Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

19 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

They are really hoping a bunch of 20 year olds sail, and I am not sure how many of that demographic will hop onboard. 

1 minute ago, FreestyleNovice said:

360_F_105831020_6iACIzzRqMxkpCw3i3AxsqwFU4bDtMrp.jpg

My apologies Freestyle. Think we should do a new thread if conversation re VV is to continue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

On topic; we're 6 weeks out from the moment Leonardo 1 goes on sale. We surely must get some news from NCL in the coming weeks....?

i would agree, under normal circumstances, we'd most certainly would've heard a lot more by now...however, I think NCL is waiting until the last possible moment to make any announcements given everything else going on, so as to not appear insensitive or whatever...aka they don't want "bad" PR

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kenns said:

i would agree, under normal circumstances, we'd most certainly would've heard a lot more by now...however, I think NCL is waiting until the last possible moment to make any announcements given everything else going on, so as to not appear insensitive or whatever...aka they don't want "bad" PR

Other cruise lines are hyping up their new ships, so why not NCL? If they want new revenue and bookings rolling in, get us all excited and eager now so we’ll hit that Book button on day one.

Okay, so maybe I’m just going bonkers with impatience. Come on, NCL, tell us SOMETHING. I intend to be on the inaugural TA but if it weren’t for this thread, I wouldn’t have a clue when that would take place. And I still don’t know if Leonardo will carry on NCL’s embrace of solos (and maybe even improve the cabin options). 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, coastcat said:

I intend to be on the inaugural TA but if it weren’t for this thread, I wouldn’t have a clue when that would take place.

It's always been my intention to do the inaugural TA as well. Still hoping for some new info regarding the cabins, restaurants, etc, etc.  

Heck, we don't even know what the ship's name will be.....🙄

• Like 6

thanks, nice pic, little growing,

i don´t think the open space at the front will be a theater??

wonder if they build a second block somewhere else with the aft section? Or do they building the complete ship in that dock? i´m not sure how long the dock is?

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

i´m not sure how long the dock is?

A quick measurement on Google Earth gives me around 1087 feet for the full length of the graving dock.  It'd be a squeeze to fit a 1087 foot ship in there for construction (you want some room at either end to move things around).

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Thanks for posting this @farmersfight.  I would definitely not like this ship.  The cabin seems ridiculously cramped to me, based on the video.  I do not understand the current pricing given the details shared in the video, and expect that, once the initial newness wears off, they may be struggling to fill ships at that price point.

Yeah, regarding the cabins, I think in the video Emma comments that they are like dorm rooms with Ikea furnishings but that she liked Ikea, lol. With all the quirks, idiosyncrasies and misguided interior design faux pas, I think I'm "out". That main pool the size of a hot tub is ridiculous. Despite the electric guitars on the walls of the suites (errr...excuse me, I meant "rock star quarters") and the LP record turntables, not to mention the tatoo parlor onboard, ummm....no thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coastcat said:

Other cruise lines are hyping up their new ships, so why not NCL?

Not really. RCI's new Icon Class (Icon of the Seas) is also a big mystery. Extremely little information is revealed until now.

But at least Icon will be delivered in 2023, later than Leonardo, so RCI is only focusing on Odyssey and Wonder now.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, coastcat said:

Other cruise lines are hyping up their new ships, so why not NCL? If they want new revenue and bookings rolling in, get us all excited and eager now so we’ll hit that Book button on day one.

Okay, so maybe I’m just going bonkers with impatience. Come on, NCL, tell us SOMETHING. I intend to be on the inaugural TA but if it weren’t for this thread, I wouldn’t have a clue when that would take place. And I still don’t know if Leonardo will carry on NCL’s embrace of solos (and maybe even improve the cabin options). 

I mean, RIGHT! We don't even have an actual name at this point.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 11:45 AM, coastcat said:

I intend to be on the inaugural TA but if it weren’t for this thread, I wouldn’t have a clue when that would take place. 

I can’t find it .  When will the inaugural TA take place?

On 3/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

On topic; we're 6 weeks out from the moment Leonardo 1 goes on sale. We surely must get some news from NCL in the coming weeks....?

I’m new to this thread, how do you know we are 6 weeks out from the bookings opening? Is there a press release or something that says when bookings will open?

4 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I’m new to this thread, how do you know we are 6 weeks out from the bookings opening? Is there a press release or something that says when bookings will open?

NCL mentioned in an agent webinar that they will open bookings for the new ship on April 21st.

So we should at least know the itineraries on or before this date, and also the ship's name, cabin categories, etc.

• Like 4

On 3/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, 1sttimecruisee said:

@Steff79 has a rough idea I believe. There have been a few port listing changes though..

September 22 at LeHavre is the last i found for 2022 ( from ZeeBrugge coming, and next port to Southampton ). But not sure what es then coming???

count the days until NCL starts a page for the Leonardo Class

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 2:48 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

NCL mentioned in an agent webinar that they will open bookings for the new ship on April 21st.

So we should at least know the itineraries on or before this date, and also the ship's name, cabin categories, etc.

Fingers crossed for some European itineraries.

Hmmm . . . Well, would have been interesting, but we are already booked on Escape in November 2022.  Oh, well.  Still following along, though.  Looks like she is going to be quite beautiful!

• Like 1

I haven't seen much speculation on the potential itinerary for Leo 1's first winter, so I compared existing ship deployments in Winter 2021-22 and Winter 2022-23.  The one thing that stands out is for 2021-22 Escape alternates east and west itineraries from Port Canaveral, but in 2022-23 it goes east exclusively.  This leads me to believe Leo 1 will be placed on Western Caribbean (GSC, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) from Port Canaveral for its inaugural season.  All the other standard 7 day itineraries are accounted for, and NCL has consistently put new ships on 7 day Caribbean itineraries for their first winter.

12 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I haven't seen much speculation on the potential itinerary for Leo 1's first winter, so I compared existing ship deployments in Winter 2021-22 and Winter 2022-23.  The one thing that stands out is for 2021-22 Escape alternates east and west itineraries from Port Canaveral, but in 2022-23 it goes east exclusively.  This leads me to believe Leo 1 will be placed on Western Caribbean (GSC, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) from Port Canaveral for its inaugural season.  All the other standard 7 day itineraries are accounted for, and NCL has consistently put new ships on 7 day Caribbean itineraries for their first winter.

I can’t see them just putting it exclusively on Western routes.  The Western Carib routes don’t command as much of a price premium as an Eastern route so I would think they will alternate. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Works for me, when can I reserve me Haven Spa room?   🙂

• Like 1

thank you for the pic, love every pic i can see. Little boring these days.

dreaming of booking Leonardo:

13.08.22 Zeebrugge

18.08.22 zeebrugge

05.09.22 Warnemünde

10.09.22 Helsinki

10 days cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton?

13.09.22 Copenhagen

Oslo / Kristiansand

16.09.22 Oakney island ( Kirkwall )

21.09.22 Zeebrugge

22.09.22 Le Havre

23.09.22 Southampton

Leonardo is now in Oakney in 2022 too. And at a non official site it looks like Leonardo is going to the Baltics ( Warnemünde, Helsinki, Copenhagen is there ) .

2023 this site has a ship what should be Leonardo many times in Geiranger and October 2023 at the Baltics. So the cruises 2023 should be like the star do. UK and Iceland with Norway and to the Baltics and back. If this site is corrct.

NCL still has the rights for these names, will the first ship the Norwegian Prima??

NORWEGIAN ULTIMA

NORWEGIAN LUNA

NORWEGIAN VIVA

NORWEGIAN BELLA

NORWEGIAN VELA

NORWEGIAN AQUA

NORWEGIAN OMBRA

NORWEGIAN PRIMA

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 8