New Princess gift card offer

caribill

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/?cid=brand_email_promo_internal_giftcard_other_pf0md040_200915

This exclusive offer gives you a $50 bonus gift card to use through the end of next year when you spend at least $500 on gift cards— lots of time to plan a dream family vacation together! Princess gift cards can be used toward a cruise packed with family-friendly entertainment and activities, Discovery™️ shore excursions, onboard gifts and more. It's the perfect way to create lasting memories with the ones you love.

Purchase by 9/28. USA and Canada residents only.

Tempting. The only downside is $50 bonus gift card expires on Dec 31, 2021.

So my question is: If I book a 2022 cruise next year, can I prepay gratuity using the $50 bonus gift card in 2021?

Edited by sfaaa

I saw the offer. I'll pass. I'm currently in possession of $6,350 in Princess gift cards. No more for me until I'm sure what the heck will happen in the future. The $350 was from bonus cards that would have ended up expiring. They had been used as OBC on booked cruises that are cancelled. I managed to get them restored with no expiration date.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Tempting. The only downside is $50 bonus gift card expires on Dec 31, 2021.

So my question is: If I book a 2022 cruise next year, can I prepay gratuity using the $50 bonus gift card in 2021?

Yes.

You can even use it to just but OBC for your cruise. Or can apply it to the cost of the cruise.

By the way, expiring over 15 months from now is much longer than past promotions where the gift card had to be used within several months.

10% may have enticed me in the pre-suspension of operations but, not now!  I still have gift cards from well over a year ago that need to be used or heaven forbid, become worthless.  If I could sell them back, I would probably do it.  They've been applied to several different canceled cruises ... and again applied to another sailing that will most likely be canceled soon.  I thought when I bought them, 'well, we certainly can always use these'.  Little did I know!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

10% may have enticed me in the pre-suspension of operations but, not now!  I still have gift cards from well over a year ago that need to be used or heaven forbid, become worthless.  If I could sell them back, I would probably do it.  They've been applied to several different canceled cruises ... and again applied to another sailing that will most likely be canceled soon.  I thought when I bought them, 'well, we certainly can always use these'.  Little did I know!  

I feel the same way. Before the world went crazy it was a "given" that we would be cruising and using the gift cards. There really was no reason not to buy them and get the "bonus" cards. Things certainly changed quickly.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, tert333 said:

Holland America just announced a valentine's day special with a 10% bonus card.  Hopefully, princess will do the same soon....

Princess had this 10% CG promo last month. I finally succumbed to the temptation and bought one.