MS Rotterdam and MS Amsterdam at Botlek Rotterdam

Robert Smith

I made a harbour tour yesterday and made some pictures from the Damen Shipyard at the Botlek Rotterdam from the Rotterdam and the Amsterdam. Amsterdam was still in dock, Rotterdam was in the water again and was getting a technical inspection and a paint job (a lighter blue on the hull). The Holland Amica Line letters were already gone.

Both ships looked very bad (like it has been told here before) from a long period at sea with no cleaning and a just a little maintenance.

So sad to see them there. A couple of months ago they were busy cruising and being a safe home for a lot of people...look at them now.

Just a small pick from the pictures I've made.

Thanks for watching.

IMG_1556_DxO.jpg

IMG_1580_DxO.jpg

IMG_1586_DxO.jpg

IMG_1613_DxO.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Robert Smith I'd love to see more pictures, particularly of the Amsterdam.  Little did we know back in March that we (on the world cruise) would be the last passengers on her as the Amsterdam.  It is indeed sad that the ships look like this but even more so that they are sold.  I'll take any memory of her I can get.  Thanks for posting!

Linda R.

14 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

@Robert Smith I'd love to see more pictures, particularly of the Amsterdam.  Little did we know back in March that we (on the world cruise) would be the last passengers on her as the Amsterdam.  It is indeed sad that the ships look like this but even more so that they are sold.  I'll take any memory of her I can get.  Thanks for posting!

Linda R.

Thanks for your commends. I will share some more pictures of the Amsterdam by this weekend latest (have to work now). I will also include some pictures of her sailing in and out Rotterdam City cruise terminal. 

IMG_1520 (1).jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert Smith said:

Thanks for your commends. I will share some more pictures of the Amsterdam by this weekend latest (have to work now). I will also include some pictures of her sailing in and out Rotterdam City cruise terminal. 

IMG_1520 (1).jpeg

Thanks Robert!  I look forward to seeing them!

Linda R.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Just a bit surprised that the names on the stern have not been changed nor have the Fred. Olsen funnel colors been applied.

This particular dry dock is for the hull inspection that was due this past May.  Most likely a condition of sale.  Once the ships get to Scotland, then they will be changed over to Fred Olson livery, etc.

Linda R.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

This particular dry dock is for the hull inspection that was due this past May.  Most likely a condition of sale.  Once the ships get to Scotland, then they will be changed over to Fred Olson livery, etc.

Linda R.

I appreciate the information.  Thank you.

And as promised some extra pictures of MS Amsterdam near the cruise terminal at Rotterdam and a couple of MS Amsterdam in dock at Rotterdam Botlek.

Maybe not the best pictures but I do hope Some of you will enjoy them.

The pictures were made very close to the place where Rotjeknor made his.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Robert Smith said:

And as promised some extra pictures of MS Amsterdam near the cruise terminal at Rotterdam and a couple of MS Amsterdam in dock at Rotterdam Botlek.

Maybe not the best pictures but I do hope Some of you will enjoy them.

The pictures were made very close to the place where Rotjeknor made his.

Thanks Robert!  They look great!

Linda R.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

Sure ! No problem!

I sent the picture to my waiter who is still on the Amsterdam.  In the picture with them holding the Goodbye Amsterdam banner, he is the one all the way on the left side (looking at the picture) holding the banner.  He says thanks!

Linda R.

• Like 2