Princess Ships Sold

trbarton

I can only say what happened to me twice when my ship's itinerary was canceled:

1. Last November [Enchanted] I was give 15 Goodwill OBC but this was pre-pandemic 

2. This month I was given 200 OBC to rebook another European cruise and 15 OBC towards any different route. I was able to use both. Had I accepted their rebooking (FL->UK) not sure what it would have been. The only caveat is that the rebooking needed to be done in 60 days

Almost forgot: I had 2 canceled cruises out of SF and was given 200 OBC to book another cruise out of SF

2 hours ago, drsel said:

1. But do they give OBC or a 125% FCC?
2. How much is the OBC?
3. Is this OBC amount fixed or does it depend on the cost or length of your cancelled Cruise?

drsel - here in Aus as I understand it, if Princess cancel the cruise, it’s currently 125% FCC or full refund of deposit to original source (credit card).

Now we wait to see when they actually do cancel our cruise 🙄 - Jan, Feb, Mar??

Edited by Porky55

2 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

drsel - here in Aus as I understand it, if Princess cancel the cruise, it’s currently 125% FCC or full refund of deposit to original source (credit card).

Is that for the ships, pauses, or redeployments? It would be great if there was 1 compensation pattern here in US but we aren't that lucky. 

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is that for the ships, pauses, or redeployments? It would be great if there was 1 compensation pattern here in US but we aren't that lucky. 

They seem to keep it pretty simple for us 😉 it is just for now if an itinerary is cancelled as I understand it. It is then up to us to find a new cruise to use our FCC on.
Of course it is probably far more complicated than this in truth, and I have so far been exceptionally lucky. One cruise cancelled and 125% FCC - easy!

36 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

They seem to keep it pretty simple for us 😉 it is just for now if an itinerary is cancelled as I understand it. It is then up to us to find a new cruise to use our FCC on.
Of course it is probably far more complicated than this in truth, and I have so far been exceptionally lucky. One cruise cancelled and 125% FCC - easy!

I too have been lucky so far ... I used my 125% FCC from my cancelled Diamond cruise to fully pay for my Feb 21 cruise on the Sea.  Presuming that they cancel that one too, then I'll just dump the whole lot onto my Feb '22 on the Coral.   Fingers crossed!  The only benefit that I can see from the having my Sea itinerary cancelled due to sale (rather than Covid) is that my insurance will then kick in for precruise accommodation that I've got.  You've got to look for the small things that go your way 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, drsel said:

I have a Sea Princess booking end April 2021.
Do you think they will sell it before that?

From the official press release:

Due to the imminent departure of these two ships from the fleet, Princess Cruises will cancel published itineraries which include:

• Sun Princess sailings from December 28, 2020 through August 14, 2021
  • Sea Princess sailings from December 23, 2020 through November 9, 2021

Guests with bookings will be notified, and along with their travel advisors, will receive information on how to book another Princess Cruise when operations resume. Guests who prefer a refund will be accommodated.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/sun-princess-and-sea-princess-leave-princess-cruises-fleet

• Like 1

So, what will Princess give me?
I only paid a $200 deposit.
I also have another Princess cruise booked, so can I transfer the FCC + OBC to that already booked Cruise?

The Sea Princess was supposed to be my first ever Princess cruise.

48 minutes ago, drsel said:

So, what will Princess give me?
I only paid a $200 deposit.
I also have another Princess cruise booked, so can I transfer the FCC + OBC to that already booked Cruise?

The Sea Princess was supposed to be my first ever Princess cruise.

For $200 - you will get $250  made up of original $200 + $50 (= the 200 + 25% = $50 )

Then when FCC turns up in your account on Princess - when you log in to Princess, it is in your account profile, - you can then apply it to any future bookings you have. 
Did you buy OBC from Princess at some point? If so, that is really money you can do anything with, keep to use in the next cruise?

Edited by Porky55

I did not buy any OBC.

I thought they would give some OBC as compensation

But i booked both Sea Princess and another Princess cruise through a US travel agent.

so I guess I will have to go through that travel agent only, and not do it myself

• Like 1

For $200 - you will get $250  made up of original $200 + $50 (= the 200 + 25% = $50 )
Then when FCC turns up in your account on Princess - when you log in to Princess, it is in your account profile, - you can then apply it to any future bookings you have. 
Did you buy OBC from Princess at some point? If so, that is really money you can do anything with, keep to use in the next cruise?

In Carnival, the sister company, they make it look like a special favour to apply your FCC plus $600 OBC to an existing booking.

But then Princess does not give any OBC for a cancelled Cruise, unlike Carnival

For $200 - you will get $250  made up of original $200 + $50 (= the 200 + 25% = $50 ) Then when FCC turns up in your account on Princess - when you log in to Princess, it is in your account profile, - you can then apply it to any future bookings you have. 
This is my first ever Princess booking and it will get cancelled.

But I can still see my Sea Princess booking by just putting the booking number and my name and date of birth. It isn't cancelled yet

The cruise is still supposed to be sailing end of April 2021.

When Princess actually cancels it in the next few days, will it show as an automatic future cruise credit when I apply my booking number, name and date of birth?

Or do I have to ask my agent 1 to request for the FCC 125%?

The other Princess cruise is booked with another agent 2, so how do I go about transferring the FCC from the cancelled cruise booked with agent 1 to the 2nd Cruise booked with agent 2 ?

To apply FCC to an existing booking ask the TA or PVP to backdate the FCC to a date before your other cruise was booked. PVPs do this automatically while you're still on the call but TAs apparently have difficulty getting it done. Not sure why it sometimes takes them weeks

To apply FCC to an existing booking ask the TA or PVP to backdate the FCC to a date before your other cruise was booked. PVPs do this automatically while you're still on the call but TAs apparently have difficulty getting it done. Not sure why it sometimes takes them weeks

But my Sea Princess Cruise is still not cancelled.

Assuming it is cancelled on 1st October 2020, i will have to call the travel agent to get the FCC issued only after 1 October 2020. 

So how can I date the FCC before the date the cruise was cancelled, ? (which as of now is in the future)

My second Princess cruise was booked mid September 2020

25 minutes ago, drsel said:

But my Sea Princess Cruise is still not cancelled. yet

Assuming it is cancelled on 1st October 2020, (or before) i will have to call the travel agent to get the FCC issued only after 1 October 2020. not exactly. You will get FCC dated the day it is issued with it to be used by 05/1/2022.

So how can I date the FCC before the date the cruise was cancelled, ? (which as of now is in the future) you cannot. Princess backdates it

My second Princess cruise was booked mid September 2020 Great!! So now you know you want the FCC dated before mid-September!! You cannot ask Princess to backdate or apply it to an existing cruise because you use a TA. the TA has to get Princess to do it

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, caribill said:

there goes another Alaska cruise I was so looking forward to canceled. I wonder when they are going to let me know. Both times I had a lot of extras added in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drsel said:

This is my first ever Princess booking and it will get cancelled.

But I can still see my Sea Princess booking by just putting the booking number and my name and date of birth. It isn't cancelled yet

The cruise is still supposed to be sailing end of April 2021.  Some time soon Princess will give you the option of a refund or FCC. There will be a date that you need to respond by. After that date, Princess will start processing the refunds/FCCs. It may take several weeks at that point for your cruise to be processed. Once it is processed, the cruise will disappear from the Princess web site and you will no longer be able to see it.

When Princess actually cancels it in the next few days, will it show as an automatic future cruise credit when I apply my booking number, name and date of birth?

Or do I have to ask my agent 1 to request for the FCC 125%?  As I mentioned above, you will soon be given the option of refund or FCC. Chances are if you want a refund you need to respond by the indicated date. If you do not respond, it will automatically be an FCC. You do not have to involve your TA in this.

The other Princess cruise is booked with another agent 2, so how do I go about transferring the FCC from the cancelled cruise booked with agent 1 to the 2nd Cruise booked with agent 2 ?  The FCC once issued will be in your name, not in a TA's name. If it does not automatically get applied to your other cruise, just let agent 2 know it exists and he/she will take care of getting it applied.

You will likely NOT get a notice from Princess or your TA that the FCC has been issued.

If you have set up a "My Princess" account on the Princess web site you can check for it there. Once there it will tell you if it has been applied or not to your other cruise. As Ombud pointed out, you may need to ask your 2nd TA to have Princess backdate the FCC so it can be applied.

If you have not set up a "My Princess" account, then when the cruise does not show up when you look for it, the FCC will have been set up.

• Like 1

You will likely NOT get a notice from Princess or your TA that the FCC has been issued.

My agent 1 give me two 10 digit numbers as FCCs for the cancelled Princess cruise, and told me I can use them to book any future Cruise.

So is the 125 dollar FCC just a 10 digit number which you can apply as credit/ additional payment for another Princess cruise which you had previously booked?

2 hours ago, drsel said:

My agent 1 give me two 10 digit numbers as FCCs for the cancelled Princess cruise, and told me I can use them to book any future Cruise.

So is the 125 dollar FCC just a 10 digit number which you can apply as credit/ additional payment for another Princess cruise which you had previously booked?

The FCCs I received for my cruises cancelled by Princess are only 8 digit numbers.  They are listed in my Circle Savings Account which can be seen when I log into "My Princess Personalizer" account (just like Caribill described in his post above).  Princess did not send any notifications that they had processed any of these FCCs to my account.  I just checked daily and one day they were listed.  I received these FCCs under the Pause that allows them to be used to cover the deposit or additional  payments on new or previously booked cruises.  Your best bet is to call Princess directly and ask them how your FCCs can be used and then let your TA know how you want to use your FCCs.

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Like coo359a2, my FCCs are also 8 digits.

However, when it comes time to use them, just tell the person you are booking with (Princess or TA) that you have FCCs you want to apply. No need to tell them the numbers assigned,. The agent can easily find them and apply them.

Like coo359a2, my FCCs are also 8 digits.

However, when it comes time to use them, just tell the person you are booking with (Princess or TA) that you have FCCs you want to apply. No need to tell them the numbers assigned,. The agent can easily find them and apply them.
I use a TA and gave him the 10 digit numbers.
TA phoned Princess, but Princess said that the FCCs have not been issued yet.
I will have to wait till I get the email about the cancellation.

• 2 weeks later...