Where was I?

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Where was I

20200509_110025.thumb.jpg.9603aee0103f3d342b9d5446af16b8b3.jpg

Bonus points if you name the mountain

Double bonus points if you name the viewpoint

I verified the wrong answer my bad. The mountain is Mt. Baker in Washington State. ironically it is north of Victoria across the Strait of Juan de Fuca. I am standing at a place called Cattle Point in "Oak Bay"

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

remember this isn't stump the chump and we're only working on your shot because I was wrong when you gave the wrong answer for my photo. I'm out

I only posted a pic because you said I was correct and it was my turn and I ask for the area because I didn’t know the name of the glaciers, no one is trying to make any one out to be a chump, just a bit of fun here.

Ok seeing I seem to have up set someone, and I have to go and pick up the grandkids now any way the answer to my pics is Prince William Sound in Alaska, we did a tour out of Whittier to the sounds. So if someone wants to post a pic go right ahead.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That has to be the easiest one we have had.

Perhaps not, I did one of the OPT as well with the Harbour bridge in it.

Just thought it should move on quickly before more people got upset.

Remember - it is supposed to just a bit of Fun.

I think Mic threw a soft ball just to get it restarted. 

I like this game and every once in a while I get one right. I have also had a brain fart. I apologize for my rant. I just think some people want to be too clever with photos that could be literally anywhere or give coy clues which add no information. 

Indeed Mic it is supposed to be fun. Clues can be fun, nope and nowhere near there probably don't add interest just frustration.

Thanks everyone for keeping this going, I think I will step out.

Cheers.

Edited by Blackduck59
typo

I think in the confusion stemmed from what it was the poster wanted named @Blackduck59 thought the glacier and I think he did get it right but @qbay46 didn't know the name of the glacier and wanted the name of the general area so perhaps to avoid confusion when we post a photo we should make clear what we want named🤗

• Thanks 1

Yes, that would be sensible.

It can be fun to have obscure locations as long as you're prepared to clue people in the right direction. A good idea with clues is to use the cold, warm, warmer key words to indicate people are on the right track. Hints as to direction, N, S, E, W, are also good.

It's a pedestrian path.  No idea where the stairs go - can't remember.  A hint.  That's cloud cover, we were up fairly high.  Northern Hemisphere in February.  Funnily enough, the locals were rugged up in jackets, scarves, hats, etc., but I removed my fleece jacket and walked around in a tshirt - it was quite humid up there IMO. 

Oh, and the destination is approx. a 9 hour flight from Melbourne.

Edited by LC1950