Where was I?

4 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

Barraba, NSW -thanks to Google

It is a pretty iconic mural so it should be on google😉. I do enjoy silo murals and this one was pretty awesome. The three murals depicts the process of a farmer divining for water. Your turn.

Edited by ilikeanswers

6 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I can't quite figure out which island you are facing so I will just guess Intercontinental Tahiti?

Correct, think island is Moorea, spent two days at this hotel before a cruise, they where the only days it didn't rain, every day of the cruise it poured, in the end the ship had to race back to Papeete to avoid bad weather.

20 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Correct, think island is Moorea, spent two days at this hotel before a cruise, they where the only days it didn't rain, every day of the cruise it poured, in the end the ship had to race back to Papeete to avoid bad weather.

I was trying to decide if you were on Mo'orea or Tahiti. I thought I would start with Tahiti first😉

37 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

What time of year?

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What time of year?

It was February, we where on Oceania Marina, we got off at every port except the last on as the weather was so bad. This is a typical days outlook. It was just disappointing the weather was like that, just have to take the good with the bad, can't do anything about the weather

55 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

It was February, we where on Oceania Marina, we got off at every port except the last on as the weather was so bad. This is a typical days outlook. It was just disappointing the weather was like that, just have to take the good with the bad, can't do anything about the weather

February is towards end of the rainy season.  

19 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

The Heart of Ise Grand Shrine

Got it by the skin of your teeth😄. The most sacred site of the Shinto religion. The story goes that this is the earthly home of the goddess Amaterasu. The Chief priest of the temple complex is the Emperor's daughter. It was a fascinating visit as you get to really see the Japanese people's religious devotion and strong beliefs. There is a pilgrim path that takes you through the complex, past the lesser shrines and the river that people dip their votives in as they believe the river is blessed. Then you reach the tori gate pictured. Through there is the main shrine. It is believed they hold the Sacred Mirror which is one of three Imperial Regalia of Japan given to the first emperor by the gods, the others being a sword and jewel. You will also find lots of chickens running around😝. Apparently they are the messengers of Amaterasu.

Edited by ilikeanswers

26 minutes ago, boeckli said:

My first thought was Yokohama (but the bridge looks different). How about Busan (Pusan), South Korea? I looked though all my photos from Busan and couldn't find one with bridge though ...

Well you must have slept in that morning and not seen this bridge as you sailed in, yes it is Busan, South Korea. We have been there twice and dock at two different docks But sailed under this bridge each time, so maybe you went somewhere different.