Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

19 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Right on!   We sure have enjoyed Sicily! 

As do we! However, my husband's mother was born in Sicily as were his paternal grandparents. And on various trips there, we have been fortunate enough to have a private guide take us to Marineo (Mother's birthplace) and got birth records, met the man that now owns the store with apartment above where she lived. It was a rather moving day.

And on another trip we visited his grandfather's village (Prizzi) we actually met a cousin. Both are within driving distance of Palermo. 

And we have a favorite family run restaurant in Messina. Yeah, we like Sicily a LOT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjcox9 said:

As do we! However, my husband's mother was born in Sicily as were his paternal grandparents. And on various trips there, we have been fortunate enough to have a private guide take us to Marineo (Mother's birthplace) and got birth records, met the man that now owns the store with apartment above where she lived. It was a rather moving day.

And on another trip we visited his grandfather's village (Prizzi) we actually met a cousin. Both are within driving distance of Palermo. 

And we have a favorite family run restaurant in Messina. Yeah, we like Sicily a LOT!

Sounds heavenly!  I grew up eating a lot of Italian meats, but sadly can’t claim any blood although a distant  relative had a villa on the Italian riviera that we were able to visit! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Where is Noordam? Bonus points for mountain.   image.thumb.jpeg.6e4f03b1cd0ee543b81b5458a133ad1e.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Vancouver, BC with Grouse Mountain, the Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park and the Brockton Point lighthouse

I agree with @Copper10-8 except that it's Mount Baker, not Grouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Vancouver, BC with Grouse Mountain, the Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park and the Brockton Point lighthouse

5 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I agree with @Copper10-8 except that it's Mount Baker, not Grouse.

Correct Copper on location,  but Bluesea got the mountain!  Love mount Baker,  can see it from Canada and my aunt’s house in Washington state! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Correct Copper on location,  but Bluesea got the mountain!  Love mount Baker,  can see it from Canada and my aunt’s house in Washington state! 

Embarrassed to say I only know about Grouse Mountain (rode the cable car once to get up there) in Vancouver 😳

• Like 1

Pffft....that went easier than I thought!

It was January 8, 2020. Was supposed to go to St. Maarten but apparently St. Croix was as far as we could go on one azipod.

Edited by MTAK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Where is the Nieuw Statendam?

I usually show the ship, but today, it is just scenes from the port area.

Hints: It is a port mentioned previously on this thread. You can take a ships tour to these sights or a public bus. The ship docks rather than rendering here.

20191021_044600.jpg

20191021_040034.jpg

Corfu? 

On 10/12/2020 at 12:28 PM, J_M_F said:

Here is an easy one. Where is the Volendam?

PICT7502.thumb.JPG.5eb9ed2b551899d1795f50ab45f602c4.JPG

Finally!  With the hint needed, otherwise I'd have had to hunt through 12 years of blogs to find this one.  Freemante, AU.  Seems strange to miss since we were just there this past March (2020 WC that ended there....ugh...)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

We thought back then that was a rough start for 2020. Little did we know!

No kidding! That trip was a real picnic - we also happened to arrive in San Juan the afternoon of the major earthquake.  No power in town so that stop was pretty much a no-go.  Then we missed HMC on the way back due to wind. But if I could do that trip again this week, I would.  Minus the earthquake, of course.

• Haha 1