Covid-19 on Mein Schiff 6

Baynanno1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/breaking-covid-19-breaks-out-on-one-of-first-ships-to-resume-cruising/ar-BB19v31X?li=BBnb7Kz&fbclid=IwAR2JOFS3Mn9qMM3qVaaj3pd2B6zqF78VJ3VpKMsEUuN3PA5KJddqxEizHv0

😪 😷

However, apparently subsequent tests were all negative.

The crew members currently isolated will be tested again by Greek authorities.

Edited by Baynanno1
additional information

I'm not a Doctor [and I didn't even play one on TV!], so I'm confused about false positives.  I can understand a false negative – maybe the swap didn't hit the right area or maybe the machine missed it.  But a false positive means the test machine said it saw the virus when it wasn't there.  That sounds like a poorly-designed machine.

Anyway, I'm glad the second round came back 100% negative so the government will have to pursue a tiebreaker instead of simply dismissing the ship's testing facility.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm not a Doctor [and I didn't even play one on TV!], so I'm confused about false positives.  I can understand a false negative – maybe the swap didn't hit the right area or maybe the machine missed it.  But a false positive means the test machine said it saw the virus when it wasn't there.  That sounds like a poorly-designed machine.

Anyway, I'm glad the second round came back 100% negative so the government will have to pursue a tiebreaker instead of simply dismissing the ship's testing facility.

False positives have been discussed a lot in our press.  They can arise where someone has previously (months ago) been exposed to the virus and developed a mild dose asymptomatically. Their body still has minor traces but they’re not necessarily infectious now. It’s quite the opposite to a bad machine, it’s a very sensitive machine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Is that an Azamara ship?

Its operated by TUI cruises which is 50% owned by Royal Caribbean and 50% by TUI AG.  I would be very surprised if RCI are not involved in the planning and operations of these cruises. I assume that lessons learned by Royal Caribbean at this time will be used by all companies in the RCI family, including Azamara.