Carnival hit by ransomware attack

CCLcruiser91

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Does anyone know which Carnival Corp. "brand" was compromised? The news article didn't state which cruise line.

I believe it was Carnival UK as Cunard and P&O wrote statements on their Facebook pages and advised their customer engagement centers are unavailable due to an IT related incident.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, acsxfan1 said:

Doesn't surprise me 😞 ..   

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

why is that?

Jimbo, I definitely don't want to reply on behalf of the original poster, but I can say I won't be surprised either IF the offending branch of that corporate family tree is CCL  It is my personal impression that they've not retained the brightest bulbs on that particular IT team.  

If they can continually screw up (or ignore) the easier stuff . . . falling victim to ransomware shouldn't be a shocker.

Hopefully the ransom requested was a huge supply of Guy's Burgers . . . and they'll get those delivered, allowing us all to go back to entering info for our future cruise vacations with less serious concern.

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Rumor has it, the person initiating the data breach and holding internal materials for ransom was waiting for their refund. Supposedly they were tired of waiting and wanted to process it on their own.

That is a pretty far out supposition. I highly doubt that a person with that advanced skill set,  would do that just because they are anxious for a refund.