Opting for Refund Instead of FCC

Definitas

I decided to request a refund rather than FCC for two cruises which Celebrity had to cancel. I expected to get 100% of the 125% FCC sum based on the basic cruise fare. As it stands, I have been refunded 4 seemingly random sums which are over $500 less than we paid. (FCC was $11650 which equals $9320 at %100  but less than $8750 returned). Has anyone else been short changed?

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

You have a choice, 125% FCC or 100% refund. A 125% refund has never been an option.

You have misunderstood (or maybe my post wasn't clear). I was given FCC vouchers for exactly 125% of cruise price paid but cash refund of less than 100%. ($580 short)

Ah, I understand now. You've received 4 payments to date, so is it possible that a fifth payment will be made? Celebrity's refunds aren't always timely, so it's possible that another will be sent, but in your shoes I would phone them to make sure that nothing has fallen through the cracks. 

• Like 1

My refund hit my credit card in four credits.  Two were deposits, and two were cruise fare with port & taxes). It was a bit confusing, but it added up correctly.  Check your invoice first, then give them a call.

Edited by julia

My experience is that if you request either a 125% FCC or 100% refund you will initially only get the Base Fare refunded.    Port Charges, Taxes are refunded separately.   It's difficult  to try to tie them all together especially when I had 6 refunds all at the same time.   

When you receive the credit back on your Credit Card there is no reference to which is applied against which reservation.

Forgot to mention --- the Full Refund is not the 125% of the base fare but just 100% of the base fare.

Edited by Jim_Iain

14 hours ago, MacH said:

I decided to request a refund rather than FCC for two cruises which Celebrity had to cancel. I expected to get 100% of the 125% FCC sum based on the basic cruise fare. As it stands, I have been refunded 4 seemingly random sums which are over $500 less than we paid. (FCC was $11650 which equals $9320 at %100  but less than $8750 returned). Has anyone else been short changed?

When you opted for the FCC the taxes and port fees were refunded.  When you cancelled the FCC the refund would be the cruise fare less taxes and port fees.  

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

When you opted for the FCC the taxes and port fees were refunded.  When you cancelled the FCC the refund would be the cruise fare less taxes and port fees.  

You are partly correct. The port taxes were indeed refunded but the basic cruise fare was not. The 125% FCC was calculated on that part of the payment (and was exactly right) and I expect to get back the original cash payment (i.e. 125% minus 25%). Currently I am several hundred dollars light

10 hours ago, MacH said:

You are partly correct. The port taxes were indeed refunded but the basic cruise fare was not. The 125% FCC was calculated on that part of the payment (and was exactly right) and I expect to get back the original cash payment (i.e. 125% minus 25%). Currently I am several hundred dollars light

Give Celebrity a Call.      I had to escalate all the way up to Lisa to fix 3 of mine.    It took almost 3 months and finally got it all back.  

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Give Celebrity a Call.      I had to escalate all the way up to Lisa to fix 3 of mine.    It took almost 3 months and finally got it all back.  

I may have to do that although I'm in the UK. How did you manage to get hold of the boss?

On 9/8/2020 at 1:39 AM, MacH said:

I may have to do that although I'm in the UK. How did you manage to get hold of the boss?

I met her husband on a cruise and he gave me her business card.   I did not of course get her on the phone but within minutes I got a call from the Zenith Desk.