Concierge lounge Access

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's why we got on the Ferry across the Mersey when we were in Liverpool yesterday.

One of the band was singing at night in Central park on Harmony from Barcelona in 2016.

He started with 'You Will Never Walk Alone' and we asked for the song Ferry across the Mersey and he was surprised that we remembered them.

Within 10 minutes there was a big crowd in Central Park listening to him singing.

Graham.

Yes!  Gerry and the Pacemakers.  I also love "You'll Never Walk Alone" which became the anthem of the Liverpool Football Club!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Twangster

I get confused what these two lounges actually are: CL and SL

We are now Diamond so know about the DL.

We don't usually stay in suites so never took much notice of CL / SL talk before but we are booked in a GS for our next cruise.

I know there's been a lot of talk about changing the name and access to some lounges and maybe getting rid of CL I think I've read, but am confused what the difference is between the two.

Pre-Covid, who was allowed access to which - am I right in thinking it was D+ & P only in CL?

I'm really confused about what the difference is between the two - CL & SL.

A ship  has a suite lounge or a concierge lounge, not both. 

Suite  lounges accommodate suite guests and pinnacle guests.

In. the past, concierge lounges  accommodated suite   guests, pinnacle guests  and D plus guests.  In early 2020 many concierge lounges only allowed suite and pinnacle guests. D+  had access  to the diamond lounge

m

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

A ship  has a suite lounge or a concierge lounge, not both. 

Suite  lounges accommodate suite guests and pinnacle guests.

In. the past, concierge lounges  accommodated suite   guests, pinnacle guests  and D plus guests.  In early 2020 many concierge lounges only allowed suite and pinnacle guests. D+  had access  to the diamond lounge

m

Thank you cruisegirl1, that is very helpful.  

So that's kind of what I was confused about, thinking there was a SL AND a CL, and maybe they were meant for different things / access.

So that's obviously why Twangster's post #102 is interesting then, maybe it's just one of their usual 'glitches' - or not!  I guess we'll wait and see!

I knew there had been talk of a name change on the CL's but really didn't understand who had access to what.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, BecAus said:

Thank you cruisegirl1, that is very helpful.  

So that's kind of what I was confused about, thinking there was a SL AND a CL, and maybe they were meant for different things / access.

So that's obviously why Twangster's post #102 is interesting then, maybe it's just one of their usual 'glitches' - or not!  I guess we'll wait and see!

I knew there had been talk of a name change on the CL's but really didn't understand who had access to what.

Thank you!

I wouldn't worry about how things are labled on apps, brochures, and even onboard maps.

Oasis had the DL mislabeled for 5 years

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BecAus said:

Hi Twangster

I get confused what these two lounges actually are: CL and SL

We are now Diamond so know about the DL.

We don't usually stay in suites so never took much notice of CL / SL talk before but we are booked in a GS for our next cruise.

I know there's been a lot of talk about changing the name and access to some lounges and maybe getting rid of CL I think I've read, but am confused what the difference is between the two.

Pre-Covid, who was allowed access to which - am I right in thinking it was D+ & P only in CL?

I'm really confused about what the difference is between the two - CL & SL.

Diamond Lounge is available to anyone who has achieved Diamond.  The DL is never available to suites or any other group who haven't earned Diamond. 

The Concierge Club or Lounge was an early implementation of a venue for full suite guests and eventually D+ and P. 

More recently Royal has been focused on their Suite product and they have been adding Suite Lounges to ships.  The Suite Lounge is available to full suites and P (not D+ like the CL allowed).

Ships either have a CL or an SL.  You don't see a ship with both a CL and an SL although one could argue Spectrum is sort of an exception.  Ships that have been more recently renovated typically have had the CL removed and an SL added.    The Allure deck plans in the app are likely a glitch in the matrix as these ships don't have a CL and a SL.  Allure had a DL on deck 11 that was going to be converted in her March amplification but when that was cancelled it's assumed the DL remains.  

If you are staying in a GS or better you have access to the CL or SL, whichever is present on that ship.  Radiance class for example all have a CL and none have an SL (so far).  If you stay in a GS on Radiance you would use the CL. 

Recently amplified ships have received an SL and the CL was converted to more cabins.  If you sail Navigator in a GS you would use the SL since the CL is no longer on that ship.  

As a D staying in a GS you can visit the DL or the CL/SL.  A gold member staying in a GS would not have access to the DL, they would just have access to the CL/SL.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed reply Twangster, much appreciated.

We are booked on Quantum in a GS for a Jan '22 NZ cruise - I so hope we are allowing ships in to Aus/NZ next season, it will be very sad/disappointing if we don't.

We usually only sail in a balcony although husband and I had a JS on Ovation in Alaska last year for our 25th Anniversary cruise, so not a full suite.  I DID have a GS booked for that trip but had to change sailings from Sept to July and by then the price was WAYYYYY too high for me to book a GS unfortunately.

At this stage whilst we are still travelling with teenagers, down to one 14yr old now, Radiance is too small with not enough to keep him entertained - we have sailed her twice when the kids were smaller and didn't care so much about the 'bells and whistles' they are now used to!

My son and I flew up to Singapore and took a 3n cruise on Spectrum when she transited through on her way to her new home base, Shanghai wasn't it?  Just to have a look at her - would have loved to do the inaugural but couldn't make the dates work.

We loved it and loved the lounge set-up, I think it was called Silver Lounge and was kind of like a DL and CK combined.  D and above and suites had access I believe and the solarium was supposedly only accessible via these guests as well.

Thanks again for the info, appreciated : )

2 minutes ago, BecAus said:

We are booked on Quantum in a GS for a Jan '22 NZ cruise

You'll enjoy the CL on Quantum with its awesome aft wake views.  It's a bit of a walk to get there but I never mind the walk and it's good to burn off a few calories.

The suite sun deck is a great place to take in the sounds of NZ.  As a GS you'll have access.  Don't forget Coastal Kitchen also included for GS.  If you get an email from the suite concierge before boarding just ask them to make CK reservations for you.  

Ovation and Quantum are very close sisters.    I just did Ovation to NZ in February - awesome cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You'll enjoy the CL on Quantum with its awesome aft wake views.  It's a bit of a walk to get there but I never mind the walk and it's good to burn off a few calories.

The suite sun deck is a great place to take in the sounds of NZ.  As a GS you'll have access.  Don't forget Coastal Kitchen also included for GS.  If you get an email from the suite concierge before boarding just ask them to make CK reservations for you.  

Ovation and Quantum are very close sisters.    I just did Ovation to NZ in February - awesome cruise.  

And don't forget it has a restroom inside the lounge too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twangster said:

So I checked out Allure in the Royal app today. 

Seems the DL has been eliminated but the CL is back.  CL on deck 11, SL on deck 17.  Can't find a DL.   Interesting...

No DL?  This could be the first step in eliminating Diamond access to any lounges.  CL access may continue to be limited to D+, P and Suites.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Diamond Lounge is available to anyone who has achieved Diamond.  The DL is never available to suites or any other group who haven't earned Diamond. 

9 hours ago, twangster said:

As a D staying in a GS you can visit the DL or the CL/SL.  A gold member staying in a GS would not have access to the DL, they would just have access to the CL/SL.

On both Serenade and Enchantment, before we were Diamond, staying in a GS, our Sea Pass card allowed us access to the DL. 

M8

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I remember when they paved paradise and put up a parking lot. 

They didn’t take away the lounges. They are still on the ship. Most ships have a diamond lounge, and either a concierge or suite lounge.  A few ships (Majesty/Empress) don’t have any lounge, but never did.  

All diamond,  diamond plus,  pinnacle and suite guests  still have access to at least one lounge on ships that have lounges. 

m

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

They didn’t take away the lounges. They are still on the ship. Most ships have a diamond lounge, and either a concierge or suite lounge.  A few ships (Majesty/Empress) don’t have any lounge, but never did.  

When John Denton was Hotel Director on Majesty, the Viking Crown Lounge was transformed into a "Special Event" area for Diamond and above!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

When John Denton was Hotel Director on Majesty, the Viking Crown Lounge was transformed into a "Special Event" area for Diamond and above!

Yes he did, and it was a lovely event however the Majesty of the seas never had a D or C lounge. 

m

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

That's correct, but the wine was flowing freely!

BTW, no one complained about the quality of the wine.  We were simply happy that it was there!

Or perhaps we didn’t drink it.

One bartender on Majesty told  me that he can fix the white wine so that it won’t taste bad.   He  handed me the glass of white wine with so many ice cubes in it that I couldn’t taste wine. He winked at me and said, “now isn’t that better!”  Of course on his tray was the regular drink I was having.  

It was quite cute, and  just another reason why we like Royal  Caribbean and appreciate the terrific staff and crew. 
m

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

All diamond,  diamond plus,  pinnacle and suite guests  still have access to at least one lounge on ships that have lounges. 

m

Don't it always seem to go... that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?

21 hours ago, twangster said:

The Concierge Club or Lounge was an early implementation of a venue for full suite guests and eventually D+ and P. 

My first RCI Cruise was on Explorer in 2007, but already being Elite on Celebrity made me Diamond on RCI.  At that time Diamonds (note ALL Diamonds) had access to Concierge Lounges. I think Freedom in 2006 was the first ship built with a Diamond Lounge, and about 2008 (I sure someone on here will know the date) Diamonds were excluded from Concierge Lounges. Ships without Diamond Lounges then offered a Diamond Event with soda, wine and peanuts and pay as you go beer and cocktails. When Diamond Plus became a category (pretty sure that came into existence after 2008, but I could be wrong), D+ were allowed access to both DLs and CLs. 

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

That's correct, but the wine was flowing freely!

BTW, no one complained about the quality of the wine.  We were simply happy that it was there!

Don't worry,  we will cruise again.  As soon as we resume cruising someone will complain about the wine again.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Don't it always seem to go... that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?

Didn’t drink the wine, so don’t miss it. Rarely went to the Majesty evening event so don’t miss it. Rarely hang out in lounge for evening cocktail so don’t miss it. Rarely used 2, let alone 3, vouchers each evening.   

I do miss cruising! 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Didn’t drink the wine, so don’t miss it. Rarely went to the Majesty evening event so don’t miss it. Rarely hang out in lounge for evening cocktail so don’t miss it. Rarely used 2, let alone 3, vouchers each evening.  

I do miss cruising! 
m

We always went to the old Diamond event on Monarch.  Dexter, the bartender, was as slow as Christmas, and he always acted like he was doing you a favor. But we always looked forward to seeing him.

To this day, he might be the only bartendet that  I can recall by name.