Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

12 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Bookings open 04/21/21 but where is she sailing?  Europe?

At least she´s listed 4 times in Zeebrugge for 2022 and 14 times in 2023.

12 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

With Meyer Werft a industry taster to/from Rotterdam/Hamburg and a Southampton Atlantic crossing were standard.

The last ones (Encore, Bliss) were Bremerhaven - Southampton except for the Norwegian Escape which was out of Hamburg.

steamboats

• Like 3

a user in a german board wrote something what we hadn´t discussed yet i think. At a report last November NCL confirmed two different sizes of Leonardo ships ( or a range the ships will be). The biggest size is nearly the same as the Epic but 550 Paxe less.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/node/13366/html

11.   Commitments and Contingencies

Ship Construction Contracts

Project Leonardo will introduce an additional six ships, each ranging from approximately 140,000 to 156,300 Gross Tons with approximately 3,300 to 3,550 Berths, with expected delivery dates from 2022 through 2027.

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

At a report last November NCL confirmed two different sizes of Leonardo ships ( or a range the ships will be). The biggest size is nearly the same as the Epic but 550 Paxe less.

I mentioned that the sizes could change last summer. One of the benefits of Project Mille is the flexibility in sizes for the ships. The largest ship that I know of based on Project Mille is MSC Seashore (169.5K GT).

12 hours ago, Steff79 said:

a user in a german board wrote something what we hadn´t discussed yet i think. At a report last November NCL confirmed two different sizes of Leonardo ships ( or a range the ships will be). The biggest size is nearly the same as the Epic but 550 Paxe less.

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/node/13366/html

11.   Commitments and Contingencies

Ship Construction Contracts

Project Leonardo will introduce an additional six ships, each ranging from approximately 140,000 to 156,300 Gross Tons with approximately 3,300 to 3,550 Berths, with expected delivery dates from 2022 through 2027.

Good find! Where's that German board?! :classic_love:

There's this phrase too, about the NCLH fleet:

"We have one Explorer Class Ship on order for delivery in 2023. We have two Allura Class Ships on order for delivery in 2023 and 2025. Project Leonardo will introduce an additional six ships with expected delivery dates from 2022 through 2027. These additions to our fleet will increase our total Berths to approximately 83,000, which includes additional Berths we plan to add to our Project Leonardo ships, subject to certain conditions."

So it seems there will be a Leonardo Plus or a "last minute" change in the design for all ships?

I don´t think there will be a last minute change. That would be too expensive as everything is already planned and in order. A Leonardo Plus class makes much more sense as you can bring in changes for things that did not work out on the first ship.

steamboats

And the view down, notice the open deck/floor for those atrium windows. Seen before on other photos but still can't tell if this will be a deck area of inside top floor for the atrium. The white paint versus the red primer gives away that something will be done with it.. on the outside. What do you all think?

155262330_10218436356316755_3215018521125129988_o.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/19/2021 at 3:15 PM, farmersfight said:

Glad to hear your comment that the NCL studios (99 sq ft) were plenty of room for you. Bodes well. Even now as a solo cruiser, I still "love me a balcony". So, that's why my current bookings include a couple of RCL's Quantum-class ships (Anthem OTS & Odyssey OTS) which have the studio balcony cabins. To "up my game", I also just recently booked Celebrity Apex, in one of her Single Infinity Veranda cabins. No surprise that Celebrity is owned by RCL. Both RCL & Celebrity are "solo-friendly", i.e. Celebrity increased the # of single infinite veranda cabins on Apex from 16 (Edge) to 24, seeming to indicate that Celebrity is increasing the marketing to us solo cruisers. Same thing with RCL and their Quantum-class ships (which each have 12 studio balcony cabins). Also, RCL recently proved to be "solo friendly" with their recent 60% off the second guest sale (effectively lowering the solo supplement to 40%) + flash sale of $50 off pp, so $100 off the cabin. I jumped on that sale (twice, lol).

I went back to a studio last time on the Escape after a prior 4 cruise run of being able to upgrade to a Balcony the week before- but think next time I am able to go I will either book last minute to see if the reduced supplement is available.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:29 PM, Eggs2Go said:

I've sailed multiple times in Norwegian's solo studio cabins and find them to be comfortable and plenty roomy for me. BUT they are all interior cabins. The pandemic has made me realize the importance of outside access, of sitting on a private balcony and breathing fresh air. Since a brochure from Fincantieri about their new builds states 90% of cabins will have a balcony, perhaps there is hope that on Leonardo 1 some of those balconies will be designed for solos.   

This is an excellent point Eggs2Go- I had studio's twice and 4 other times was able to upgrade the week before to a balcony and think the extra ventilation is a good thing.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HowardK said:

I had studio's twice and 4 other times was able to upgrade the week before to a balcony and think the extra ventilation is a good thing.  

I've been lucky too in past with obtaining balconies thru the upgrade program.  That's been on the smaller ships where I've originally booked an inside cabin. If booked in a studio, not eligible to participate in the upgrade lottery. Been lucky too in booking cruises last minute, but who knows what the future holds with that. Would much prefer to simply plan my cruises in advance booking a small balcony cabin designed for solos, thus avoiding the dreaded pay double for one. Come on Leonardo, do right by all the single cruisers who love sailing on Norwegian, and provide us with some balcony cabins. Here's to everyone sailing safe and happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eggs2Go said:

Would much prefer to simply plan my cruises in advance booking a small balcony cabin designed for solos, thus avoiding the dreaded pay double for one. Come on Leonardo, do right by all the single cruisers who love sailing on Norwegian, and provide us with some balcony cabins.

@HowardK

You mean like RCL has done with their Quantum and Quantum Ultra class ships, with their studio balcony cabins? Don't forget about Celebrity, with those Single Infinite Veranda staterooms on Edge & Apex. Celebrity increased the # of Single Infinite Veranda staterooms on Apex from 16 (on Edge) to 24. Indicates to me that Celebrity is increasing it's marketing to solo cruisers. 👍

Edited by farmersfight

I hope to continue sailing on Norwegian ships. Even if booked in an inside cabin NCL offers amazing outdoor spaces to enjoy being at sea, like the Waterfront on all the Breakaways or the Great Outdoors on Jewel class. I wonder what Leonardo will entice us with.

• Like 2

Theater I thought too and is possible. But the floor looks not like the other theaters I saw with a aslant floor. ( or maybe the next block, but then over three level?)

At the seaside ships the theater is not  as far at the front like at the away ships for example. So it is possible too. 

as Long as the Play &juliet i don‘t care Where the Theater is :-))))