Whats the story for dec cruises?

seaman11

2 hours ago, jhubba said:

It looks like November bookings are gone from the Carnival website, so I imagine November sailings are going to be canceled.  They are slowly working their way to December cancellations.  So sad as I have a sailing scheduled on the Dream on December 12.  Oh well, more OBC, I guess 😪.

Most have likely reached their limited capacity. Mine was removed from the website in July. 

6 hours ago, evandbob said:

Sorry if I rushed to Halloween and left off the end of September - I probably should have simplified and just said cancellation notices seem to come at the end of each month.

Thanks to all who clarified and corrected my omission of September!

I am still not optimistic about sailing resuming in 2020.  JMO, YMMV.

I'm up for just skipping a month and ending this year sooner....

(9/9 @ 6:14pm PT) I just checked the website and November cruises only show up for Long Beach (Los Angeles), Miami, and Port Canaveral.

Long Beach - Carnival Panorama

Miami - Carnival Conquest, Horizon, and Sunrise

Port Canaveral - Carnival Breeze, Elation, and Liberty

11 hours ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

(9/9 @ 6:14pm PT) I just checked the website and November cruises only show up for Long Beach (Los Angeles), Miami, and Port Canaveral.

Long Beach - Carnival Panorama

Miami - Carnival Conquest, Horizon, and Sunrise

Port Canaveral - Carnival Breeze, Elation, and Liberty

I am seeing similar - except only Miami and Port Canaveral now - Long Beach is gone for Nov.

Maybe those are the two ports they are going to operate from for Nov (and Dec?).  Maybe they just haven't chopped those out yet.

On 9/8/2020 at 9:19 PM, seaman11 said:

Have they been cancelled yet or is there hope the cdc will not extend the no sail? 

I believe everyone but Carnival has canceled Cruising in the US through December 15th.  Carnival is still holding out trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of there loyal customers they can.  Pretty sure the CDC is not going to cancel the no sail order when the pandemic is coming to it's peak.  I hope we can get through the peak and the confusion of flu and Covid happening at the same time and then maybe they could start back up around March.  I wish people would have worked together and all taken this virus seriously.  I think we definitely could have been back to cruising by the end of the year if that had happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I think they will be extending the order by September 21st........  

I agree. I was simply pointing out the need to take actual action.

4 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Why that date in particular?

Based on previous announcements, the CDC typically extended the No Sail order about 7 or 8 days prior to it expiring.  I assume Cruiseboy06 is thinking the same.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I agree. I was simply pointing out the need to take actual action.

Based on previous announcements, the CDC typically extended the No Sail order about 7 or 8 days prior to it expiring.  I assume Cruiseboy06 is thinking the same.

I probably would have said "by September 23" instead of the 21st but that's me 🙂

10 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

New info... John Heald said today that the Magic is returning crew to ships. 

The observable data from Carnival is bewildering.

Right now you can see bookings only for Port Canaveral and Miami for November, on the expected ships.  Magic is not one of them.  (Where was Magic supposed to be?  I've lost the bubble on that.)

EDIT: I see based on other websites it was supposed to cruise from Miami in Nov and Dec and maybe beyond).

So if JH says that the crew for Magic is returning...where are they going to sail from?

Or is the website glitch in "opposite day" mode: all the other ports and ships are locked down while they reconfigure for actual plans to sail in November, and Port Canaveral and Miami remain in place for now because they are just going to nuke them entirely from the schedule?

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

Right now you can see bookings only for Port Canaveral and Miami for November, on the expected ships.  Magic is not one of them.  (Where was Magic supposed to be?  I've lost the bubble on that.)

EDIT: I see based on other websites it was supposed to cruise from Miami in Nov and Dec and maybe beyond).

So if JH says that the crew for Magic is returning...where are they going to sail from?

Or is the website glitch in "opposite day" mode: all the other ports and ships are locked down while they reconfigure for actual plans to sail in November, and Port Canaveral and Miami remain in place for now because they are just going to nuke them entirely from the schedule?

I believe the poster stated that Magic was picking up crew for other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

I believe the poster stated that Magic was picking up crew for other ships.

Ah, I thought they meant "Magic is having their crew return to the ship".

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference to my overall level of confusion and confoundedness.

🤔

47 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The website I don’t understand nor pretend to. I would like to assume they are a billion dollar Corp and there’s a method to their madness, but 🤷🏼‍♀️  

• Like 1

Ah, I thought they meant "Magic is having their crew return to the ship".

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference to my overall level of confusion and confoundedness.

[emoji848]

Probably picking up crew for Miami and maybe another port or 2.