Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

2 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

Finally!  With the hint needed, otherwise I'd have had to hunt through 12 years of blogs to find this one.  Freemante, AU.  Seems strange to miss since we were just there this past March (2020 WC that ended there....ugh...)

Correct. Its the Maritime Museum in Freemantle. I got to talking to a docent there about steam engines and he took back into some of the workshop areas of the museum. There is also a great brewery in Freemantle called Little Creatures.

• Like 1

1560536291_2018-9M14(231).thumb.JPG.04e5278eb7e8f436b4546b7909146f33.JPG

41 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

Finally!  With the hint needed, otherwise I'd have had to hunt through 12 years of blogs to find this one.  Freemantle, AU.  Seems strange to miss since we were just there this past March (2020 WC that ended there....ugh...)

Their Maritime Museum.  But an odd angle.

We also enjoyed the free shuttle and the Market downtown.

Barbara

Edited by bcummin

24 minutes ago, J_M_F said:

Correct. Its the Maritime Museum in Freemantle. I got to talking to a docent there about steam engines and he took back into some of the workshop areas of the museum. There is also a great brewery in Freemantle called Little Creatures.

It's been a long time ago, but I also have fond memories of Little Creatures. Don't remember the Maritime Museum, perhaps it's new since we were there!

5 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Ketchikan, AK?

Bingo! 

I'm not as well traveled as some of you, so mine are pretty easy I suppose, although I thought St. Croix would be harder!

Edited by MTAK
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MTAK said:

Bingo! 

I'm not as well traveled as some of you, so mine are pretty easy I suppose, although I thought St. Croix would be harder!

Lol, I have never been to AK, but Google and Google Maps (as well as Google Translate) are my friends .... 😉😎🙃

Edited by bluesea777

2 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

End of Havensight pier, St. Thomas, USVI ?

Winner!  We were on Koningsdam and there was a bit of a toot fest at each other.  Two days later both ships were at HMC and we had another toot fest that would drive any noise abatement society into apoplexy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1