Frank Del Rio to sail on the first NCL cruise that goes

Suite Heart

"My family and I, my grandchildren, my children, my wife, we will be on our (NCL's) first cruise," Del Rio said. "We will be that confident. I love my family as much as anybody loves their family, and that will be the proof of the pudding." (https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/09/21/norwegian-royal-caribbean-cruise-panel-suggests-covid-19-rules/5839739002/)

Still no word on when NCL will be cleared to sail. He also said that NCL will start out with 6 ships sailing.

9 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

"My family and I, my grandchildren, my children, my wife, we will be on our (NCL's) first cruise," Del Rio said. "We will be that confident. I love my family as much as anybody loves their family, and that will be the proof of the pudding." (https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/09/21/norwegian-royal-caribbean-cruise-panel-suggests-covid-19-rules/5839739002/)

Still no word on when NCL will be cleared to sail. He also said that NCL will start out with 6 ships sailing.

The Del Rio quote says ""My family and I, my grandchildren, my children, my wife, we will be on our first cruise,"...there is no "(NCL's)" in the quote. He is speaking for NCLH, not just NCL, and the first cruise could be on Oceania or Regent Seven Seas rather than NCL.

Further the plans I've seen in the past had about six ships in total from the NCLH group sailing at the restart, and some could be from Oceania or Regent Seven Seas.

I know there was no NCL in parentheses in the quote, I meant to put NCLH in the parentheses.  I should have clarified that it could be an NCL, or Oceania or Regent Seven Seas ship, since NCLH owns all three.

I apologize for any misinformation.

5 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

"My family and I, my grandchildren, my children, my wife, we will be on our (NCL's) first cruise," Del Rio said. "We will be that confident. I love my family as much as anybody loves their family, and that will be the proof of the pudding."

All of them, including Dek Rio and wife, taking standard inside cabins of course and subject to the same service as everyone else in such!!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The Del Rio quote says ""My family and I, my grandchildren, my children, my wife, we will be on our first cruise,"...there is no "(NCL's)" in the quote. He is speaking for NCLH, not just NCL, and the first cruise could be on Oceania or Regent Seven Seas rather than NCL.

Further the plans I've seen in the past had about six ships in total from the NCLH group sailing at the restart, and some could be from Oceania or Regent Seven Seas.

Does that mean FDR has never cruised before??? Better word would be "the" - "we will be on the first cruise".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Does that mean FDR has never cruised before??? Better word would be "the" - "we will be on the first cruise".

I think his sentence structure could be improved, though I believe he is referring to NCLH when he says “our” not his specific family.

I see that Harry Sommer is the President & Chief Executive Officer, Norwegian Cruise Line.

Del Rio is listed as the President and Chief Executive Officer, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
As to him in the Owner's Suite, he can afford it. Many times over.

Frankie baby makes over $22,000,000 (yes, MILLION) a year.

(I wonder what kind of a tipper he is...)

Harry said, in an August 2, 2020, interview with Porthole Cruise: "...I've gone on record as saying that I won't open cruising until I am comfortable taking my wife and three children and brother my my my on board and I very much plan to be on the very first cruise when NCL begins operations hopefully soon uh um so we are going to make this front-end center something that that this is going to be something that I can look you in the eye look every guest in the eye and be proud.." (https://www.porthole.com/interview-harry-sommer-norwegian-cruise-line-part-1/)