​🛳️​ Nov 2020 TA realistic after Cunard cancels all until 2021?

"Cunard, the luxury British cruise line, has announced it is cancelling all of its sailings until 2021.

The cruise line announced the news today (25 August), in acknowledgement of the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) Guidance and “the complexity of operating world voyages”.

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/cunard-cancels-all-cruises-until-2021/

Wondering if all the TAs for Fall of 2020 will be no-gos.  NCL is still selling a Barcelona to San Juan TA in Nov of this year at a fantastic price with free open bar, free WIFI, free specialty dining, free WIFI and free excursions. Costa is also advertising Nov 2020 TAs. RCI and Celebrity have taken Nov 2020 TAs off their sites.  To TA or not to TA? 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks -- I missed that TA thread.  Guess not happening from Europe to North America for most cruise lines this Fall season.  Spring 2021 from NA to EU looks iffy as well. 

Harmony has to go for drydock. Not sure who else

18 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks -- I missed that TA thread.  Guess not happening from Europe to North America for most cruise lines this Fall season.  Spring 2021 from NA to EU looks iffy as well. 

We are on Reflection TA in April and are not confident it will happen. 

50 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We are on Reflection TA in April and are not confident it will happen. 

Probably not the travel ban to the USA will still be in effect by then I imagine and won't be lifted probably until the whole country is vaccinated. It is possible that some TA crossings might sail american only depending upon UK quarantine requirements. Like maybe b2b on the QM2 or your one if they think they can pull it off and get money into the companies but I think something would be said if that happened.

• Haha 1

The big issue there is how to get to Barcelona.....Anyone from the US will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in any country in Europe other than GB and Ireland...on your dime by the way....

Has this changed?

Doug

6 hours ago, spunks said:

The big issue there is how to get to Barcelona.....Anyone from the US will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in any country in Europe other than GB and Ireland...on your dime by the way....

Has this changed?

Doug

Here's a thought. If the ships don't stop between USA and Europe in the spring, could that be considered a quarantine 😉

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, John&LaLa said:

Here's a thought. If the ships don't stop between USA and Europe in the spring, could that be considered a quarantine 😉

i felt that way on our Allure TA in March. Then we stopped in Malaga and had to deal with the Barcelona airport...after that all bets were off....

Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spunks said:

i felt that way on our Allure TA in March. Then we stopped in Malaga and had to deal with the Barcelona airport...after that all bets were off....

Doug

We spent night on the Rambla and flew home early next day.  Airport was a piece of cake.

I still think we got lucky in Malaga. Probably shouldn't have stopped.  But I did enjoy Cordoba 

Edited by John&LaLa

On 8/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, John&LaLa said:

We spent night on the Rambla and flew home early next day.  Airport was a piece of cake.

I still think we got lucky in Malaga. Probably shouldn't have stopped.  But I did enjoy Cordoba 

Malaga is one of our favorite ports. We have been to the Casa de le Guardia sherry bar so many times we get the family discount. We went straight to the airport from the ship and it was a total zoo. It was full of college kids that were finally allowed to leave Italy and were connecting through Barcelona.We had one lady buy a last minute ticket on the same plane we were on and it cost her $3,000.00....coach! Our flight was the fullest TA flight we were ever on. I felt like we were getting on the last chopper to leave the American Embassy in Saigon. We fully expected to be quarantined in Newark, but we were not even slowed down. Seems like another life ago.

Doug

• Thanks 1

By now it's clear that we will not see any transatlatic cruises this year, at least with passengers on it. Very likely there will be no cruises in November. Already with the current status that cruises would commence on November 1st, it's 99.999% obvious that a cruiseline would not start with transatlantic sailings during these times. Suddenly you have a outbreak in the middle of a crossing with severe cases, no cruiseline wants to go there just now.

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

By now it's clear that we will not see any transatlatic cruises this year, at least with passengers on it. Very likely there will be no cruises in November. Already with the current status that cruises would commence on November 1st, it's 99.999% obvious that a cruiseline would not start with transatlantic sailings during these times. Suddenly you have a outbreak in the middle of a crossing with severe cases, no cruiseline wants to go there just now.

Agreed. I find it incredibly deceiving that NCL still has a bookable Barcelona to San Juan for Nov 23 - Dec 6, 2020, on its website.  Costa and other lines are advertising TAs for 2020 as well - unbelievable!

13 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Agreed. I find it incredibly deceiving that NCL still has a bookable Barcelona to San Juan for Nov 23 - Dec 6, 2020, on its website.  Costa and other lines are advertising TAs for 2020 as well - unbelievable!

Hoping for some cash that they can later lift and shift 😉