Carnival Corp. adds 5 more ships to exit list

jimbo5544

Just now, xDisconnections said:

Holiday is no longer around as the Carnival Holiday. Elation's fate will be coming around soon enough.

Nevertheless, Holidy hasn't been scrapped. On Elation, I'm not holding my breath. She should outlive the entire Vision class.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:57 PM, BlerkOne said:

Nevertheless, Holidy hasn't been scrapped. On Elation, I'm not holding my breath. She should outlive the entire Vision class.

the fromer Holiday(Now Named Magellan) may be reacquired by her mortgage holder along with Columbus and Vasco de Gama at auction.

11 hours ago, roeco9084 said:

the fromer Holiday(Now Named Magellan) may be reacquired by her mortgage holder along with Columbus and Vasco de Gama at auction.

Eggarforresterships.com/auctions is handling the sale the CMV ships. The first auction is Oct 8.  They post buyer and price. I have always been interested to know how much a used cruise ship actually sells for, not just the asking price. The smaller cruise lines that don't go under, pardon the phrase, are now able to update their fleet.

Regarding Elation and Paradise, they are the newest and have the forward deck cabins added, likely they will be the final two Fantasy class to go. 

Edited by mtnesterz

9 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Eggarforresterships.com/auctions is handling the sale the CMV ships. The first auction is Oct 8.  They post buyer and price. I have always been interested to know how much a used cruise ship actually sells for, not just the asking price. The smaller cruise lines that don't go under, pardon the phrase, are now able to update their fleet.

Regarding Elation and Paradise, they are the newest and have the forward deck cabins added, likely they will be the final two Fantasy class to go. 

Elation and Paradise have azipods.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, BlerkOne said:

Elation and Paradise have azipods.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, mtnesterz said:

FYI Carnival holds the morgage on Vasco de Gama,Magellan and Columbus. Well see how the auction plays out for that.

11 hours ago, roeco9084 said:

FYI Carnival holds the morgage on Vasco de Gama,Magellan and Columbus. Well see how the auction plays out for that.

The auctioneer makes notice all rights extinguished prior to sale...clear title. Thanks! Interesting to follow.

11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Why is that odd? Please advise your reasoning. 

What, no Instacart for cruise ships on lay-up?

On 10/7/2020 at 7:15 AM, mtnesterz said:

The auctioneer makes notice all rights extinguished prior to sale...clear title. Thanks! Interesting to follow.

What, no Instacart for cruise ships on lay-up?

Well to go from Cadiz to Anchorage back to Cadiz sail around for a while now back at anchorage. How is that not odd. For a ship in long term cold lay up she seems to move alot. 

1 hour ago, roeco9084 said:

Well to go from Cadiz to Anchorage back to Cadiz sail around for a while now back at anchorage. How is that not odd. For a ship in long term cold lay up she seems to move alot. 

I made no comment about whether or not it seemed odd. I quoted xDisconnections, whose post has since apparently been deleted. What I typed was just a little humor about today's times. You know, people ordering groceries through delivery services, like Instacart, these days.

I am not knowledgable on ship lay-ups. Except that I've read there are different states of readiness. Some ships go out so sea once for some functions, while other ships have been in port for months. Just a guess it has something to do with that.

Edited by mtnesterz

1 hour ago, roeco9084 said:

The ship is not in "long term lay up". The ship was sold.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I made no comment about whether or not it seemed odd. I quoted xDisconnections, whose post has since apparently been deleted. What I typed was just a little humor about today's times. You know, people ordering groceries through delivery services, like Instacart, these days.

Weird.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:17 PM, roeco9084 said:

An odd thing happened recently...Carnival Fascination 3 days ago or so went from Cadiz to Cadiz Anchorage and just today came back to Cadiz. What an odd movement.  

Why is that odd?

Edited by xDisconnections

44 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Do we know how the auction of Vasco de Gama went? 

I don't know. Wikipedia says the ship was auctioned on the 9th, not stating the buyer. The Eggar Forrester site does not show a sale, but they state they've had trouble with the sale page. 

The Vasco da Gama dates from 1993. The best of the bunch at auction IMO. It could still be profitably servicable for years, but I wonder, in today's market, who is buying?

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, woodscruise said:

Do we know how the auction of Vasco de Gama went? 

Announced today that it went to Mystic Investments, an Italian travel firm that holds a couple of river cruising companies and an Antarctic cruise line called Mystic Cruises. No word on what they will do with it. Not suited to either role. Amount not disclosed. However, the company that bought the former Pacific Dawn, which is to become the Satoshi said they could not have afforded the purchase in 2019. Perhaps too good a deal to pass up?

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Thank you mtnesterz. It will be interesting to see where Columbus (x Pacific Pearl) ends up.

Source: cruiseindustrynews.com. They say they will post info on the Columbus and presumably the other CMV ships.

Will also try to follow up on the Carnival ships, which is the topic of the post. 

6 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Announced today that it went to Mystic Investments, an Italian travel firm that holds a couple of river cruising companies and an Antarctic cruise line called Mystic Cruises. No word on what they will do with it. Not suited to either role. Amount not disclosed. However, the company that bought the former Pacific Dawn, which is to become the Satoshi said they could not have afforded the purchase in 2019. Perhaps too good a deal to pass up?

I did read they were gonna use it for the British and German markets but not sure if she will sail under their Astro Ocean brand or not