If This Article Is Accurate, Don't Expect Oceania And The Other NCLH Cruise Lines To Resume Cruising Anytime Soon

njhorseman

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

I see by your profile that you are on the Regent 2022 WC.  That itin is everything we want, and nothing we don't.  I would so love to be on that ship with you.  Just can't make the $ work, and by the time we would know if we could, it will be too late.  I hope you have a wonderful time Lady's Mom.  I'll be with you in spirit!

We would love to have you join us.  Remember that everything is included.  Unlike Oceania there are no uncharges except for some shore excursions.  Even then there are so many choices at each port that you can always find included excursions.  This will be our fourth cruise and if we didn't love Regent so much I could never have got may DH to part with that much money.  Good luck and thanks for the kind wishes.

Norma

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Exactly. Depends on how many "sub-catagories" there are and what's available on the specific sailing. With the July 4 sale we got a P3 for the price of an A-1. 

You got a good deal if they upgraded you to a PH.  I booked a cruise during the President's Day Sale in February when they were advertising a 4-category upgrade. They told me that I couldn't upgrade to a PH from any category. The highest upgrade they would allow would be to an A1. 

That was when ships were still sailing and before all the uncertainty started. It sounds like they're getting less restrictive on the rules now.  

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

You got a good deal if they upgraded you to a PH.  I booked a cruise during the President's Day Sale in February when they were advertising a 4-category upgrade. They told me that I couldn't upgrade to a PH from any category. The highest upgrade they would allow would be to an A1. 

That was when ships were still sailing and before all the uncertainty started. It sounds like they're getting less restrictive on the rules now.  

What Cat were you booked in?

Usually  if in an A cabin you go to PH

If in B  you go  to an A  

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

What Cat were you booked in?

Usually  if in an A cabin you go to PH

If in B  you go  to an A  

The sale did not allow me to upgrade to a PH from any category.  If you want a PH suite, you have to pay the price listed.  At least that's how it was for the sale back in February.  I've noticed on O's website for the current Labor Day Sale it says "up to a 4-category upgrade".  With all the changes and uncertainty in the past 6 months, who knows, maybe they've relaxed the rules. 

5 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

From what I am reading on the Regent site the next big NCLH announcement will be on Sept. 14 when they announce the 2023 World Cruise and cancel the Nov. sailings.  They may even cancel the Dec. sailings.  I don't know.  There seems to be some rumor afoot that Royal Caribbean may start sailing in November, but who knows.  We cancelled our Dec. Oceania sailing to SA, but we have deposits on future cruises in late March, July, and August.  I would think nothing will happen until they resolve the health protocols, which were supposed to be announced at the end of August, with nothing yet.  All we can do is hope.

I hope you are right that they do the cancellations on 9/14.  Our final payment is due 9/17 and I really don't want to tie up that much $$ with Oceania with a FCC.  But ultimately I hope it isn't cancelled, of course.

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

The sale did not allow me to upgrade to a PH from any category.  If you want a PH suite, you have to pay the price listed.  At least that's how it was for the sale back in February.  I've noticed on O's website for the current Labor Day Sale it says "up to a 4-category upgrade".  With all the changes and uncertainty in the past 6 months, who knows, maybe they've relaxed the rules. 

It always says  "UP TO"  it usually depends on availability as well

It is not a guaranteed  upgrade & it is on select sailings as well

The fine print is  a killer  if you do not read it  😉

We went from an A1 to PH3 on a May 14th sailing on the last 4 Cat upgrade promo

I think the reason you can't get it very often is that it can only be A1 to a PH3 and that category is usually in Guarantee or W/L almost immediately after the sale starts. It has to show available.

The other oddity that they have no answer for is when you see B1 and A4 or O/V and B4 in these sales, the price will be the same.

However, the price for A1 and PH3 will be a bit different - about 300-400 different.  The PH3 will still be about 1000-1300 cheaper than the PH2 so still a deal.

I'm starting to think that they've changed the rules on this sale. I booked a cruise in February 2020 for a March 2021 sailing.  This was during the President's Day sale when they were advertising the 4 cat upgrades. There was availability in every cabin category on my cruise and it was one of the ones listed for the sale.  O told me that you cannot upgrade to any Penthouse suite from any cabin category.  They said the sale does not apply to Penthouse and above.  Period.  The rules on these sales can be ambiguous and it does sound like they change as they go along, especially now.    JMO

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences on this. 

4 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I'm starting to think that they've changed the rules on this sale. I booked a cruise in February 2020 for a March 2021 sailing.  This was during the President's Day sale when they were advertising the 4 cat upgrades. There was availability in every cabin category on my cruise and it was one of the ones listed for the sale.  O told me that you cannot upgrade to any Penthouse suite from any cabin category. 

You must have gotten someone who had no  experience  with O  or were just too lazy to check

On 9/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, RJB said:

My guess is a year from November and I hope my Dec. of 21 cruise will go. 

Mine is Mar. 2022 and I'm even anxious about that. Ports, length of cruise, solvency of cruise line,health, etc. But I'll be on a ship somehow, somewhere. As long as I get the time I want in a specialty restaurant, I'm good.

• Like 1