NCF CHARGE

228THSTREET

It is the part of the fare that a travel agent would not receive a commission on. Some of it is port fees, some taxes, some part of the fare itself, and who knows what else the cruise line throws in there. As long as the total at the bottom is what you expect it is nothing to be concerned about.

5 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

No it isn't.  Port fees and taxes are different.

It's basically whatever the cruise line wants it to be.  The "non commissionable fee" is a part of the fare that isn't commissionable to travel agents.  Could be a combination of port fees and other governmental fees.  Tax is listed separately.  Different cruise lines calculate the fee differently, and it's one of the more confusing things to try to figure out.  Bottom line is if the total price matches up with what you are quoted, best to move on and not get confused by this.

Yes, definitely not port fees and taxes. I've seen port fees and taxes on added the fare on every cruise I've taken. I've seen NCF on one cruise and it was part of the "fare" just broken out separately. The reason it was broken out separately is because the TA was offering OBC based on the "cruise fare"; but then they broke the NCF out so they could only give OBC based on the commissionable portion of the fare, not the whole fare.

I'm with the last two posters based on our couple times trying to figure this out.  The latest was when we were given 50% future credit on our NCF portion of the cruise.

I had a spreadsheet with multiple calculations and had detail breakdown from TA.  In one scenario (the lowest amount of credit ironically) I was able to get close to what NCL said the credit was but not exact.