Cunard cancels cruises up to April 2021

Solent Richard

Here's a tale of another successful but ultimately lengthy refund request for a booking made in the US through an online booking website.

We were booked on the QM2 round trip crossing departing June 14, 2020. That voyage was canceled on April 23. I did not do anything at that point thinking the 125% FCC sounded pretty good. I was even considering booking a voyage in July 2021 once the FCC was issued.

But then as the situation continued to deteriorate and more voyages were canceled, I went ahead and applied for a refund on June 29 using the online form on the Cunard website. Knowing it was taking a considerable amount of time for others to get their refunds, I patiently waited. And Waited. And waited.

Then I got an email on September 28 from the cruise booking website where I had made the original booking letting me know that Cunard had issued 125% FCC for us. Of course that initiated follow-up enquiries from me since I was expecting a refund, not FCC.

Unfortunately I made little progress working with that cruise booking website. I eventually made a call to Cunard Customer Service myself on October 14 and got through very quickly to a very helpful Cunard Customer Service Representative. She went through all the research and discovered that I had indeed requested a refund on June 29. The only explanation she could offer was that my request had somehow fallen through the cracks.

At this point she had to request that our FCC be canceled and then initiate the refund request after that had been done. She suggested I call back in a few days to check on the progress. I did call back a few days later and was told my FCC had been canceled and my refund request had been initiated on October 15. I was told the process should take about two weeks from that point.

This past Tuesday, October 27, I received a phone call from Cunard Customer Service letting me know that my refund had been processed and a credit had been issued to my credit card on October 22. I was told it typically takes 7 to 10 days from that point for the credit to show up on our credit card account.

This morning, October 29, the credit has indeed appeared on my credit card.

So it was a rather long and circuitous route getting our refund, but all's well that ends well in our case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

Have received an email today confirming the amount of FCC I have from several canceled cruises this year, the figure Cunard quote does match up with what I see when I log on to Cunard.com, has any one else had this problem

Cant even see anything with regards my FCC when I log in dont know if I am looking in the wrong place.