Where was I?

This thread is SOOO cool 😎 (Thanks again Julie!) little late to the party, of course, but been looking through previous posts and feeling kinda like, well, like everyone here, I can remember when I have been places and so seeing the images, thinking back to the experiences and what/when it might be like again. 

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program, blackduck just guessed beautiful Burano. (I confess to frequently looking at the live Venice webcams) 

Stay safe and well everyone! 😷😊

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Host Bonjour said:

This thread is SOOO cool 😎 (Thanks again Julie!) little late to the party, of course, but been looking through previous posts and feeling kinda like, well, like everyone here, I can remember when I have been places and so seeing the images, thinking back to the experiences and what/when it might be like again. 

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program, blackduck just guessed beautiful Burano. (I confess to frequently looking at the live Venice webcams) 

Stay safe and well everyone! 😷😊

Thank you Colleen and stay safe in NYC, it is a jungle out there.

• Thanks 1

Just now, getting older slowly said:

Juneau in alaska ??

You are correct sir, I would ask the name of the ship but it is painted on the side.

When we arrived Queen Elizabeth was tied up at the pier on the Starboard Quarter and there was a Holland America ship forward of us. Norwegian Bliss was late leaving the pier we are tied up at (Medical emergency) so we had to stand off for about 45 minutes for them to clear.

Your turn

Just now, ilikeanswers said:

To be fair it is not easy for everyone, I have not been to Alaska so I did not recognise the place😉

Fair enough I know the feeling. My comment was replying to the stream of zeds I got from Docker 123.

I really have to get out and take some pictures around here. Many world famous places that we locals rarely visit as well as vistas we know very well but may be a vague memory to someone who spent a few hours here some years ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

To be fair it is not easy for everyone, I have not been to Alaska so I did not recognise the place😉

I agree and I have done the inside passage cruise - Alaska and stopped at Juneau. Even so, I could not identify the port, so many docks look the same.

Lyle, no offence meant. Many on here have not done the Inside passage cruise.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Fair enough I know the feeling. My comment was replying to the stream of zeds I got from Docker 123.

I really have to get out and take some pictures around here. Many world famous places that we locals rarely visit as well as vistas we know very well but may be a vague memory to someone who spent a few hours here some years ago.

I had actually written a nice message to recall you to the thread.

When you replied at the same time, just deleted content and tried to enter random letters.

Too bad this system does not allow us to delete posts.

13 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I don't think this matters. We are putting up photos taken all around the world. Many people will not have been to many of the countries that have featured. That is part of the game.

All the photos I have posted have been ones we have taken. Although we have travelled a lot, I don't recognise some of the places that have been featured.

Edited by Aus Traveller

I have not been outside Australia and New Zealand ,  but enjoy the all the photos.... and take them on as a challenge.... and with the help of Google  

Anyway thanks Lyle..... ( sorry to hear about your driveway issue )

Right we are in Australia and it is cold about -1 deg  but sunny

Where am I ? or should one say what am i looking at ?

ice_8023673.thumb.jpg.fb9a22dc149d68381814f4fc97d86c45.jpg

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I agree and I have done the inside passage cruise - Alaska and stopped at Juneau. Even so, I could not identify the port, so many docks look the same.

The photo was taken from the Mt. Robson Tram, I assume that the angle of the shot was a dead giveaway. I guess not. Kind of like someone implying even I could get a location because it was written on the sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I had actually written a nice message to recall you to the thread.

When you replied at the same time, just deleted content and tried to enter random letters.

Too bad this system does not allow us to delete posts.

Cheers no worries.

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I have not been outside Australia and New Zealand ,  but enjoy the all the photos.... and take them on as a challenge.... and with the help of Google  

Anyway thanks Lyle..... ( sorry to hear about your driveway issue )

Right we are in Australia and it is cold about -1 deg  but sunny

Where am I ? or should one say what am i looking at ?

ice_8023673.thumb.jpg.fb9a22dc149d68381814f4fc97d86c45.jpg

Are we in Tasmania?