Hawaii??

erniebernie

17 hours ago, erniebernie said:

Goodmorning to you all  I am wondering if any Cunard ships have gone to Hawaii as part of a cruise to or from somewhere?

Early in her career QM2 actually did a cruise from the west coast of the United States called "Royal Hawaiian Liner". It was back in 2006 and was round trip from Los Angeles with stops in Maui, Honolulu, and the Big Island. I don't believe anything has been repeated like that since. 

If Queen Elizabeth ever goes back to Alaska its certainly possible that there could be some repo cruises that would stop in Hawaii. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Early in her career QM2 actually did a cruise from the west coast of the United States called "Royal Hawaiian Liner". It was back in 2006 and was round trip from Los Angeles with stops in Maui, Honolulu, and the Big Island. I don't believe anything has been repeated like that since. 

A video of that trip is available on the Cunard Cruise Videos thread.

In 2015, Queen Victoria left Los Angeles (early February) and stopped in Hawaii on her way to Sydney.

The cruise then returned to Los Angeles and again stopped in Hawaii.

I was on that cruise and I would do it again if it was scheduled. 46 days with lots of sea days and not a long flight.

Yes, we have done it on Queen Mary 2 in 2009. Southampton to Sydney something like 56 nights if my memory serves me correctly. Queens Grill and the first cruise I met Bell Boy personally and we've been friends since.

Those were the days when the Grills really gave you 'an experience'. In Hawaii Cunard arranged an exclusive  'Reception' at the Governor's House which wasn't then open to the public.

1194853327_HawaiiGovernorsHouseReceptionwithPaulC.jpg.d7675df3abac1a85161133a85429ca31.jpg

89882910_HawaiiGovernorsHouseReceptionCroquetBarbara.jpg.e626424d1e70e1f1a82a13213c62fb31.jpg

...and the outstanding Sailaway party...

1472604267_HawaiiQM2Sailawayparty.jpg.1c8565b98a07038aec9a7e7e3fededa0.jpg

Those were the days.😁😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot remember the year, but it was before the Queen Victoria was "remodeled' and we had the Mauritania Suite with a huge back deck. We traveled from Los Angeles to Lanai, Oahu, Maui and the Big Island, I think in that order or it may have been the big island and then Maui. On the return to Los Angeles  we stopped in Ensenada, Mexico to make it a foreign cruise as required by U.S. Law.

We had a lovely lady Butler named Santa who was wonderful and served six of us dinner at the table in the suite with great aplomb. I asked the guests to come and select the entre during the day, so we could at least make her efforts a bit easier. The guests were Britannia passengers and got a kick from ordering from the QG menu. Santa was again our butler on a voyage from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale a few years later also on OV. and repeated the great service. She is by far the best Cunard Butler I have had in 18 voyages. 

Because land radar only goes out to sea a few miles, I assumed the sailing would be smooth and tropical because no disturbance appeared on local radar. It was in the month of February and the second sea day showed how powerful and nasty the Pacific could be in Winter. The only way to enjoy the deck was to pull the chairs up under the over hang and wrap up with a blanket. Cruising in the islands was lovely. 

• Like 1