Where was I?

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Got it! Benjamin Boyd's tower at Eden. I was about to put out a call for Les (NSWP) because it is almost in his 'territory'.

Your turn.

I just got back from 3 days at Merimbula and was at Ben Boyd National Park near Eden on Sunday, did a tower visit, yes it was a whale watch tower for the Whalers, back then.  The national park was burnt out during the fires, but all ok now.

I turned my puter on too late, I could have won another world cruise ticket or more appropriate a whale watch cruise on Cat Bilou from Eden.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I just got back from 3 days at Merimbula and was at Ben Boyd National Park near Eden on Sunday, did a tower visit, yes it was a whale watch tower for the Whalers, back then.  The national park was burnt out during the fires, but all ok now.

While no-one else recognised Ben Boyd's tower, I wondered where you were. I hope you had a great three days away. 🙂

With the news about a vaccine, I am more hopeful that cruises will start in the second half of 2021. That will be the longest time we have gone between cruises. Our last two cruises were early this year just before COVID hit and we didn't imagine that the road back would take so long.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I turned my puter on too late, I could have won another world cruise ticket or more appropriate a whale watch cruise on Cat Bilou from Eden.

While we are on Eden, for those of you who have been there, the extensive infrastructure at the wharf, fish and chips shops, cafes, restaurants and even the Water Police station are all derelict, council has condemned the building as unsafe. Some new infrastructure is being constructed nearer the cruise wharf, but I don't know what is going in there, maybe assocated with cruise ship movements, customs, immigration, security.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What is the name of this building and where is it?

A word of warning - If I delay coming back on this forum it would be because my telephone line is finally getting repaired after a few weeks. The technicians working on the line might have to cut it off for a short while. For the last few

weeks it has been virtually impossible to use the phone and the internet has been very slow - 0.2mps if I am lucky. Otherwise 0.1mps.774103020_mysteryphotoelizabethfarm.JPG.c2169369580f1396ecbfb60081cb996e.JPG I will keep checking this site to see if someone gets the correct answer.

Edited by Aus Traveller

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looks a bit Tasweigan, goat track of a road.🤣

Not Tassie. The road is bitumen. You are probably looking at the footpath.

Clue - This is a famous historic house. One reason for its fame is its original owners.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Been following this thread with much interest. Recognised a couple, but too late. After interrogating google for a while on this one, I gave up and by chance found the answer was very close. I'll keep the answer, and the clue, to myself for now as it's probably cheating. 😁

1 minute ago, chopper_1 said:

Been following this thread with much interest. Recognised a couple, but too late. After interrogating google for a while on this one, I gave up and by chance found the answer was very close. I'll keep the answer, and the clue, to myself for now as it's probably cheating. 😁

If you have the answer use it, I don't think you can "cheat" many of us use Google although I think Mic is a walking travel book.

3 minutes ago, chopper_1 said:

If you found it on google that is not cheating, I think we all look on there at times

5 minutes ago, chopper_1 said:

It's not cheating. I think Google is used a fair bit to find answers. What do you think the answer is?

I will give you a chance to answer before I supply another clue.

Edited by Aus Traveller

I couldn't find it on google. It was much simpler.

The photo is a link to it's source location, which includes the answer:

Elizabeth Farm. Built for the young military couple John and Elizabeth Macarthur and their growing family in 1793.

70 Alice St, Rosehill NSW

8 minutes ago, chopper_1 said:

I couldn't find it on google. It was much simpler.

The photo is a link to it's source location, which includes the answer:

Elizabeth Farm. Built for the young military couple John and Elizabeth Macarthur and their growing family in 1793.

70 Alice St, Rosehill NSW

Correct. Elizabeth Farm at Rose Hill is the oldest building in Australia that survives from colonial times. Building began in 1793, but it has been extended and altered since then. John and Elizabeth Macarthur arrived on the second fleet in 1790. In my opinion, she was an amazing woman. I cannot think of anything complimentary to say about her husband. 🙂

Chopper - it is your turn now.

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

We are in Ohakune, New Zealand. Looking at the Worlds largest carrot,    waiting for bugs bunny.....   but he turned left on Thursday

Don

Quite right. I rounded a bend in the road in the middle of nowhere, and there it was. Just one of the surprises in NZ. Hopefully I can get on a cruise back there soon.

Back to you.......

Just now, chopper_1 said:

Quite right. I rounded a bend in the road in the middle of nowhere, and there it was. Just one of the surprises in NZ. Hopefully I can get on a cruise back there soon.

Back to you.......

Many thanks     also hope to get back to NZ

We are in NZ...  to make it easy....where was I standing ?    . Don

1405125130_carrotcountry_C019863.thumb.jpg.cdd473734d783c45c3883fc8c0ae26f8.jpg