Where was I?

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Why on earth did you lug Washlets all the waay from Japan? You can buy various brands of the bidet toilet seats in Australia. I've had one for at least ten years.

We took far too many Yen with us and they were each in a carton smaller than a small suitcase. Fitted easily within our luggage allowance. And cheap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

I'm a little confused 😳If Omaha Beach is not Northern France what is considered Northern France? 

Normandy is not northern France to me, I think of places closer to the German and Belgium border.

Sorry if I confused people.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Does anybody know where they would find this building, i hope it has enough clues for some.IMG_1099.thumb.jpeg.393d02b7329469b745ad6098a3bbbba6.jpeg

I will stand down because it's just... Well played.😇

Besides, I have to go to bed. By the way did you take the photo? It has changed quite a lot, no more Ivy and the large weeping cypress tree are gone.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I will stand down because it's just... Well played.😇

Besides, I have to go to bed. By the way did you take the photo? It has changed quite a lot, no more Ivy and the large weeping cypress tree are gone.

Yes i did take the pic, all the pics i post are taken by me, i took that pic in 2010.

I have never referred to it by the "Fairmont" name, for long time residents of Victoria it's "The Empress" it was built as a Canadian Pacific Hotel, like the Banff Springs Hotel, and the Chateau Lake Louis as well as many others that have a "Fairmont" badge now.

Hope you enjoyed our little town qbay46

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have never referred to it by the "Fairmont" name, for long time residents of Victoria it's "The Empress" it was built as a Canadian Pacific Hotel, like the Banff Springs Hotel, and the Chateau Lake Louis as well as many others that have a "Fairmont" badge now.

Hope you enjoyed our little town qbay46

Yes we had a very nice walk around we where there only for a few hours from a ship but did enjoy ourselves