Where was I?

Yes, it is the Redwoods Park in Rotorua, you can see the treewalk in the background. I really thought that this would have been easy and somewhere that most on this board had visited, as it is in a very popular tourist town, close to home.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Redwood forest

1 hour ago, vada_9 said:

Yes, it is the Redwoods Park in Rotorua, you can see the treewalk in the background. I really thought that this would have been easy and somewhere that most on this board had visited, as it is in a very popular tourist town, close to home.

what confused me was the statues (presumably they were at the entrance).  I was concentrating on these and no amount of googling found them.  I did notice the treewalk and  wondered about the Rotorua park and looked at pictures but couldn't see any statues.  We were in Rotorua last year and the Redwoods Park was on our list but unfortunately we ran out of time!

5 minutes ago, patch nine said:

what confused me was the statues (presumably they were at the entrance).  I was concentrating on these and no amount of googling found them.  I did notice the treewalk and  wondered about the Rotorua park and looked at pictures but couldn't see any statues.  We were in Rotorua last year and the Redwoods Park was on our list but unfortunately we ran out of time!

The statues are near the entrance to the car park - you can see them on google street view. We were there in 2016 (it was my 5th visit to Rotorua , but first time to the Redwoods). We did not do the tree walk as I believe it had only just opened. 

8 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

The statues are near the entrance to the car park - you can see them on google street view. We were there in 2016 (it was my 5th visit to Rotorua , but first time to the Redwoods). We did not do the tree walk as I believe it had only just opened. 

We visited the Redwoods in 2018 but I don't remember seeing the statues.

Leigh

3 hours ago, vada_9 said:

It seems I have been given it as correct, so in the interests of moving it on.

Who and where is it?

Image may contain: 1 person