Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Yup, same Project Millie platform.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I'm even seriously considering doing a TA on Valiant Lady. Curious about cruising "Richard Branson style";

Richard Branson: Trump is 'an embarrassment for the world'

On his ships, the suites are called "Rock Star Quarters" and "Mega-Rock Star Quarters", the passengers are "sailors", butlers are "agents", travel agents are "first mates", cruises are "voyages", you get the idea. In the Rock Star Quarters, there are actual electric guitars & LP record players. There's even a tatoo parlor on his ships! Ink anyone? Oh yeah, and no kids allowed.

Edited by farmersfight

Leonardo 2 is at the port list at Cannes in 2023 for 10 times,

first visit at june 22 and the last visit October 23.

And October 27 was Leonardo 2 at the port list in Cadiz, that should the TA??

seems like the summer season 2023

Leonardo 1 Northern Europe

Leonardo 2 mediterranean sea

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 4

nice, so they can finish the bow.

anchor looks very rusty

the third virgin ships starts her cruises in  July 2022, maybe same time or little earlier then Leonardo. (fincianteri building both ) i was looking for some current pics to compare but didn´t found some.

https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2020/06/19/first-hull-section-of-virgin-voyages-third-ship-takes-to-the-water/

only one of the first mega block, that was june 2020

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 8:26 AM, farmersfight said:

. . . there are actual electric guitars . . .

It will be interesting to see if that works out for them.

For those who might not remember, NCL offered this with the Epic. They called it "Check In-Rock Out".

Seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird, though.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

nice, so they can finish the bow.

anchor looks very rusty

the third virgin ships starts her cruises in  July 2022, maybe same time or little earlier then Leonardo. (fincianteri building both ) i was looking for some current pics to compare but didn´t found some.

https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2020/06/19/first-hull-section-of-virgin-voyages-third-ship-takes-to-the-water/

only one of the first mega block, that was june 2020

Ah yes, Resilient Lady...

15 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

It will be interesting to see if that works out for them.

For those who might not remember, NCL offered this with the Epic. They called it "Check In-Rock Out".

Seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird, though.

Saw a video review of Scarlet Lady and apparently there are numerous idiosyncrasies (i.e. a tiny main pool) that have me rethinking booking with Virgin Voyages.

10 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Saw a video review of Scarlet Lady and apparently there are numerous idiosyncrasies (i.e. a tiny main pool) that have me rethinking booking with Virgin Voyages.

farmersfight,  Look at the Cruise critic Virgin Voyagers Resilient Lady Thread.  Comments?

The suspense is killing me right now. Every time I get an email alert that there have been multiple posts in here, I jump in to see if today is the day that an announcement has been made, and nope. 

Come on NCL, give us just a tiny bit of something...! 🙂

Only 6 more weeks, today...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I personally spend very little time in cruise ship pools. It's just not my thing. My hunch is that VV is catering to a crowd that is similar to me. They've gone in a bit of a different direction (have you seen their dorm-style cabins?), so I think it's just a way of differentiating them from other lines.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I personally spend very little time in cruise ship pools. It's just not my thing. My hunch is that VV is catering to a crowd that is similar to me. They've gone in a bit of a different direction (have you seen their dorm-style cabins?), so I think it's just a way of differentiating them from other lines.

That's cool (or maybe not so cool if you're not in a pool, lol). I like to use the ship's main pool but will opt for the aft pool (if the ship has one), if the main pool is too crowded. I like to lay on the pool deck (I unlike a lot of people, don't have to be right next to the pool) with my DoD, so strategically, I prefer to be near the pool bar, lol. Then, you've got the "chair hogs".

Yeah, VV is definitely catering to a different crowd. On thing right off the bat; no kids allowed on their ships, so an adults-only crowd. In that video I mentioned, there were other idiosyncrasies that were highlighted. I linked the video below. It was done by a younger British woman (Emma) who apparently cruises a lot. Her video ship reviews are well done. Apparently, Scarlet Lady's (and I'm sure her newer sisters Valiant Lady and Resilient Lady) interior spaces were designed by not your usual ship interior designer (was a land focused firm), so this is probably the reason behind some of the "annoyances" pointed out in the video. To be fair, she also pointed out some things she liked about Scarlet Lady (& VV). But, her highlighted "cons" about Scarlet Lady were enough to scare me off and change my mind about booking her.

Note: apologize for hijacking this thread with this linked video.

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

That's cool (or maybe not so cool if you're not in a pool, lol). I like to use the ship's main pool but will opt for the aft pool (if the ship has one), if the main pool is too crowded. I like to lay on the pool deck (I unlike a lot of people, don't have to be right next to the pool) with my DoD, so strategically, I prefer to be near the pool bar, lol. Then, you've got the "chair hogs".

Yeah, VV is definitely catering to a different crowd. On thing right off the bat; no kids allowed on their ships, so an adults-only crowd. In that video I mentioned, there were other idiosyncrasies that were highlighted. I linked the video below. It was done by a younger British woman (Emma) who apparently cruises a lot. Her video ship reviews are well done. Apparently, Scarlet Lady's (and I'm sure her newer sisters Valiant Lady and Resilient Lady) interior spaces were designed by not your usual ship interior designer (was a land focused firm), so this is probably the reason behind some of the "annoyances" pointed out in the video. To be fair, she also pointed out some things she liked about Scarlet Lady (& VV). But, her highlighted "cons" about Scarlet Lady were enough to scare me off and change my mind about booking her.

Emma is great. I stumbled onto her YouTube channel last spring and have followed her ever since.

I watched this particular video and I remember her talking about her likes/dislikes. I think she's pretty fair in saying that while some people might like Virgin Voyages' concept, she wasn't a fan.

I'm the type who will dip his foot in the pool occasionally, but will spend WAYYYY too much time at the bar! I also like the spa areas and will generally shower, relax and use the whirlpools and saunas. But I absolutely see why a tiny main deck pool would be off-putting to others. Makes sense.  

Apologies to the OP for going off topic, as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Emma is great. I stumbled onto her YouTube channel last spring and have followed her ever since.

I watched this particular video and I remember her talking about her likes/dislikes. I think she's pretty fair in saying that while some people might like Virgin Voyages' concept, she wasn't a fan.

I'm the type who will dip his foot in the pool occasionally, but will spend WAYYYY too much time at the bar! I also like the spa areas and will generally shower, relax and use the whirlpools and saunas. But I absolutely see why a tiny main deck pool would be off-putting to others. Makes sense.  

Well, at least we didn't stray too far off topic, as @FreestyleNovicepointed out to me in a previous post, VV's ships are from the same Project Millie platform as NCL's Leonardo's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

If time at the bar is your thing, you probably won't like VV either. They do not offer a drink package of any type. Not even for purchase. The best you can do is buy a pre-pay bar tab.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If time at the bar is your thing, you probably won't like VV either. They do not offer a drink package of any type. Not even for purchase. The best you can do is buy a pre-pay bar tab.

Thanks, @JamieLogical, I wasn't aware of that. I guess I'll have to balance the bar tab vs the included specialty restaurants. I think VV offers those as part of the cruise fare, whereas NCL and other lines make you pay for them. Hard to compare apples to apples that way. When I looked at the Scarlet Lady for me and my wife a couple of years ago, we were unimpressed with the itineraries, but I do like their ships' designs. They're a bit quirky, but then so is Sir Richard Branson, LOL.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Thanks for posting this @farmersfight.  I would definitely not like this ship.  The cabin seems ridiculously cramped to me, based on the video.  I do not understand the current pricing given the details shared in the video, and expect that, once the initial newness wears off, they may be struggling to fill ships at that price point.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Thanks for posting this @farmersfight.  I would definitely not like this ship.  The cabin seems ridiculously cramped to me, based on the video.  I do not understand the current pricing given the details shared in the video, and expect that, once the initial newness wears off, they may be struggling to fill ships at that price point.

Honestly one of my biggest issues would be getting back up out of about 1/2 of the chairs they have onboard.  Totally not meant for me, and I am not classified as overweight or anything, just too old to sit in beanbags, or wrap around benches that are 20 feet around.  They are really hoping a bunch of 20 year olds sail, and I am not sure how many of that demographic will hop onboard.  I wish them the best of luck, but between seating, small cabins, and lack of a drink package, I would for sure have to be out. 

• Like 2