Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

7 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Correct!  Tricky cause it’s a sister to HAL!   

Hey, this is a where is HAL question on the board! 😉 You are one tricky Benny, so we'll have to watch out for you...........very clever to cover the funnel in the picture. And I have been on the Queen Vic as well. 

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

No. 

Hint: it's closer to Trinidad & Tobago than St. Kitts. And be aware the photo was taken in late 2008; the lower left is now covered with some green lawn. The jetty is still there.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:05 PM, St Pete Cruiser said:

The first pic looks like Havana, Cuba.  Didn't see or remember the other pic.

Winner! I had to crop the pictures so not to show the classic cars of Cuba!

Whole pictures:

image.thumb.png.bf5846c3ef8b26d13826663f27a2c4d7.png

image.thumb.png.2c67c0965d3f8fe78b0b023bc46e9e6d.png

This is the Catedral Ortodoxa Nuestra Señora de Kazán (translated to Our Lady of Kazan Orthodox Cathedral). Russian. A couple of blocks left from the Havana Cruise terminal.

image.thumb.png.4344093b6da85a57babf7750e879f788.png

image.png.c4b36e4fc0e5e6ec5467e4c7fe680b77.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Leaving Bermuda

image.thumb.png.53ddbb4129e0c7acee5e0c2ffa0e2ae6.png

Now I know the difference between the Victoria and the Elizabeth. I've never been on Cunard. One of the Holland America lecturers said I should go just once for the experience. 

As for Cuba, I'm thankful we got to go on the Veendam when we did. 

I've learned that when an opportunity presents itself, don't wait. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Now I know the difference between the Victoria and the Elizabeth. I've never been on Cunard. One of the Holland America lecturers said I should go just once for the experience. 

Unfortunately, the best way to differentiate between the two now is QE’s upper Games Deck... QV had her aft squared off just like QE, NA, and Eurodam during her 2017 refit 😪

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NieuwAmsterdam said:

Unfortunately, the best way to differentiate between the two now is QE’s upper Games Deck... QV had her aft squared off just like QE, NA, and Eurodam during her 2017 refit 😪

Well, the more I thought I knew...

Thanks for setting the record straight. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Hey, this is a where is HAL question on the board! 😉 You are one tricky Benny, so we'll have to watch out for you...........very clever to cover the funnel in the picture. And I have been on the Queen Vic as well. 

I know since I started the thread that I was naughty,  but warned everyone and asked who am I?  😂. They look so much alike, even the plan is the same.  Besides I’m running low on photos. 

3 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

As for Cuba, I'm thankful we got to go on the Veendam when we did. 

I've learned that when an opportunity presents itself, don't wait. 

It is an interesting experience, but very different than HAL.   A two story library with spiral staircase, amazing afternoon teas,  but has a ship within a ship on the grills, so we felt the MDR not as good as HAL although the buffet was outstanding.  Gentleman have to wear jackets at all times in the evenings.  But a beautiful ship and staterooms. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Correct!  Although we only made it as far as Gatun lake as it was  a partial transit! 

Thanks. We went thru on the Volendam 2 years ago this month and it was nearly finished.

Where in Canada are you? I grew up across the river from Sarnia, Ontario, and my father's side were Canadians, so I still enjoy being around my maple leaf friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks. We went thru on the Volendam 2 years ago this month and it was nearly finished.

Where in Canada are you? I grew up across the river from Sarnia, Ontario, and my father's side were Canadians, so I still enjoy being around my maple leaf friends.

We’re in the west in Alberta.    I have a lot of American friends and relatives too.😁

• Like 1