Harmony TA

GJM

We are thinking of booking Harmony in April, going to Spain - I think it is about 9 days at sea before it makes a stop.  We have always done Caribbean stops.  How is it being at sea all of those days.  Not sure if I would be able to do handle that many days.  

Is there entertainment every night?

Would love to hear opinions on TA cruises.

There are lots of threads on this very topic, and you will see that previous transatlantic cruisers love them.  There is plenty to do on the Harmony; a seven night cruise isn't nearly enough time to enjoy everything.  You will be glad that you have the extra time to explore and experience.  

Of course there is entertainment every night.  Shows repeat, but that is so that everyone gets a chance to see them.  

If the price is reasonable, I suggest getting the Unlimited Dining Package. On a TA, you can truly enjoy it.

How have you been doing in quarantine?  Surely 9 sea days is nothing compared to that, and you'll have a much better place to be than your home.  😄 

• Like 3

We took our first  TA 2 years ago.   We loved it.  We were  not   on Harmony, (or an Oasis class ship) , so we did not have the advantage of so much varied entertainment.   There was however something different every night.  If I recall, we had 2 or 3 what one would consider headliners, some on-stage  music, singing,  etc.  Maybe a movie or two. 

During the  day we were busier than we anticipated.  Going from the  US to Europe, you will lose an hour each for  5, 6  or so days so that you arrive at the first stop you will be  the same as local time.  For us, that meant already waking up an hour later than usual.    We seemed to find plenty to do  during the day.  We went the gym or walked , read, I found a group to play  ( American) Mah Jongg and were also learned a form or Asian Mah Jongg by another groups of ladies.  There were bridge lessons,  language   class,  and a cultural  speaker.  There were also speakers to tell you  the history of ports of call, or other interesting information.  There was the usual trivia and other Compass activities.

Can't wait to do another TA, but will go east to west this time.   

Enjoy

M

• Like 1

3 TA'S on Oasis Class and love them all. Plenty to do and a show every other night. We are on the Harmony TA next Nov. and it has 11 sea days in a row.  Harmony is having a major dry dock after the April TA.  As MM stated the UDP is a good value, we purchased it at $279pp which works out to $11 per meal.  14 dinners and 12 lunches.  A April cruise would have sun only on the starboard side if you are considering a balcony, Portside would be mighty cold. happy cruising

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Is there any info about what was planned to take place at this dry dock? Of course it could be maintenance only at this stage. 

At 5 years it will be mostly mechanical.  A few changes could be replacing Jamies Italian with Giovanni’s kitchen table, Sabor giving way to Playmakers, adding Portside BBQ and changing mini bites to El Loco Fresh.  I think moving the DL and adding more cabins will be off the table. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At 5 years it will be mostly mechanical.  A few changes could be replacing Jamies Italian with Giovanni’s kitchen table, Sabor giving way to Playmakers, adding Portside BBQ and changing mini bites to El Loco Fresh.  I think moving the DL and adding more cabins will be off the table. 

Harmony DL down on 4😉

Love BBQ, but that sounds to extensive

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for the info - it is actually a great price.  Will definitely have a balcony so thank you for the info about the sun.

I am in SC so we never really had to quarantine at home.

My husband thinks this is a great way to get me to Europe he since I hate to fly, but will have to fly home.  Just don't know if I can handle all the sea days! 

The sea days will go by fast.  Harmony offers a lot in the way of entertainment.  CC has its events as well if you sign up for the roll call to be included. Never a dull moment! I sailed her on the maiden transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  We were met by the Oasis and Allure for a photo op near Cape Canaveral.  The three Oasis class ships lined up together.  It was a wonderful sight much enjoyed by the passengers and crew in all three ships. You will enjoy Harmony -- she's got lots to offer!

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.03.04 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJM said:

Thank you everyone for the info - it is actually a great price.  Will definitely have a balcony so thank you for the info about the sun.

My husband thinks this is a great way to get me to Europe he since I hate to fly, but will have to fly home.  Just don't know if I can handle all the sea days! 

Be sure to check out Royals Air2Sea program. Oneway economy runs as low as $250 pp

20 hours ago, GJM said:

We are on the Harmony TA that begins in Barcelona on 10/31/21 and can't wait...it has a total of 12 sea days, 11 of them in a row.  First TA on Royal for us but we've done a half dozen on Celebrity.  We can't wait to be able to explore the ship at our leisure and are sure there will be plenty to do!!

Hope your cruise in April is a go...we have a TA on Reflection booked for April 19th....and figure we have a 50-50 chance right now that it will happen.

I just booked this and got a great single rate for a balcony room on deck 8 for $1,470.00.  I have done a TA before and the days at sea are great!  No rushing to try to fit everything in along with plenty of time to just read a book on your balcony. I met up with other cruisers beforehand and we always found fun things to do.  The Harmony has so much to offer I can't imagine getting bored.  🙂

On 8/17/2020 at 1:24 PM, Gracie115 said:

We are on the Harmony TA that begins in Barcelona on 10/31/21 and can't wait...it has a total of 12 sea days, 11 of them in a row.  First TA on Royal for us but we've done a half dozen on Celebrity.  We can't wait to be able to explore the ship at our leisure and are sure there will be plenty to do!!

Hope your cruise in April is a go...we have a TA on Reflection booked for April 19th....and figure we have a 50-50 chance right now that it will happen.

We are also on the Oct 31 2021 TA. this will be our second as we loved the first soooooo much.  Will probably book one for the spring of 2022 also......  Since we went NO WHERE this year we splurged and got a JS.  We are also doing the 7 day before the TA.  Will be very fun!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, siren said:

We are also on the Oct 31 2021 TA. this will be our second as we loved the first soooooo much.  Will probably book one for the spring of 2022 also......  Since we went NO WHERE this year we splurged and got a JS.  We are also doing the 7 day before the TA.  Will be very fun!!!!!!

That's great, hope we meet up sometime during one or the other as we are on the Med cruise before it also!!  Have you joined the roll calls for either one?  The TA one is already pretty busy.  Here's a link to it: 

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

That's great, hope we meet up sometime during one or the other as we are on the Med cruise before it also!!  Have you joined the roll calls for either one?  The TA one is already pretty busy.  Here's a link to it: 

Great picture, although it is the Symphony TA and I took  the pic. Happy cruising

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Great picture, although it is the Symphony TA and I took  the pic. Happy cruising

It is a great picture and NO IDEA why it attaches to the thread address...although appropriate since the TA starts on Halloween!!!

We're doing our first TA in October 2021 on Odyssey departing from Rome.  For those that have done TA's in the past during this time of the year, what is the weather like?  My concern is packing the correct clothes, is it shorts and bathing suits during the day?  Any suggestions. 

Thanks

11 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

We're doing our first TA in October 2021 on Odyssey departing from Rome.  For those that have done TA's in the past during this time of the year, what is the weather like?  My concern is packing the correct clothes, is it shorts and bathing suits during the day?  Any suggestions. 

Thanks

From our personal past experience.  A little chilly and rainy first few days. Warms up as soon as you leave the Med. We are also used to SOCAL weather and find it to be shorts and t shirts from the Canary Islands back to FLL.  We found the pool and flowrider packed as usual after the first few days.  Knock on wood when I say we have always had smooth seas for the whole trip.  Only Portside gets the sun if you are into balcony cruising, starboard side is cool to cold.  Love TA'S, happy cruising