilled to get an aft balcony. 

On what ship? I feel very, very sorry for the folks that have had their Australia cruises cancelled. 

Since we have family in NOLA, I would be interested in booking out of there again on Radiance. We thought we would have additional opportunities when Majesty was there. 

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

On what ship? I feel very, very sorry for the folks that have had their Australia cruises cancelled. 

Since we have family in NOLA, I would be interested in booking out of there again on Radiance. We thought we would have additional opportunities when Majesty was there. 

Radiance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

on Radiance.    There’s a PC from LA to New Orleans open for booking,  

Then in April 2023 the PC repo back is Galveston to LA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Kool, Congrats! Scored Aft/Corner on Radiance Fall2023 and Serenade Fall2022. Will be my First and Second PC!

Congrats, that is one of my favorite cruises to date.  Amazing engineering as it's finest. Be sure to move around the ship when entering and leaving locks.

We went west to east back when we did the Panama Canal. We also were on Radiance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

on Radiance.    There’s a PC from LA to New Orleans open for booking,  

Then in April 2023 the PC repo back is Galveston to LA.

what month/year for the  LA to New Orleans?

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Congrats, that is one of my favorite cruises to date.  Amazing engineering as it's finest. Be sure to move around the ship when entering and leaving locks.

We went west to east back when we did the Panama Canal. We also were on Radiance.

This will be my first time on Radiance, and first Panama Canal. 

I have #8168 - it’s on the end, but not sure from deck plan if the balcony is wider, being on the end.

Thanks for the tip to move around.  I’ll definitely do that to get the full experience of the canal.

Edited by ocean sounds
Can’t type

1 minute ago, ocean sounds said:

This will be my first time on Radiance, and frost Panama Canal. 

I have #8168 - it’s on the end, but not sure from deck plan if the balcony is wider, being on the end.

We have been on Radiance many times, my favorite class of ships. Not to small , not to large. We a have sailed before in 9256. It's one of the coveted aft cabins.....if you can move up a deck that would be great but it probably booked right away, but 8168 should be fine too, you should be able to look a little to side too.............8168 balcony is a little smaller then 9256 but should be fine too.

When going through the locks bee on the bow of the ship....then as you are going through move around to the sides, when leaving the lock run back to your cabin and check out the crazy difference of the height of the level of the water you are leaving behind you.

When going West to East, the level of the water is higher that you leave, almost feel like you are going down hill in the water..........not sure how that effect will be going east to west though......You probably won't see the water higher then you but most likely your ship will feel like it's climbing a mountain cause the ship will be higher in the water then the water you just left.

Hope that makes sense.......... lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

We have been on Radiance many times, my favorite class of ships. Not to small , not to large. We a have sailed before in 9256. It's one of the coveted aft cabins.....if you can move up a deck that would be great but it probably booked right away, but 8168 should be fine too, you should be able to look a little to side too.............8168 balcony is a little smaller then 9256 but should be fine too.

When going through the locks bee on the bow of the ship....then as you are going through move around to the sides, when leaving the lock run back to your cabin and check out the crazy difference of the height of the level of the water you are leaving behind you.

When going West to East, the level of the water is higher that you leave, almost feel like you are going down hill in the water..........not sure how that effect will be going east to west though......You probably won't see the water higher then you but most likely your ship will feel like it's climbing a mountain cause the ship will be higher in the water then the water you just left.

Hope that makes sense.......... lol

Thanks!  That’s great info. This will be fun watching from front and aft.

.  And yes, the 9256 was already taken. 

• Like 1

Yesterday booked last balcony on Radiance for Oct 7, 2023 Panama Canal LA to Tampa.  Seems like it was only opened for booking March 9 but sold like wildfire.

Also watching for price on April 2023 Ruby Princess PC westbound from Galveston , should be available April 7 2022 if not before.

22 minutes ago, pspercy said:

Yesterday booked last balcony on Radiance for Oct 7, 2023 Panama Canal LA to Tampa.  Seems like it was only opened for booking March 9 but sold like wildfire.

Also watching for price on April 2023 Ruby Princess PC westbound from Galveston , should be available April 7 2022 if not before.

The October 7, 2023 Radiance Panama Canal cruise is San Diego to Tampa, not LA to Tampa!

55 minutes ago, pspercy said:

….

dueling PC westbound cruise lines from Galveston in April 2023.    We hope for it, and end up with two!

I too was interested in the Ruby  westbound, but then Royal surprised us with the Radiance also sailing the westbound PC.    Royal opened for booking first, so I didn’t hesitate. 

I like that the Radiance itinerary has a whole day in Colon for tours.  Then transit the canal the next day.  

Edited by ocean sounds
Added

1 hour ago, pspercy said:

Radiance opened for Booking online the 8th, got mine first few minutes. And yes for the price plus 16nites not surprised Sold out. 

On 3/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, cruise wizard said:

We are home until 4/3 when we start our B2B on Harmony.............then home for 3 days and then fly out to Vancouver for a B2B on the Eclipse (Hawaii) and then S2S on the Serenade on 5/15 for 7 night Alaska.

Nice!!   🙂  Two of my favorite locations!  

Right now we are totally bummed...got the official notice that (once again) our Australia adventure from early March to May on Radiance was cancelled.   Last year...it was Australia Covid related...this time....totally RCI's fault.  

Email suggested moving over to Ovation.  Yeah right.  Can't match up any cabins for the legs, and nothing but connecting balconies in not so great locations.  Nothing from JS and up for the TP.  

Taking the refund.  

Sooo...we are still going to Hawaii, but will now be round trip airfare, and extended the land based VRBO tour.  Just booked another B2B on Wonder, and am booking Jewel again to take up the now empty March to April slot for 2023.  Sigh.....

I can't find the email you sent me.  What did you say you are doing for your big birthday celebration?