QV 2022 world voyage

deck chair

I'm not seeing a single segment for Fort Lauderdale to Sydney. But you should be able to accomplish what you want to do by booking these two separate consecutive voyages:

Voyage V205: Fort Lauderdale-San Francisco, Jan 21-Feb 6, 2022 (16 nights)

Voyage V206: San Francisco-Sydney, Feb 6-Mar 1, 2022 (22 nights)

(Note the second voyage is only 22 nights because a day is lost crossing the international date line.)

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm not seeing a single segment for Fort Lauderdale to Sydney. But you should be able to accomplish what you want to do by booking these two separate consecutive voyages:

Voyage V205: Fort Lauderdale-San Francisco, Jan 21-Feb 6, 2022 (16 nights)

Voyage V206: San Francisco-Sydney, Feb 6-Mar 1, 2022 (22 nights)

(Note the second voyage is only 22 nights because a day is lost crossing the international date line.)

Thank you.  Or I can take  the QM from NY  on 1/3 and board the QV in Southampton....Thank you for your help, Bluemarble!

Although not a great fan of the QV since her refit, this particular QV route to Sydney is superior to the QM2's route to Australia in 2022.. 

Deck Chair.

Edited by deck chair

In 2015, Queen Victoria sailed from Los Angeles (early Feb) to Sydney and then back to Los Angeles. I believe 46 days. Lovely cruise and I do wish that they would do that itinerary again. I would sail it again for sure.  Looking at 2022, but a long plane ride back to Canada.

Still looking at this one though.

Queen Victoria started in Southampton, through Panama canal and then went back to Southampton through Panama canal.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:26 PM, deck chair said:

Hello

Since the 2021 world cruise has been cancelled I am eyeing the 2022 QV world cruise.   Does anyone know if you can board in Fort Lauderdale?  End point is Sydney.  Thanks.

Deck Chair

We just booked the QV 2022 World Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton, 97 days, a few days ago. I would suggest calling your TA and have them look into it. On our last QV World Cruise in 2019, friends did book from Ft. Lauderdale to Sydney.

Hello....thank you everyone for your inputs.  I have now decided to sail on QM2 from NY to Southampton on 1/3/2022 then board the QV on 1/10/2022.  From there to Sydney.   Four segments.  56 days.  I hope I see everyone on these sailings!!

Deck Chair.

Hello folks,

we had booked San Francisco to Brisbane on QV in Feb 2021 back in March this year. Although the brochure and website didn’t advertise Brisbane as a disembarkation port we were surprised to be assured on the phone that we could book it. We did and have the paperwork to prove it was all logged.

OK. Cruise has since been cancelled.

Now we are hoping to replicate the same segment on QV for Feb 2022 but on calling Cunard today we are told Brisbane is not logged as a disembarkation port - yet. As our daughter lives in Brisbane we would much prefer to disembark in Brisbane rather than in Sydney and then have to take a flight up to Brisbane. Does anyone have experience of new disembarkation ports being posted later or trying to persuade Cunard to let us get off at a port not logged as such?

peripheral question. If we disembark in Sydney(a 2 day stay) do we get off on Day 1 or Day 2, I.e. would we have a chance of doing an excursion from the ship on Day 1 and then disembark on Day 2?

thanks in advance for any advice.

20 minutes ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

Hello folks,

we had booked San Francisco to Brisbane on QV in Feb 2021 back in March this year. Although the brochure and website didn’t advertise Brisbane as a disembarkation port we were surprised to be assured on the phone that we could book it. We did and have the paperwork to prove it was all logged.

Now we are hoping to replicate the same segment on QV for Feb 2022 but on calling Cunard today we are told Brisbane is not logged as a disembarkation port - yet. As our daughter lives in Brisbane we would much prefer to disembark in Brisbane rather than in Sydney and then have to take a flight up to Brisbane. Does anyone have experience of new disembarkation ports being posted later or trying to persuade Cunard to let us get off at a port not logged as such?

peripheral question. If we disembark in Sydney(a 2 day stay) do we get off on Day 1 or Day 2, I.e. would we have a chance of doing an excursion from the ship on Day 1 and then disembark on Day 2?

From my recollection, passenger’s who are disembarking in an overnight port are asked to leave the ship on Day 1 so that new passenger’s are able to occupy the cabin early the next day.

1 hour ago, LewiLewi said:

From my recollection, passenger’s who are disembarking in an overnight port are asked to leave the ship on Day 1 so that new passenger’s are able to occupy the cabin early the next day.

In our experience over the years, we have had the day in port, then over night n the ship and disembarked on day 2.

3 hours ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

It's been the traditional lately in Sydney that Cunard has been 'at anchor' the first day and then docked at the terminal on the 2nd.  Thus the 2nd day is the turn around day.  What ever day the ship is at the terminal would be the disembarkation day.  You can check it by googling Sydney cruise schedule and check the dates.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

It's been the traditional lately in Sydney that Cunard has been 'at anchor' the first day and then docked at the terminal on the 2nd.  Thus the 2nd day is the turn around day.  What ever day the ship is at the terminal would be the disembarkation day.  You can check it by googling Sydney cruise schedule and check the dates.

Good advice, for any port. What has happened in the past, doesn't mean to say it will continue.

Edited by Victoria2
added, for any port
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:20 PM, Victoria2 said:

Good advice, for any port. What has happened in the past, doesn't mean to say it will continue.

Given the debacle that was the Ruby Princess in Sydney this year I very much doubt that you can assume anything about details will be managed for arrivals. I suspect there will be  quite a lot more screening and testing. 

On 9/17/2020 at 5:58 AM, Roger Ackroyd said:

Hello folks,

At the moment you cant even travel from Sydney to Brisbane as a local!  Until cruising gets underway again ,and Australia allows interstate travel again - I very much doubt you'll get any official information 

We had hoped that there would be an Australia circumnavigation on the 2022 Cunard schedule.  However, no such luck.  As an alternative, we are considering taking the QV V206 cruise from San Francisco to Sydney (22 days),  and then 5 days later, take the QM2 M207N from Sydney to Perth (8 days).  

If practical, we would like to take a train, plane or bus to Brisbane and the Gold Coast during the 5 days between cruises.   This will be our 2nd trip to Australia and can't wait to get back.   Hopefully, there will be a effective coronavirus vaccine long before this cruise. 💉

On 9/18/2020 at 7:59 AM, BobBranst said:

As an alternative, we are considering taking the QV V206 cruise from San Francisco to Sydney (22 days),

We took this segment in 2019 and were so pleased with the experience. Our first and won't be our last Cunard cruise. The gin bar is a trip. And watching the ballroom dancers every evening was a staple. And, of course, teatime. And the library is unparalleled among ships. 

I am considering the QV 2022 world cruise, but I would like to return to the US by ship. I think that in the past, Cunard has scheduled things so that people doing a WC ending at Southampton could take the QM2 back to the states. But this year QM2 will be returning before QV docks in Southampton.

It is possible that whenever Cunard gets around to announcing later sailings, there will be a QM2 crossing about 10 days after QV docks, but even if that were to happen I suspect that after all those months on the ship I might be rather anxious to get home, and not want to hang around for that long.

Anybody else in the same boat? Any suggestions? I did a quick and dirty search, but didn’t see any other lines returning to the US that late.

12 hours ago, procrastiknitter said:

I am considering the QV 2022 world cruise, but I would like to return to the US by ship. I think that in the past, Cunard has scheduled things so that people doing a WC ending at Southampton could take the QM2 back to the states. But this year QM2 will be returning before QV docks in Southampton.

It is possible that whenever Cunard gets around to announcing later sailings, there will be a QM2 crossing about 10 days after QV docks, but even if that were to happen I suspect that after all those months on the ship I might be rather anxious to get home, and not want to hang around for that long.

Anybody else in the same boat? Any suggestions? I did a quick and dirty search, but didn’t see any other lines returning to the US that late.

We have been lucky enough in the past to be able to get off the QE and the QV in Southampton and step right onto the QM to sail back home. That was in 2018 and 2019. We are also booked on the QV World Cruise, but will have to fly home from Southampton. No “ferry across the Pond” in 2022.

4 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

We have been lucky enough in the past to be able to get off the QE and the QV in Southampton and step right onto the QM to sail back home. That was in 2018 and 2019. We are also booked on the QV World Cruise, but will have to fly home from Southampton. No “ferry across the Pond” in 2022.

We are also considering QV 2022 Ft Lauderdale to Southampton.

It is really annoying that there is no convenient QM2 sailing this year at the end of the cruise. Somehow flying to the west coast from Heathrow after 97 blissful days on QV just doesn't excite me!

In addition to just general loathing of everything about commercial flying these days, I can’t even begin to imagine how to go about getting all of the luggage you would need for a WC home.

I haven’t been able to travel for some years now, because I was taking care of my elderly mother. She passed away in June and made me promise that I would start traveling again as soon as she was gone. Unfortunately that’s not possible this year.

The only Cunard trips I have done were TAs, so I am hoping to next year do something a little longer to be absolutely sure that a WC would really be enjoyable, then do the WC in 2022. QM2’s WC doesn’t really appeal to me. I love the programming and formality of Cunard, so doing it on another line doesn’t have the same appeal. What to do, what to do. Hmmm. I am n (surprise!) not getting any younger, so I don’t want to wait too much longer.

Safarigal, I have loved your blog and it only made me more anxious to do a WC.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:04 PM, procrastiknitter said:

In addition to just general loathing of everything about commercial flying these days, I can’t even begin to imagine how to go about getting all of the luggage you would need for a WC home.

I haven’t been able to travel for some years now, because I was taking care of my elderly mother. She passed away in June and made me promise that I would start traveling again as soon as she was gone. Unfortunately that’s not possible this year.

The only Cunard trips I have done were TAs, so I am hoping to next year do something a little longer to be absolutely sure that a WC would really be enjoyable, then do the WC in 2022. QM2’s WC doesn’t really appeal to me. I love the programming and formality of Cunard, so doing it on another line doesn’t have the same appeal. What to do, what to do. Hmmm. I am n (surprise!) not getting any younger, so I don’t want to wait too much longer.

Safarigal, I have loved your blog and it only made me more anxious to do a WC.

We will try to use frequent flyer miles to fly home business class - then  we can take 4 suitcases for free, although we usually need at least 5.

At least that way I can drink champagne all the way home, so it seem quite so awful!

I'm glad you enjoyed my blog - not going anywhere this winter unfortunately, but it does mean we can put future cruise credits towards 2022 :)

11 hours ago, safarigal said:

We will try to use frequent flyer miles to fly home business class - then  we can take 4 suitcases for free, although we usually need at least 5.

At least that way I can drink champagne all the way home, so it seem quite so awful!

I'm glad you enjoyed my blog - not going anywhere this winter unfortunately, but it does mean we can put future cruise credits towards 2022 🙂

Hi safarigal...will mis you again next year and I fear even 2022 may not happen, Im not hopeful things will return for a number of years. Fortunately I can re-read all of our world cruise blogs and pretend!

hope you are both well and not suffering landlubbery too much....best regards roscoe

8 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Hi safarigal...will mis you again next year and I fear even 2022 may not happen, Im not hopeful things will return for a number of years. Fortunately I can re-read all of our world cruise blogs and pretend!

hope you are both well and not suffering landlubbery too much....best regards roscoe

I do hope that things are back to normal by 2022 - but until then I agree we can read cruise blogs and dream on :)

Edited by safarigal