Concierge lounge Access

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That's so interesting.  I have never witnessed a confrontation in the CL.  My experiences with Ricardo Mock also showed that he could care less when people walked into the lounge.

As I said, he was polite. I tend to stay as far away as I can from him when I am in the lounge as he wears so much cologne.  It either gives me a headache or an asthma attack. You can smell him for 15 minutes when he walks up or down the starboard hallway to the elevator.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

That it is a blanket policy 

It sure seemed that way and I have not read one post that gave an example to the contrary.

In addition, loyalty ambassadors and concierges said it was a blanket policy.

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It sure seemed that way and I have not read one post that gave an example to the contrary.

In addition, loyalty ambassadors and concierges said it was a blanket policy.

When the thread was active, I recall a few examples of CL access on the other ships.

You should bump that one back up😉

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I believe that the only reason officers on board Anthem were so forthcoming about the change in policy  was because some of us in the CL had witnessed several very loud/nasty interactions between passengers and the Concierge

I wonder if a any of these loud nasty people are on CC?😇

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just lifted and shifted 2 of my Anthem sailings that were to be this January a few days ago, so I won't be aboard her again until Jan 20  2022. I'll be doing 3 consecutive 11 night sailings, so I am hoping that if Ricardo is in his spot that someone has bought him some new, lighter, cologne and that the dust has settled firmly on this lounge benefit issue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

Sadly, they were not not being truthful.  They gave the explanation that access for D+ to the CL would vary from cruise to cruise.  It did not.  It was a blanket policy.

I heard some ships still allowed D+ in the CL?

Post #18?  Lie still strong words. Surely,  you were not one of the complainers. 😇

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Lie still strong words. Surely,  you were not one of the complainers. 😇

Strong actions to take away benefits deserve strong (and truthful) words.

Nope, were you one of the guests who tried to sneak in?

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Nope, were you one of the guests who tried to sneak in?

Why would we attempt to sneak in?  We weren’t there. Strong actions?  Is that like “peaceful protesters”?  Pretty sure the benefits perks are covered in the T&C’s. 

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Like I said earlier, it was only 8-10 sailings, then covid shut it down. Access might have returned. We'll never know the extent of the temporary policy.  To say they lied just bothers me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on Rhapsody in late February, just prior to the pause, and I believe CL was limited to suite and Pinnacle guests. I recall receiving a letter shortly before  the cruise explaining the limited access. They added a daily speciality coffee and reminded us of the evening vouchers and of course also reminded us of access to the Diamond Lounge and service from the D Concierge.  Something about making the change  to enhance our cruise experience. 

m

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Though there were some sailings on some ships in Dec. that still allowed access for the most part, it began with sailings after Jan. 1, 2020.  I believe that the only reason officers on board Anthem were so forthcoming about the change in policy  was because some of us in the CL had witnessed several very loud/nasty interactions between passengers and the Concierge when those guests had walked in with other people and were politely directed to leave and utilize the Diamond Lounge, with the Concierge referencing the letter in their cabin.

We sailed Anthem December 1st to December 8th.  D+ were allowed in the CL for our sailing.  Starting the December 8th sailing of Anthem, CL was Suites and Pinnacles only.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Yes, I remember that.  They took away access to the Concierge Lounge and gave us a cup of coffee!

D+  has full access to the D Lounge PLUS  a cup of freshly prepared coffee. (I guess my coffee cup is half full. ) 

Honestly, I don’t get all the discussion. Not every case, but in most cases, a lounge is a lounge.  I know that there are differences on some ships.   I am happy to have access, I don’t really care which lounge I am assigned to visit.  Perhaps it’s because I’ve recently (well, as recently as last summer ) sailed RCCL ships with no lounges at all.  

m

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

D+  has full access to the D Lounge PLUS  a cup of freshly prepared coffee. (I guess my coffee cup is half full. ) 

Honestly, I don’t get all the discussion. Not every case, but in most cases, a lounge is a lounge.  I know that there are differences on some ships.   I am happy to have access, I don’t really care which lounge I am assigned to visit.  Perhaps it’s because I’ve recently (well, as recently as last summer ) sailed RCCL ships with no lounges at all.  

m

Living in NYC, many of our cruises are on Anthem.  Their Concierge Lounge there is/was fabulous, the entire width of the rear of the ship with wonderful views.  It far exceeds the Diamond Lounge.  In additon, we never found it crowded, whereas the D lounge needed an overflow area.

On other ships the D lounge is indeed superior to what was the CL.  

Let me guess the no lounge ships are Empress and Majesty!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Let me guess the no lounge ships are Empress and Majesty!

Of course. We took several cruises on both of these ships on the past few  years. Majesty did have some type of C&A event, but nothing on Empress. We didn’t miss the lounge on any of the cruises. 
m