Is Carnival Legend Transatlantic in March Cancelled?

HLGW60

If my memory serves me correctly, the Carnival Legend was suppose to sail to Europe in March, 2021 from Tampa.  I can’t find it now on Carnival’s site or even a roll call for ii🥺  All I see is the Transatlantic back to the US in October and the European sailings.  I am beginning to become concerned.  How is the ship going to get there?  Will the European sailings still be on the Legend or another ship?  Could this be a sign that the European cruises will eventually be cancelled?   I would appreciate any info that you may have that I may have missed.  Btw....we are booked for the June 4 Norway cruise.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HLGW60 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Carnival Legend was suppose to sail to Europe in March, 2021 from Tampa.  I can’t find it now on Carnival’s site or even a roll call for ii🥺  All I see is the Transatlantic back to the US in October and the European sailings.  I am beginning to become concerned.  How is the ship going to get there?  Will the European sailings still be on the Legend or another ship?  Could this be a sign that the European cruises will eventually be cancelled?   I would appreciate any info that you may have that I may have missed.  Btw....we are booked for the June 4 Norway cruise.

It is true that it isn't on Carnival's website. Maybe, and maybe. Nobody currently knows. I booked Carnival air for our cruise.

If Carnival has a European season and cruising isn't permitted in the United States (it's too far away to have any realistic idea), Carnival could always send a ship over without passengers. At this point, it's probably best to reserve airfare through the cruise line or if booking direct, select a refundable rate. Until Carnival decides to officially cancel it, consider it still on schedule.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

The obvious other choice would be to substitute Radiance that is in Cadiz.

1 hour ago, HLGW60 said:

That thought has crossed my mind.  

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Bingo

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Yup, another option.

The Radiance is supposed to be heading to Long Beach next April. You think that they will change that again. By the way,  the Fascination is also in Cadiz.😁

22 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The Radiance is supposed to be heading to Long Beach next April. You think that they will change that again. By the way,  the Fascination is also in Cadiz.😁

I don’t see any sailings out of Long Beach till May 2022. 

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

That was what was announced, however no cruises are available to book. Fascination is also an option. There is plenty of time to slap a coat of paint on and add some balconies. Carnival has a number of options and are likely waiting to see how things play out before showing their hand. There  no rush.

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

If they swap Radiance, the Legend likely goes to the left coast for a while.

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Obviously none of us know.  There was a discussion with the chief communication officer where he discussed all the up in the air things.  During that talk he was asked about Europe and said that a lot of the sailings to there were predicated on dry docks of ships over there, and that obviously much was in the air.  Potentially that could allow flip flopping of ships. The rest is reading into what we see. We have a VS on the Legend for a cruise to Greece early in October 2021.  I would be disappointed if it was not the Legend.  

Edited by jimbo5544

4 hours ago, RD64 said:

Carnival has not yet found a shipyard to complete the Radiance conversion. My personal opinion - don’t place any bets on the Radiance doing those cruises.

I'm pretty sure they have found shipyards, the question is where in the schedules Radiance fits. Swapping ships should buy more time for the conversion.

They are having to reschedule the dry docks because the ship yards are running behind due to Covid shut downs. The Legend was originally dry docking between the TA in March and the start of the European season in May.  Don't know if this will change the TA but it may be why it was taken down.

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

They are having to reschedule the dry docks because the ship yards are running behind due to Covid shut downs. The Legend was originally dry docking between the TA in March and the start of the European season in May.  Don't know if this will change the TA but it may be why it was taken down.

Do you or anyone else know if there was ever a Roll Call on CC for the March Transatlantic?  The only one I see is for a March 6 Panama Canal.   Just strange.   It seems that if there were folks previously booked then we would have heard from them.

1 hour ago, HLGW60 said:

Do you or anyone else know if there was ever a Roll Call on CC for the March Transatlantic?  The only one I see is for a March 6 Panama Canal.   Just strange.   It seems that if there were folks previously booked then we would have heard from them.

I don't know about the roll call but there are a couple of Facebook pages for Legend Europe sailings and it seems like I recall someone saying they booked the TA over there and then were doing a month in Europe and on some of her BCN sailings.  But most people are booked on the Barcelona, Dover or Rome sailings.  

I thought it was strange that the only transatlantic showing on Carnival's website is the Legend on the way back, but not going over. We are booked on the Valor from New Orleans to Barcelona in January. I checked with my PVP today, and it is still on. I figured both Valor sailings, and the eastbound Legend sailing weren't showing because they were at capacity. (Whatever the capacity may be. 🙄 )

11 hours ago, JeanieTheMom said:

I thought it was strange that the only transatlantic showing on Carnival's website is the Legend on the way back, but not going over. We are booked on the Valor from New Orleans to Barcelona in January. I checked with my PVP today, and it is still on. I figured both Valor sailings, and the eastbound Legend sailing weren't showing because they were at capacity. (Whatever the capacity may be. 🙄 )

Unlikely to happen. They just haven't cancelled it officially yet. They use the capacity spiel before they cancel.

Don't book flights hotels tours etc.

I'm very glad you posted this because I've been looking for a transatlantic cruise porting from the states and I only found one on NCL from NYC.  I just thought Carnival did not port out of the states.  I will hold off on booking my NCL transatlantic until I see if Carnival puts the one from Tampa back up

4 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Unlikely to happen. They just haven't cancelled it officially yet. They use the capacity spiel before they cancel.

Don't book flights hotels tours etc.

This is the reason I booked Fly2Fun with Carnival so I could cancel with no $$$$ tied up till final payment.  We just recently got our refund ($5000) for our cancelled air though Delta (Delta Comfort) for our cancelled Norway Legend cruise in June.   Don’t want to go through that again.   The bad thing for us is that we paid for this cruise with Carnival Gift Cards which did transfer over to the rebooked one next June.  This is the first time we had bought the discounted AARP Carnival gift cards.  We thought we were so smart and thrifty at the time.....lol.   Lesson learned.   However, I guess if this cruise is also canceled then those refunded gift cards will be good forever.   

Edited by HLGW60
  • Like 1