Viking Owners Suite

TeamBAlways

6 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

I'd probably have a cocktail party every night if I had the chance! I'd invite you all in!  I love making new friends and why not share the bounty! 🙂 Sigh... alas it would need to be an upgrade for me. 

It was a last minute upgrade for Flashfearless on his first cruise!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

It was a last minute upgrade for Flashfearless on his first cruise!

Correct.  We had one suite size lower, and got the email 2 days prior to our flight departure.  I thought someone was pranking me.  Called into Viking to make sure.  Only thing we can figure is that because we let it be known we were on a significant anniversary, and because whomever had the OS must have canceled, they figured they could mitigate their losses this way.  Because there were some on waiting list for ES suite like we had planned.  

• 2 years later...

Absolutely nothing from winter garden. Mamsens sometimes has people in it until 11 pm. But it’s not a loud crowd.  And it is adjacent to the boardroom.  The boardroom has its own door you can close.  Then the door to the bedroom which is on the far other side.  Living room in between. It was never an issue for us and to be honest if it was noisy there say at 9 pm, that was just a clue to us that we needed to leave and enjoy the music. 

One thing I regret about the owners suite is it being so comfortable that you tend to stay in more. Make friends outside the cabin and when the bars wind down bring them there and have a bottle of wine from the stash there. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, Cienfuegos said:

In answer to question 5, the fireplace in Madsen's / Explorer Lounge does not offer a view into the owner's suite sauna.

At least it has not on our two Viking Ocean cruises.  We were on the Lounge side...

actually, it depends on the people in the owner suite if they block the view or not.  And it’s only a view into the boardroom.  

On 8/28/2020 at 6:48 PM, deec said:

I hope we cruise with you one day and you are in the Owner's Suite again and I can be your friend.  Interesting I have never known who is in the suite on the cruises I have been on....unless it was the OWNER, or his daughter!  Once there was an English TV hostess who was filming from the ship for show about cruise ships, her name was Jane.

It was Jane MacDonald - and we watched that show.  I remember distinctly part of it showing her in the Winter Garden for afternoon tea - were you there? It could be your ‘claim to fame’ 👍

10 hours ago, notjaded said:

For anyone who has stayed in the owner's suite, I noticed it was located close to Mamsen's and Wintergarden: Can noise be heard from these locations when you are in the suite?

Thank you.

We have been lucky enough to sail in the Owners Suite twice. We never heard any noise from Mamsens or passers by. It was always very quiet. 

We think it's a step down from the ES as the view from the window is 180 degrees on one side not the 260 view. We aren't fussed about the wine as we get the drinks package, and the explorers have seating for 8 if the tables are put together. 

For us the other perks aren't worth the loss of view over bow or stern. 

The custom excursion would save organisational hassle though

Edited by KBs mum

14 hours ago, Hobson1754 said:

It was Jane MacDonald - and we watched that show.  I remember distinctly part of it showing her in the Winter Garden for afternoon tea - were you there? It could be your ‘claim to fame’ 👍

We were there!!!  I was part of the film in launderette!

• Like 3

We were at the Explorer's lounge sitting at bar one night for a pre dinner glass of wine.  Only 1 other couple there, sitting across from us.  Struck up conversation with them.  Well into our conversation, wife mentioned their private tour.  Didn't know about it, (1st V cruise), so asked how she booked it.  Said it was a perk of OS. 

A very nice, personable, down to earth couple.

I didn't think they went around telling everyone.  Also, don't know how they got OS.

Edited by FetaCheese
Clarity

4 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

We were at the Explorer's lounge sitting at bar one night for a pre dinner glass of wine.  Only 1 other couple there, sitting across from us.  Struck up conversation with them.  Well into our conversation, wife mentioned their private tour.  Didn't know about it, (1st V cruise), so asked how she booked it.  Said it was a perk of OS. 

I didn't think they went around telling everyone.  Also, don't know how they got OS.

Booking and paying for it seems likely.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

We kind of lucked into ours.  We had booked an ES on our last Viking cruise and I guess whomever booked OS canceled.   And they had a waiting list for ES cabins.  So, two days prior to departing, we got an email upgrading us to the OS.   I thought it was a phishing scam at first.   I called in and verified. 

The free private excursion (we bought two more), the tour of the bridge (wife talked them into seeing engineering instead), the party in the OS, the sponsored cocktail at the meet and greet, the free spa service, the unlimited reservations, the hot sauna, the daily in-room served cocktail, the perks were many.  

Afterward, I experienced such post-cruise depression.  We truly hated leaving our steward and our favorite server.  

• Like 1

We have booked the OS for next year.  Is the beverage package included?

If you select a wine from the wine cellar in the suite are your charged extra?  I'm a bit confused on this amenity.   Looks like fun.   

It is my husband's 80th 

We love Viking and the British cruise we chose. ALL tibs appreciated.

50 minutes ago, cruiser02 said:

We have booked the OS for next year.  Is the beverage package included?

If you select a wine from the wine cellar in the suite are your charged extra?  I'm a bit confused on this amenity.   Looks like fun.   

It is my husband's 80th 

We love Viking and the British cruise we chose. ALL tibs appreciated.

Congrats! You will be so spoiled after staying in this suite. We were never charged for any wine from the collection. In fact the sommelier at meals would

come over and recommend wines for us. We were never charged for the extra wine at meals either. Your steward will provide you with any alcohol/mixers your prefer in the suite as well. I believe that an unspoken perk is the drink package is included because we have stayed in the OS twice and we never charged for drinks. I could go on and on about unwritten perks so ask away

The wine is yours for the taking.  And we didn’t have a drinks package.  Never needed one.  

I will say be careful about what you say.  When I inquired about bourbons on board, and noted no Woodford reserve on board.  By the time our Crete excursion was over, we had a bottle of Woodford waiting for us.  Not that I asked for it. 

1 hour ago, _alan_ said:

The wine is yours for the taking.  And we didn’t have a drinks package.  Never needed one.  

I will say be careful about what you say.  When I inquired about bourbons on board, and noted no Woodford reserve on board.  By the time our Crete excursion was over, we had a bottle of Woodford waiting for us.  Not that I asked for it. 

Why be careful about what you say if it results in a preferred bourbon?

2 hours ago, duquephart said:

Why be careful about what you say if it results in a preferred bourbon?

I'm really pretty humble and I didn't intend for them to have to track it down.  Nor did my wife intend to get a free bottle of limonchello or a huge bowl of fruit.   All happened because of a casual comment with the steward.  

19 hours ago, shipboy said:

Dee you were back on UK TV again, they repeated the laundry episode today 😀

I watched that yesterday as we've recently booked our first Viking cruise. We've booked a V2 so not quite the same as the OS🤣

• Like 1