Beverage Package Sale

I agree for 2020 sailings but this sale was for sailing through next summer. I purchased it for June 2021. If you don’t think they will be sailing by the time then maybe you should find something better to do than comment on a cruise forum. Lol

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

A good price on a beverage package for a cruise that won't sail is not a bargain; just another loan to RCCL.

So when are cruises going to start since you claim to know?

I've got 2 the last 2 weeks of February. Can you tell me if these will or wouldn't go please? I'd sure like to know. I know those first doses of vaccine wouldnt go around, but at least there will be at least one out before my sail date. Several studies here I could volunteer for I'm considering. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Port of Canaveral is anticipating January at the earliest and they are only gearing up for short sailings per their announcement yesterday. They even stated if ships can only be at 50% capacity, they will lose money sailing on the short cruises. 

9 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Port of Canaveral is anticipating January at the earliest and they are only gearing up for short sailings per their announcement yesterday. They even stated if ships can only be at 50% capacity, they will lose money sailing on the short cruises. 

I read that and its meaningless to if my February cruise will go or not. Repeating a article from a source that doesnt know doesnt help much. No one knows as far as I am aware. Speculation runs amok. Please link me to a credible source that rcl says it will start at 50%   .... other than they probably will struggle to fill ships, hence my hope for cheap royal ups.

Truthfully I'm not a big drinker, more interested in dining deals as I hardly drink. Just dont want to buy stuff and then have to cancel and wait for a refund. Zoom or the key, which is better deal. Etc. 

I'd love to know when cruising resumes. Wouldnt we all. Technically I could lift and shift my feb 2021 b2b but sure would crowd my schedule. Hope they extend past sept 30th to decide since the answer is no one knows. Feb 2021 might be right on the cusp of going or not. Afraid to buy packages for it. Lol if it drops to $18 I might though. 

On 8/27/2020 at 3:16 AM, molly361 said:

I saw a blog post of it.  It is or was only for select sailings on the NV and SY from January 2021 thru August 2021 on a limited basis

I was able to get it for my Feb 2021 Symphony sailings (B2B).  I had to first cancel the package I had already purchased, which was a DBP+1Voom and was able to repurchase just the drinks package for $44.  So now I don't have any Voom...but I will just wait until I get onboard and use the D+ discount.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've got 2 the last 2 weeks of February. Can you tell me if these will or wouldn't go please? I'd sure like to know. I know those first doses of vaccine wouldnt go around, but at least there will be at least one out before my sail date. Several studies here I could volunteer for I'm considering. 

I would say the chances of February are EXTREMELY slim, I hop I am wrong; I have Edge and Symphony both booked in February

On 8/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

A good price on a beverage package for a cruise that won't sail is not a bargain; just another loan to RCCL.

It's all about choices.  I work and decide how I'm going to spend my $$. I had previously purchased the package for $53 per day so obviously I'm not worried about loaning RCCL money.  If the ship sails then in my mind I got a good deal.  If it doesn't, then I will purchase a beverage package on another cruise.  Life is to short to worry about all the things that may go wrong.    

• Like 3

On 8/28/2020 at 12:55 PM, RFerrington said:

I was able to get it for my Feb 2021 Symphony sailings (B2B).  I had to first cancel the package I had already purchased, which was a DBP+1Voom and was able to repurchase just the drinks package for $44.  So now I don't have any Voom...but I will just wait until I get onboard and use the D+ discount.

I also repurchased my Beverage Package and no longer have Voom.  I'm hoping they run it on sale.  Maybe for Labor Day or Thanksgiving.

• Like 1