Free Loans

Oldfart432

4 hours ago, NIATPAC29 said:

YOU'RE WELCOME. The chronic whiners have to get their WHINNING  in, I'm sure they're very controlling in EVERYDAY LIFE ALSO

To be fair while I understand that all caps might be easier to read for some people unfortunately for you it has since the 1980s been established as the universal indication you are shouting/yelling when typing online which for a long time has been considered bad netiquette🙄 and more recently something strongly associated with trolling. So you have to understand from a reader's perspective since none of us know you we would be reading it wondering why you are shouting😳

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

To be fair while I understand that all caps might be easier to read for some people unfortunately for you it has since the 1980s been established as the universal indication you are shouting/yelling when typing online which for a long time has been considered bad netiquette🙄 and more recently something strongly associated with trolling. So you have to understand from a reader's perspective since none of us know you we would be reading it wondering why you are shouting😳

...and if you are like me and the font seems to be shrinking as I get older then it's time to go to Wal Mart for stronger reading glasses.  Pretty simple and low cost solution. 🙂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

A possible set of scenarios.  Of course, that $1,000 invested in the stock market could have been worth $3,000 a year later, and that $1,000 deposit on a cruise might evaporate in a cruise line bankruptcy — or simply entitle you to the same accommodations on your contemplated $6,000 cruise which later buyers could get for $4,000.

And there are thousands of other scenarios as well. I was using the most reasonable of solutions. Yes, that $1,000 could have bought MegaMillions tickets for the June 9th drawing and won $410M. You could have also been shot by a police officer while ordering a 100 $10 Starbuck's coffees and the family winning a $250M wrongful death lawsuit. But I preferred to use realistic possibilities to make a point. 

On 9/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, ColeThornton said:

...and if you are like me and the font seems to be shrinking as I get older then it's time to go to Wal Mart for stronger reading glasses.  Pretty simple and low cost solution. 🙂

For me the deal breaker is lack of paragraph breaks. It is just hard on my tired old eyes.    Sometimes I "quote" a lengthy post, create random  paragraph breaks, read it, then delete the quote.   

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, ilikeanswers said:

CC guidelines even mention it.

"ALL CAPS...
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting".

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

CC guidelines even mention it.

"ALL CAPS...
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting".

Some cannot seem to type a sentence without using all caps to emphasize one or more words (frequently a certain adverb or interjection).  I don't quite understand that need, but wonder if the all caps rule applies only to whole sentences.  Seems shouting is shouting, but wonder is Mrs Manners considers one OK and the other not.

PS: just realized you might think I'm referring to your comment above -- I'm not!   

Edited by ldubs

This thread has gone way off course. Perhaps we can get back on and stop all the criticizing.

Does it really matter in the scheme of things...what font or caps each individual chooses to use.

If it really bother's you...move on...no need to respond or feel it's your job to. 

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

This thread has gone way off course. Perhaps we can get back on and stop all the criticizing.

Does it really matter in the scheme of things...what font or caps each individual chooses to use.

If it really bother's you...move on...no need to respond or feel it's your job to. 

I was trying to help the poster who was complaining about other posters criticism to their posts. They seemed to be getting frustrated so I thought it would help them to understand why they are being critiqued. In some ways online discussion is like a different language with its own form of grammar rules. Learning them can be helpful to communication🤗

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2020 at 8:12 AM, ColeThornton said:

Just a thought...... for those of Us whom are still using a desk top or laptop computer,,, one can easily zoom the windows in your browser to made the font bigger.... thus more easily read....

Or has everybody gone to using  these tablet thingies, ( ipad or whatever )  covered in finger prints..??

Well there is always a magnifying glass  then.......

20 hours ago, ldubs said:

For me the deal breaker is lack of paragraph breaks. It is just hard on my tired old eyes.    Sometimes I "quote" a lengthy post, create random  paragraph breaks, read it, then delete the quote.   

Totally agreed......  one big page of text is much hard to read..... particularly people viewing on phone...

Cheers Don...... on laptop ( with real keyboard )

34 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Just a thought...... for those of Us whom are still using a desk top or laptop computer,,, one can easily zoom the windows in your browser to made the font bigger.... thus more easily read....

Or has everybody gone to using  these tablet thingies, ( ipad or whatever )  covered in finger prints..??

Well there is always a magnifying glass  then.......

Totally agreed......  one big page of text is much hard to read..... particularly people viewing on phone...

Cheers Don...... on laptop ( with real keyboard )

When you posted about being able to zoom in before,  I learned the function on my MacBook and now use it all the time.  So, I thank you for tip!  

Edited by ldubs
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ashland said:

I agree, rule or not it isn't a big deal and there is a lot of pot & kettle going on.  But look on the bright side.  At least it isn't about the "CV" word!  😋

• Haha 1